WTSFLC Ride Thread.

scblack

Leucocholic
Well guys, I got my job search process sorted and started a new job on Monday, out at Emu Plains - right at the bottom of Old Bathurst Rd, so I'll be doing some riding/searching around the Blue Mountains in coming time.

For my leaving gift at my old job, they came up with a GoPro Hero HD camera - cool huh!

Head cam mount is standard of course, but they also included a handlebar/seatpost mount. Maybe I'll try a chest mount. Is either style better than the other (I mean head cam or chest cam for DH)? Any preferences there? Or just try for myself and see?

Any other tips? So far all I have done really is turn it on and do a couple of self portrait photos and video.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Just wondering if there was any chance you blokes are open to new guys joining in on some of your DH rides :)

ive dabbled in DH before briefly and just sorted myself a reasonably solid second hand DH rig. Most of my mates are either too much of a bitch or too busy to go riding with so looking for new peeps to ride/shuttle with. I've done Ourimbah a few times and tend to prefer the flowwy/technical DH than freeride like Oxy..
Live local in the hills area and have my own car to get me n then bike to/from places, happy to pay petrol money for people who shuttle with their car.

So any chance of potentially hooking up with you guys on a ride??
Given everybody else has ignored you I'll chip in and say yep join in whenever something suits your fancy ... and organised thing is a little hard these days though

BOT ...
Lock in Sunday Morning

In: Me, Lucas ... maybe the tomato :) ... anybody else

if no go then I have a place we can visit.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Al, I could prob knock over a few hours Sun morning if it is earlier.

Tomato, keep your eyes on this thread, happy to have new starters.

Scblack, do not buy a chest mount, the vids are crap. If you want one to try first, you can borrow mine.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Given everybody else has ignored you I'll chip in and say yep join in whenever something suits your fancy ... and organised thing is a little hard these days though

BOT ...
Lock in Sunday Morning

In: Me, Lucas ... maybe the tomato :) ... anybody else

if no go then I have a place we can visit.
I'm keen for Sunday mornin mate, where are we riding?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert

Thats a nice pic dood ... don't see levitating filing cabinets everyday :)

BTW I can help with the quiver killer when time comes ... I be hooked up

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Thats a nice pic dood ... don't see levitating filing cabinets everyday :)

BTW I can help with the quiver killer when time comes ... I be hooked up
Why thank you Alan.:thumb:

If you ever need any pics done in a similar way for any of your steeds, let me know. I will stand ready with my i-telephone/wizard camera.

Which brands are we talking about for the hookup?

scblack

Leucocholic
Just wondering if there was any chance you blokes are open to new guys joining in on some of your DH rides :)

ive dabbled in DH before briefly and just sorted myself a reasonably solid second hand DH rig. Most of my mates are either too much of a bitch or too busy to go riding with so looking for new peeps to ride/shuttle with. I've done Ourimbah a few times and tend to prefer the flowwy/technical DH than freeride like Oxy..
Live local in the hills area and have my own car to get me n then bike to/from places, happy to pay petrol money for people who shuttle with their car.

So any chance of potentially hooking up with you guys on a ride??
Hi there FlyingTomato,

I live in the Hills district too. I ride DH in the Excelsior/Bidjigal trails a fair bit. I have not done too much DH the last six months or so but I got a GoPro recently, so that will get me going a bit. I know most tracks around Sydney/Ourimbah/Awaba. I also went to the dark side recently, and got a roadie which I ride a fair bit lately - hey I'm 42 so not a spring chicken DH whippet these days.

Give me a PM if you're looking for a local ride - or of course, just put it up here.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Lock in Sunday morning ... lets say 8am ?? Dobbo's ... I'll confirm with Lucas ... I'll also confirm another mate (beginner ish)

How long can you ride for Dobbo ... 12ish ?? no pressure and I can bring my trailer if you need to bail earlier

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone keen for a night ride tomorrow night (friday)? lookin in your direction Al?

Sounds good re. sunday Al, can you PM me an address to meet?

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
haaa haaaa ... but its not levitating so pfffft ... although I do just want it for the Redbull spono :love: wah wah
LOL, man its a convo starter! I get so many people looking at the expansion chamber on the Akra pipe, then there're like... "ummmm, is that a can of RedBull?" Hahaha.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lock in Sunday morning ... lets say 8am ?? Dobbo's ... I'll confirm with Lucas ... I'll also confirm another mate (beginner ish)

How long can you ride for Dobbo ... 12ish ?? no pressure and I can bring my trailer if you need to bail earlier

Al so far i have:

Where: Steeps
Time: 8am at Dobbo's
Who: Al, Lucas?, Another mate?, Ev, Reubs, Damo, Dobbo.
Out: Shagger

One more would be ideal for 2 shuttles.

I should be good to 11 or so.