Is an alien from 2007
rode with a couple of mates on sunday and i had to explain:
-forward geometry
-shadow rd+ clutch derailleurs
-tubeless
-plus size tyres
-cush core
-"going coil"

mostly blank stares and some laughter. felt like the one senior exec at golf who still tries to date twentysomethings trying to explain tinder and snapchat. glad AF i don't have to "keep on top of current products" in cycling professionally anymore. MTB is whack.

moorey

call me Mia
-forward geometry. 130mm stem and 72 deg HA
-shadow rd+ clutch derailleurs. Sturmey Archer
-tubeless. Tubular.
-plus size tyres. 2.1” and above.
-cush core. Pass
-"going coil". Surely ‘going air’ is more foreign to them?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
-shadow rd+ clutch derailleurs. Sturmey Archer
-tubeless. Tubular.
-plus size tyres. 2.1” and above.
-cush core. Pass
-plus size tyres- 1.9” and above;
-cush core- tannus Tires

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
rode with a couple of mates on sunday and i had to explain:
-forward geometry
-shadow rd+ clutch derailleurs
-tubeless
-plus size tyres
-cush core
-"going coil"

mostly blank stares and some laughter. felt like the one senior exec at golf who still tries to date twentysomethings trying to explain tinder and snapchat. glad AF i don't have to "keep on top of current products" in cycling professionally anymore. MTB is whack.
I'm pretty ignorant to all this new stuff, but the only one on your list I don't get is shadow rd. Is it related to clutches in derailleurs?

_______

Is an alien from 2007
-cush core. Pass
old mate reacts to cush core "so... it goes between the tyre and rim to absorb harsh hits... a lot like... a tube?"

-going air -> back here in 2007 going air is all the rage bro! coils are for diamondbacks and apollos!

the Fisher only had that while it was on the Quadra 21R, these days it's got 80-100mm forks so more like 71 deg; slack as

moorey

call me Mia
old mate reacts to cush core "so... it goes between the tyre and rim to absorb harsh hits... a lot like... a tube?"

-going air -> back here in 2007 going air is all the rage bro! coils are for diamondbacks and apollos!

the Fisher only had that while it was on the Quadra 21R, these days it's got 80-100mm forks so more like 71 deg; slack as
I had the Quadra 21r’s. Shudder....

Like a tube, but opposite. One flats when you look at it, other stops it :p

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I had the Quadra 21r’s. Shudder....

Like a tube, but opposite. One flats when you look at it, other stops it :p
Phwoar, you had the adjustable preload and clearly too much $$$ in your pocket that day.

I had the Quadra 5 that cost me a bunch. They resembled a silver Mag21 but should didn't perform like it.

The beat thing you could try do with elastomers is to replace them with MCUs.

_______

Is an alien from 2007
The beat thing you could try do with elastomers is to replace them with MCUs.
21R was MCU stack from factory. they made a nice sloppy couscous when they disintegrated with age (like, within months) that was fun to try and shake/wipe out of the fork. Judy coil spring hybrid stack was my solution. plastic preload knob nearly took my eye out when it failed though...

er... i mean... "precision engineered hystereisis at 3 mix-and-matchable levels, with 6 units per stack for huge tuneability!!!!", "each MCU bumper weights 3/5 of fuckall!!!", "like lego and rubber bands but in your fork, way cool!!!"

very supportive in the mid stroke tho...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
er... i mean... "precision engineered hystereisis at 3 mix-and-matchable levels, with 6 units per stack for huge tuneability!!!!", "each MCU bumper weights 3/5 of fuckall!!!", "like lego and rubber bands but in your fork, way cool!!!"

very supportive in the mid stroke tho...
Manitou did well in the MCU/Elastomer/spring shish kebab IMHO. I did like my M4's and more so after replacing the elastromers with MCUs and springs. They did well for what they were but I guess the problem was the elastomers were only linear in the first 30% or so of the stroke. You would a long line of elastomers to get any decent amount of travel.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
RST Hi-5 Triple Clamps were pretty good, we played around elastometers and MCU from other brands to try and make something that they were not!
extreem fork tuning 90's style!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The Mozo Pros were also a nice one RST did.

Having time o. the early suspension forks makes me really easy to please when trying more modern forks.