WTSFLC Ride Thread.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Riding on flats forces you to use skills you wouldn't otherwise use clipped in, especially through the rough stuff.. Once you get the technique right, climbing on flats isn't bad, but I could never find the same efficiency I get with clipless.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Which weekend did we agree on for Canberra? Was is this weekend or next? I can do either, prefer Saturday, unless you guys really want to do Sunday.. Let's get this happening :)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
might be interested in DH ... however, I have an alternative trail to add to the mix ... uterus only shuttler though closer to me ... I dare say, it might be over my skill level ... well the lines I'd want to ride are prolly over my head ... read gnar garden(s) and natural gaps. Something to come out of retirement for ... or put you into retirement :help:

Mark
There is a beautiful descent (short but steeeep and picturesque ... nice colour and different textures in the back ground) that would be a real handful on an AM ... was thinking if I could rope you in ... it might be a good photo op maybe for an ad ... as well as many shits and giggles ... any chance of you having a midweek sometime in the near future ?? or an open weekend ?

edit ... I'm still up for the 30th ... although beardie shifted it another week out I thinks.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds good Al, can't do a mid weeker til about mid July though, is that alright? The Ciclon continues to surprise me, Del Rio race the other week was mostly DH, kept up with the 6 and 7 inch bikes no problem.. My fitness was less impressive though, haha

Oi beardie, which weekend suits you? I'm happy to move it out a week or two if you want..

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Thee is a very high chance I won't be going to Canbs fellas, so sorry.

On a more positive riding bicycle note, I rode Loftus yesterday by myself. Hooray.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Canberra

Ok rooster check for next Saturday 30th June, who is in for Canberra ?

In: Al, Me
Maybe: Tai, Dobbo
Out: Jase

Plan on getting a good amount of riding in.. pace will probably be more mild heart starter rather than heart attack, though the appearance of Tai might change that :)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
[video]http://extreme.com/mountainbike/1022335/crcnukeproof-mont-sainte-anne-2012-world-cup-track-helmet-cam[/video]

Hella .....

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Congrats Nigel :)

Not mtb, but had to post this up, trailer from an upcoming DVD on underground bike messenger racing, absolutely nuts..

[video=vimeo;43954522]https://vimeo.com/43954522#[/video]

ntj

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys. Louis is getting stronger every day, he's got a mean stomp on him and his size from day one means it won't be long till he can reach pedals.

Needing a ride pretty soon myself though.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Thanks guys. Louis is getting stronger every day, he's got a mean stomp on him and his size from day one means it won't be long till he can reach pedals.

Needing a ride pretty soon myself though.
Congrats man!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Mark

If we don't get enough for the road trip ... want to go somewhere closer ?? ... say rimbah, or Leura, or I hear there is an exploration opportunity North.

I have a demo bike that I want to get a good feel off.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mark

If we don't get enough for the road trip ... want to go somewhere closer ?? ... say rimbah, or Leura, or I hear there is an exploration opportunity North.

I have a demo bike that I want to get a good feel off.
Sorry just saw this Al, I'm up for wherever on Saturday, happy to go North, or into the mountains, let me know where you want to go..

ntj

Likes Dirt
Sorry just saw this Al, I'm up for wherever on Saturday, happy to go North, or into the mountains, let me know where you want to go..
I'm hankering for a trip to Awaba, which is in good condition at the moment. Can I convince you guys to go there Sat? Keen for Jase to come as the pace leader if you're still easing back into xc cos I will be too.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm hankering for a trip to Awaba, which is in good condition at the moment. Can I convince you guys to go there Sat? Keen for Jase to come as the pace leader if you're still easing back into xc cos I will be too.
Yeah ... Saturday is good ... Mark I can show you the other place after.
Yep and yep, haven't been to Awaba since that 10 hr race we did what, 2 years ago now ? Don't worry Nigel, I haven't done any proper XC for a long time, so pace will be pretty relaxed.