WHO report released into processed and red meat finds links with cancer

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
So glyphosate is probably carcinogenic but processed meat IS carcinogenic.

Just put that is for the "anti 'chemical'" crowd...

Everyone should stop eating bacon right now so the price comes down for me. Mmmmmm, bacon

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Well, theoretically just getting old means an increased risk of cancer.

But eating clean, wholesome foods doesn't increase the risk or result in any measurable risk.

Processed meats are not normal.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I've been eating far too much kransky and mustard of late.

Shit is pure glory with a beer.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Cancer of some form or another is practically inevitable for most of us.
There's no escape, but I suppose we can prolong the inevitable.

My entire diet was practically meat, processed or not, it didn't matter to me... nor does the fact that it is/can be carcinogenic.
My lady is vegan due to ethical reasons, and I've been trying bits and pieces of her food lately in an effort to cut back, or eliminate meat consumption (5th day with no meat so far), and in turn - support her on her journey and adjust my own personal health.

Some of that meat-free mock stuff is actually pretty decent!

Had some skewer thingos, and schnitzel the past two nights and quite enjoyed them.
Saying a lot from somebody who hasn't eaten any fruit or vegetables (aside from corn on the very odd occasion and potato) since 1994.

I do love the taste of meat, but we gotta do what we gotta do. :)
Looming cancer or not!

Last edited:

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Pays to look at the figures. Currently it's about 6 out of 100 people in Australia who get bowel or coleo-rectal cancers. Eat processed and red meat and your chances are increased to 7 out of 100. Hardly a 20 pack a day risk taking activity.

My lady is vegan due to ethical reasons, and I've been trying bits and pieces of her food lately in an effort to cut back, or eliminate meat consumption (5th day with no meat so far), and in turn - support her on her journey and adjust my own personal health.
Same here, my lady is vegan, but is quite happy preparing and feeding others meat. In fact her favourite meal to cook for dinner guests is a full on roast! I'm pretty happy cooking and eating mostly vegan food at home, as personally I think it balances out the my other occasional foodie and drink loving activities of salami making, social BBQ-ing, homebrewing and whisky appreciation!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Pays to look at the figures. Currently it's about 6 out of 100 people in Australia who get bowel or coleo-rectal cancers. Eat processed and red meat and your chances are increased to 7 out of 100. Hardly a 20 pack a day risk taking activity.

Same here, my lady is vegan, but is quite happy preparing and feeding others meat. In fact her favourite meal to cook for dinner guests is a full on roast! I'm pretty happy cooking and eating mostly vegan food at home, as personally I think it balances out the my other occasional foodie and drink loving activities of salami making, social BBQ-ing, homebrewing and whisky appreciation!
Dead right. ABC news feed shows 5-6 times more people die of air pollution related illnesses than processed/ red meat ones. Like anything I believe it comes down to moderation and eating a balanced, healthy diet really..... blah, blah. Every week it seems some study says something will give you cancer. It's not really new news that eating a lot of processed meat/ red meat can be bad for you...

Unless of course your thing is to roll big doobies out of processed meat in which case you're fucked :evil:

John U

MTB Precision
Well, theoretically just getting old means an increased risk of cancer.

But eating clean, wholesome foods doesn't increase the risk or result in any measurable risk.

Processed meats are not normal.
Does eating clean, wholesome foods decrease the risk of cancer?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Nothing to worry about folks, Barnaby Joyce says it's OK and the UN only says stuff like this because they want us to live in caves.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Nothing to worry about folks, Barnaby Joyce says it's OK and the UN only says stuff like this because they want us to live in caves.
They're trying to make us to weak to offer any resistance when they launch the global coup to install their World Government. :tinfoil3:

Last edited: