You know you're getting old when ...

mb63

Likes Bikes
Telling your kids how McDonalds used to come in foam boxes that you were certain they'd reuse so you'd have to stick your finger through them to stop them doing it, and getting the look for your stupid story.

I remember and that's all that matters.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Gimme 'star blazers' any day.
http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm...b=wi&q=star blazers&sa=N&biw=320&bih=356#i=34

The first time they shot that shit out of the front of the hole in the front of the ship, I think I got my first stiffy.:dance::dance:
i know its an old post...but this made me laugh.....
i know what you mean. that blew my mind as a kid too, its a ship that can fly through space, with a fuckin big ass laser cannon in the middle of it!... loved that show :D

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
Star Blazers - I don't recall that show at all.

Battle of the Planets was my all-time favourite cartoon.

Sappa

Likes Dirt
Star Blazers - I don't recall that show at all.

Battle of the Planets was my all-time favourite cartoon.
I used to play that with my brother and sister when we where little. I seem to recall ice-cream tubs used as helmets as well...

My favourite was Astro Boy. Then Voltron, the one with the cars, I didn't get into the lions, was getting a bit old by then.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
You know your old when you can't remember your password so you have to use your sons log on.

And when I bought home my EK Holden the biggest highlight for my kids, who are aged over 10, was the way you had to wind the windows down with a lever.

wavike

Likes Dirt
You know your old when you can't remember your password so you have to use your sons log on.

And when I bought home my EK Holden the biggest highlight for my kids, who are aged over 10, was the way you had to wind the windows down with a lever.
If you brought it home new that will make you around 80+ yo, Yes you are getting old.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slowly getting used to having to pay for sauces, remember being shocked when first asked for 5 cents fr them, but felt really old when I had to pay for the paper bag to put my kids lunch order in.

jett_e

Likes Bikes
Whilst in the midst of a stack you scream out "Ouchies" instead of "F#!k" just in case there are kids lurking around.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
when riding your bike 3k's to work towing the trailer, being on the shovel all day and riding home turns you into a blithering mess.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
when riding your bike 3k's to work towing the trailer, being on the shovel all day and riding home turns you into a blithering mess.
Ha! That's not Old...that's just an excuse. Sadly though, it works for me too :baby: though strangely the missus just says I should try harder.

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
When you can remember the joy of sitting in the back, you know, way down the back, of your folks Valiant/Holden/Ford station wagon with 6 - 8 of your mates and crushing each other against the sides as your dad takes the corners just that little bit quicker to impress the other dads up front on the way to Saturday afternoon religious services at VFL park.
Ah, them were the days.

Cheers.
MH

I remember the best bmx in the school bike rack had chrome coil springs welded in where seat stays would normally be and a pivot bolt rear triangle. It rode like a 30kg pogo stick with wheels as we all had a crack at going as high as we could off a ply ramp.

I remember having a mongoose bmx with tuffs. Which everyone knew that you could straighten if they ever bent by putting em in the freezer overnight.

I remember how awesome and advanced and modern looking the new bright green Ford Falcon XD was whizzing around the track at Bathurst amongst the red and white malboro sponsored vb commodores. Gold spoked 3 ppc 13 inch Simmons wheels with 265 tyres were the bling everyone just had to have and hotted up cars had tail end jacked up and had slapper bars. Not lowered.

LJG

Likes Bikes
How many of you have distant memories of the first car you can remember your dad owning - and it had running boards!!

dunndog

Eats Squid
When you remember making mix tapes
I used to sit in my room and listen to Richard Wilkins hosting top40 Australia with the tape on rec/pause, so when a good song came on I could let pause off as quick as lightning and record such hits as Venus by bananarama, funky town by pseudo echo, Ghostbusters and more.