Yeti SB-66

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
That's looking tight Norman! That guard really sets it off. I did an 11km AM style ride today and kept in my 33t the whole time and use the full range of my 11-36 cassette. Was very manageable even on the steepest climb. Thinking a 1x could be on the cards in the foreseeable future.

Tap tap taparoo

finksta

Likes Dirt
Nice, looks clean. Did you get much of a weight saving with the conversion?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ChopSticks

Banned
That's looking tight Norman! That guard really sets it off. I did an 11km AM style ride today and kept in my 33t the whole time and use the full range of my 11-36 cassette. Was very manageable even on the steepest climb. Thinking a 1x could be on the cards in the foreseeable future.

Tap tap taparoo
BANJO !
where did you manage to ride in this weather naughty boy :p
def def.....I reckon you should run what I run ! esp since you have that type 2 mech coming ! .....lose some weight in the process

Nice, looks clean. Did you get much of a weight saving with the conversion?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
thanks mate,
not as much as I had hoped...but it I did save 210grams from ditching the shifter/cable/mech/Big and Granny xtr chainrings ->installing XC guide + blue bolts

now sits at 13.31 kgs....but waiting for a few more goodies to arrive before I give it a final weigh in.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just my home trail in Berowra, it's a nice mix of single track and Firetrails, it was wet and gritty but still plenty of fun. The humidity was a bit rough though ;)

ChopSticks

Banned
Just my home trail in Berowra, it's a nice mix of single track and Firetrails, it was wet and gritty but still plenty of fun. The humidity was a bit rough though ;)
yehhhh, the humidity today was nasty ! reminds me of Singapore !
Shoulda bought that carbon pivot, its a porky little thing.. :flame::tape:

Looks great Norman, hopefully all this weather dries up soon and we can go for a pedal.
LOL Nat !
Well I'm not as good a rider as you are...so I have to make up some way or another...... but yehhhh I should've bought a Mach5.7, would've saved me $1k and a few hundred grams :p

Haven't ridden with you in......forever !
I'm very keen to give this a pedal and see if I can drop a chain and how the bike will feel with this new set up!
Will also need you to help me adjust the guide as I cant seem to get rid of the rubbing in the extreme gears (is that normal?)

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yours is a direct mount right? I don't know whether you can get the twisting adjustment with the DM. Mine rubs in 1st and 2nd, but not in the bottom gears. Every Chainguide I've owned has done that though. You can pop a little soft piece of velcro on the inside to quiet it up.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

ChopSticks

Banned
Yours is a direct mount right? I don't know whether you can get the twisting adjustment with the DM. Mine rubs in 1st and 2nd, but not in the bottom gears. Every Chainguide I've owned has done that though. You can pop a little soft piece of velcro on the inside to quiet it up.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Yehhh high direct mount, no twist adjustment possible, only vertical and a limit degree of rotation about the chainring
mine rubs in 1st and 10th.... Guess its normal to rub then?
Shame theres no room for Velcro as it rubs the guide right at the 12 o clock position of the chainring (not where it leaves the guide)

hard to explain but I'll get you to look at it next time we ride :D

ChopSticks

Banned
The KMC missing link was an absolute mission to get off! So I went and bought the proper tool for the job
Was also sick of using needle nose pliers to hold chainring bolts in place, so a nut wrench was required.

ChopSticks

Banned
Haha nice addition on the tubes.... Got your strong sidewall schwalbe tubeless yet?

Tap tap taparoo
Nahhhhh still waiting for the tyre!!!!!!!! But it should arrive early next week.
realised I only had one spare tube so I bought two more.

also got confirmation my purple chainring has finally been despatched after 3 long weeks!! :D

So im just waiting now on the ESI grips, tyre and chainring to arrive

markb84

Likes Dirt
GARHHHHH
tell me it was really expensive ! so I dont get the urge to drive there and buy it !

do you know what size it was?
It was in the bargain bin so would be pretty cheap I imagine. Not sure what size but it looked standard so probably around 32/34/36

Status
Not open for further replies.