You know you're a cyclist when...

gazzaed

Likes Dirt
When you have just finished the 100km Angry Doctor and on the drive home, the first hill you come to you push your right thumb mid air as if to shift to an easier gear. Couldn't believe it actually happened

cluster

Likes Dirt
* When your family has 15 bikes, and only 3 people in your family ride. :eek:

* When you have a massive stack and instantly check your bike for broken parts and scratches - before realising your arm is gushing out blood...

* When you go to the garage, and have to move the Cannondale... to get to the other Cannondale... to get to the Faith... to get to the Demo... to get to the other Demo... to get to the Cervelo... so you can get to the car. :eek:

*When you are proud of dints and flat spots in your wheels

*When you haven't got a single scar that isn't related to bikes

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
When your bike workshop has a bed in it.
Oh yeah! I'm hearing ya!

When you have just finished the 100km Angry Doctor and on the drive home, the first hill you come to you push your right thumb mid air as if to shift to an easier gear. Couldn't believe it actually happened
Thats a good call! I bet you felt great after you nailed the climb though.;)

I often get the shits when doing the shopping as the stupid trolley doesn't allow me to lean into the corners unless I really let it have it, kind of like riding my old Dabomb.............

Shredden

Knows his goats
When you are doing a pre-test in maths and one of the questions says somewhere "A bike wheel has 30 spokes" and you feel the need to point out that it is more likely to have 32 or 36.

Reece.

Likes Dirt
I often get the shits when doing the shopping as the stupid trolley doesn't allow me to lean into the corners unless I really let it have it, kind of like riding my old Dabomb.............
To add to this,
when you get annoyed that the shopping bars arent wide enough and you feel that you arent getting max performance...

jwd

Likes Bikes
You know you're a cyclist

You know the names of several small towns in rural British Columbia.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
You're looking forward to July, and spending half the night watching people ride around the french countryside, while listening to Phil Liggett, and you still tell yourself you have no interest in road cycling.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
When the number 31.8 just happens to come up as an answer or something in maths and you instantly think "HANDLEBARS!!!"
You know you're a mountain biker when:

The only way you can convert between metric and imperial measurments is by refering to common fork travels.

"200mm equals 8inches "
"Marzocchi 888! "

LQQK

Likes Bikes
When you keep old shoe boxes to store bike parts in because they fit under the bed.
When your 4 year old shares a room with 3 bikes, a tool box and has shoe boxes under his bed.

Amber

Likes Bikes
Whistler with snow seems novel.....
All holidays/weekends/waking moments include bikes in someway.....

mtb_punk

Likes Bikes
when you drive along the road imagining you are a giant and have a huge bike to use those mountains as doubles....

when buying bike bits doesn't count as spending money when you are trying to save.....

When you have calluses that puts everyone elses to shame :p
I hear you! my wife keeps complaining about them, aren't they normal? doesn't everyone have them? ;)

+1.

My moment of realisation was when I saw the tan lines appearing. White hands and brown forearms isn't the best look :rolleyes:
When you have to try and ride without gloves sometimes to try and avoid this look....