You know you're getting old when ...

mb63

Likes Bikes
Teachers having a cigarette whilst getting into guys for smoking in the toilets and.........................the cane, or a duster flung at you for talking during Mr.McPhee's incredibly exciting geography lessons, god that man was a dullard and as for his wife and her "art" classes..and they say this generation is mindlessly violent, go to any public school in the 70's or 80's theres the definition of mindless violence, all packaged in the veneer of education.

oh, that and incessant rambling over an inane subject, ALWAYS a good sign of age approaching

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Why thankyou. I do my best...

Ahh Pigsy - trusted friend

^^^This and Fraggle Rock - awesome show that even my two year younger wife doesnt remember...
hot damn Fraggle Rock ! I loved that show. I know Dinosaurs was quite a bit later, but the themes of these two shows go a long way to explaining my hippie pinko tendencies....

BigTrav

Cannon Fodder
This is my first post on the forum, and it only just hit me that i am on my way to getting old because i am looking through the "vet's" thread and seeing that in less than 6 months i will qualify as a "vet". That's a bit scary to me

mb63

Likes Bikes
This is my first post on the forum, and it only just hit me that i am on my way to getting old because i am looking through the "vet's" thread and seeing that in less than 6 months i will qualify as a "vet". That's a bit scary to me
Don't be scared Trav, I was when I was your age, now..........to old for fear, more concerned with preservation, 3-weeks till 45+5, theres an age to worry about but hey, senility will probably cut in soon and I'll be young again.

All you've really scored is a reason to despise lycra, keep riding, skin still grows back.

Last edited:

EXSSVE

Likes Dirt
You watch the ABC doco 'Grumpy old men' and realise "my god, I agree with EVERYTHING these old buggers are saying".

Sent from my Galaxy Note2 using Tapatalk 4 beta.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Haha! Was singing the theme song for HR PUFFnSTUFF today.. Man what a brand of acid that shit was!
You clearly haven't seen "Into the Night Garden"...anything dished up for children by acid washed American hippies in the 70's (Sigmund and the Sea-Monsters anyone?) has nothing on this modern British mind fuck for the under fives.

Catweazle clearly ate H.R.Puffnstuff and Sigmund and their ilk for breakfast...but The Goodies (and the 6am Saturday re-runs of Thunderbirds) ruled in our house.

mb63

Likes Bikes
You clearly haven't seen "Into the Night Garden"...anything dished up for children by acid washed American hippies in the 70's (Sigmund and the Sea-Monsters anyone?) has nothing on this modern British mind fuck for the under fives.

Catweazle clearly ate H.R.Puffnstuff and Sigmund and their ilk for breakfast...but The Goodies (and the 6am Saturday re-runs of Thunderbirds) ruled in our house.
and then there was Wurzel Gummidge who made Catweazel seem sane.

Ozkaban

Likes Dirt
+1
(and the 6am Saturday re-runs of Thunderbirds) ruled in our house.
Have you watched the octonauts? Thunderbirds done in cgi and underwater...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
You know you're getting old when....... you spend your Internet time discussing the programming on ABC 4 Kids :third:

Anybody else want to strangle Jimmy Giggle with Hoot's limp carcass?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

EXSSVE

Likes Dirt
You know you're old when...

You grew up with quality kid's programming... Miss ya Shirl.

[video=youtube_share;DOksqT_OsAE]http://youtu.be/DOksqT_OsAE[/video]

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
I've just sat thru 4yrs of that show.... Then my oldest goes "it's boring, the same things happen everyday"..... AAAAHHHHHHHH, I was trying to tell you that on day 2......

What about 'Hilltop Hospital'... It's seriously 'Days of Our Lives' with Taronga Zoo as the cast... Doesn't anyone check this shit before they air it?? :):)

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
you know you're getting old when....

- The first time you gave up riding when you were a teenager, MTB hadn't been invented yet
- you were one of the best freeriders around just cause you could manual and bunny hop
- when you got your driver's license, it was a folded piece of paper
- you know what a typewriter is and used to use one

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You know you're getting old when you find bruises and don't remember hitting / bumping into anything that hard to have caused one (and it's not due to drunkenness either lol). Sad but true.

Ghost Busters was on TV recently, you know you're getting old when you remember watching it when you were a teen and you're now showing it to your 10 and 8yr old kids.

I think the next generation will know they're old when they don't remember having to shift gears and change shock settings on a mtb mechanically (it will all be electronic in the future hey!).

Last edited:

dowey42

Likes Dirt
You do your calf on the way the start line of fun run (mothers day classic a few weeks ago, please don't judge:mmph:)

Then thinking your not that old and 'it will run out!'

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
you know you're getting old when....

- The first time you gave up riding when you were a teenager, MTB hadn't been invented yet
- you were one of the best freeriders around just cause you could manual and bunny hop
- when you got your driver's license, it was a folded piece of paper
- you know what a typewriter is and used to use one
Check. Check. Check. Check. :mmph: