Whistler 2012

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just arrived at LAX the transfer with bike was easy, customs never even looked at it! Got dicked around by a 4 hour delay in departure from Melbourne, so missed my connection to Vancouver, but they got me on the next flight so i'll still be up at Whistler tonight.

rb baby

Likes Dirt
better off with a full Dh rig unless you can barspin and tailwhip, and want to spend the whole time attempting to on dirt merch and ALine.

I ride a '11 demo with a full race set up. and its perfect for everything here. The blue and single black runs resemble our dh trails more than the doubles over here.
Plus, a bigger bike helps to save your hands and arms.

Cheers, DH rig it is.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Arriving at night meant that I had no idea what the place looked like, til I woke up this morning with a view from my bedroom of the mountain. So awesome!

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Holy shit, Rob was right... i've had to brake check so many times, i've overshot a couple of the jumps on Crank it Up already... Now I need to learn how to scrub. :)

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Holy shit, Rob was right... i've had to brake check so many times, i've overshot a couple of the jumps on Crank it Up already... Now I need to learn how to scrub. :)
I'm so jealous, I feel like getting on the next plane back over there. There was one jump in particular on Crank It Up where if you hit it full speed you end up way down the (very long and steep) transition after spending an insane amount of time in the air!

You're in for some fun times when you head up into Garbo and hit up some of the awesome tracks like Original Sin, No Joke, Black Velvet and Freight Train.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blue Velvet > Freight Train > Dirt Merchant > Aline! I think I have my winning combo... my body is aching, but goddamn this is awesome.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blue Velvet > Freight Train > Dirt Merchant > Aline! I think I have my winning combo... my body is aching, but goddamn this is awesome.
Ah dude you have so many still to discover. Skip Blue Velvet and hit Original Sin instead. Done black Velvet yet? Ah, memories.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Black Velvet was closed today, i'll be doing it tomorrow.

Focusing on the flow tracks at the moment to get my fitness and conditioning up, then i'll try some more technical trails.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Black Velvet was closed today, i'll be doing it tomorrow.

Focusing on the flow tracks at the moment to get my fitness and conditioning up, then i'll try some more technical trails.
Try some tech too for fitness sake. Maintaining momentum on some of the tracks is tough so you're not on the brakes much.

buffy

Likes Dirt
woooooooo just did top of the world to khybers, babylon, tunnel vision and big timber. fucking epic. As good as ride dont slide.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm done... Broken wrist, stitches ans concussion on day 4. Heading home early. Was on a sweet run down A-Line, and overshot the last jump... Hadn't noticed the hip line to the right as an alternative, would have made a massive difference if i'd seen it earlier.

For all the sadists out there... Here is the chest cam of the run.

[video=youtube;WTp5kZMaflg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTp5kZMaflg[/video]

buffy

Likes Dirt
I'm done... Broken wrist, stitches ans concussion on day 4. Heading home early. Was on a sweet run down A-Line, and overshot the last jump... Hadn't noticed the hip line to the right as an alternative, would have made a massive difference if i'd seen it earlier.

For all the sadists out there... Here is the chest cam of the run.

[video=youtube;WTp5kZMaflg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTp5kZMaflg[/video]

nice one, you were hookin along. sux you didnt even make it 1 week!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Oh man, that was one serious high-speed wipe-out - you were absolutely pinning it. I guess 4 days in Whistler is still any riders dream, hope the recovery goes well and you can get back next year.

What is it about wrists this year??