You know you're a cyclist when...

wazzaa

Likes Bikes
when you work in the mines and cant stop thinking about the amazing trails you could cut with all the dirt and heavy equipment around...

houli77

Likes Dirt
when you've scored a wicked short term work contract earning you anywhere up $1000 a day....

and you still take days off to ride... :rolleyes:

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
when some random MTB dude in sydney is having a convo with your sister about how he knows you some how... when you live hours up the coast

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
Telling the fellas at work the other day if i had 5 grand in my hand i wouldnt hesitate in buying a dh bike. The bike in question is awesome value- not that they agreed, got met with the usual my car didnt cost that much, buy a mx bike

How quick i defend cyclists against the wrath of drivers who complain about us

Lorday

Eats Squid
How quick i defend cyclists against the wrath of drivers who complain about us
Bit a lady at works head off when she said something about getting close to cyclist as she passes them in her car. I literally lectured her for 15 minutes. Fuck I get fired up over that shit

when offered a lift home you insist that you ride your bike, only to find you have a puncture. you then accept the lift, but only if they'll let you hang out the window and hold your bike.

konastuff_08

Likes Bikes
when you have nightmares about your bike getting destroyed and checking that it's still there in the middle of the night.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
instead of using the downtime and internet access you have at work to organise moving apartment later in the week and buying new furniture, you decide it's a perfectly reasonable time to order a new rear shock.

You really know you're a cyclist (or perhaps just bored) when, not content with having a new shock for 1 of your 5 bikes waiting for you at home, you also decide to buy a secondhand DJ-er through the trading section as well!

CGR

Likes Dirt
you mum makes a quip about buying your own shed for all the bikes you have and your response is genuine bewilderment as you point out one lives in your room anyway

you really don't know where to start when someone asks anything even remotely bike related

you can't remember what its like not to have callus's on your hands

Farkin is your homepage, and has been for at least the last 4 years

Jake K

Likes Dirt
When your sitting at school reading this thread and the rest of rotorburn while your supposed to be studying for your maths exam which is in 45mins.
And also the fact that the only money you have spent over the past 2 years is at your bikeshop.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When someone talks about something in ft such as the wood was 25ft long. You instantly start thinking of all the hucks you have done and how big they are compared with that object......