You know you're getting old when ...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
jeebus that's sad. i've divorced a man for less and thankfully found one who is a lover not a gamer!
Actual Lego bricks! Its not a game, its our calling, the squirt and I. To create, to build, to better the world one brightly, injection moulded piece of plastic at a time. I just keep building when he goes to bed. Plus it shits her when she steps on a piece embeded in the carpet. Win, win really.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
there's a difference?

also I don't understand how any girl can find a guy wearing girls jeans attractive, that one really baffles me
Goth used to be a total immersion lifestyle back in the early 80's before it became a marketable trend. It was much more Borgias and poisoner's herb gardens rather than Docs, bad eyeliner and band t-shirts.

As for the girls jeans brigade, at least you could assume that between the suffocated 'nads and the time he'd spend on his hair and makeup, there'd be less chance he'd breed.

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Is that the period of Goth in the late 80's early 90's where blokes used to go to clubs in wedding dresses to listen to industrial music?

scblack

Leucocholic
Actual Lego bricks! Its not a game, its our calling, the squirt and I. To create, to build, to better the world one brightly, injection moulded piece of plastic at a time. I just keep building when he goes to bed. Plus it shits her when she steps on a piece embeded in the carpet. Win, win really.
You've inspired me! I'm getting the Lego out with my youngest tonight.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
You've inspired me! I'm getting the Lego out with my youngest tonight.
The hardest thing is not to push them away and take over totally when you get in the zone. Oh, that and not crying when they smash your beautiful construction. :thumb:

moorey

call me Mia
When you count the days before your kids are better than you at the last couple of things you can still beat them at....
My 7yo learned to play chess yesterday at school, and taught me after school. Little shit was kicking my arse, but then somehow left his king or some shit open to a fatal attack from my queen or shit, and I beat him. That's the last time I play him though, I'm bowing out with a perfect record :first:

John U

MTB Precision
The hardest thing is not to push them away and take over totally when you get in the zone. Oh, that and not crying when they smash your beautiful construction. :thumb:
That's the challenge. I do speed building with my kids. Build it up before they have time to think about knocking it down.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
cheeky bugger. ok, you win :yield:

Is that the period of Goth in the late 80's early 90's where blokes used to go to clubs in wedding dresses to listen to industrial music?

i thought that was only in Europe...i was into Goth in the early 80's. got too mainstream for me, i hate people trying to put me in a box and expecting me to wear a counterculture "uniform"

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
When you count the days before your kids are better than you at the last couple of things you can still beat them at....
My 7yo learned to play chess yesterday at school, and taught me after school. Little shit was kicking my arse, but then somehow left his king or some shit open to a fatal attack from my queen or shit, and I beat him. That's the last time I play him though, I'm bowing out with a perfect record :first:
The 6yo has been thumping his mother at chess for a year now, precocious little shit. You know it's time to retire when you get triple jumped in checkers twice in a row buy your kid. The other thing he is overtaking me in is being a smug little jerk when he wins something against us, time to lift my game.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
Used to be a gym junkie in younger days and stopped pushing weights hard core about 1995 then started changing training to more aerobic stuff and by 1998 was back riding full on after a long break. So have done some light training over the years in the gym but nothing other than stuff at home for the last few years other than regular push-ups and crunches.

Went back to gym this week to compliment my riding, ha ha, could only bench max 100lbs first time back for 15 reps, back in '95 I was benching 280 for 10 reps. 20kg smaller now but much much fitter.

Yep getting old, but better like a good red wine I reckon :wink:

After my last set I was sitting on the end of the bench laughing as I looked around and saw I was the oldest bloke there.

And........loving it!

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You look nostalgically at the encyclopedia britannica collection you inherited

Totally relate to the gym issues above. For 2 years, 20 years ago, I was right into lifting. Now I can throw my back out just looking at the weights I was doing at the time

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
You know you're old when having an older Swedish lady is no longer the fun it used to be so you swap her for a younger Asian wife who then lies to her parents about your age.

You remember when getting sunbunt was funny.

Cool sharks, funny feet, McDonalds colouring in calenders, KB, C'mon Aussie, c'mon' Rex Mossop, Brian Henderson, marbles, elastics, handball squares in chalk, ordering your lunch at school,, No Frills, Rollers desert boots, coloured bicycles tyres, Christmas pantomimes, blowing up letter boxes, Dato 1600s as the family car, Rank Arena TVs, TV stations would shut town for the evening, people going outside at midnight on new years eve to bang pots and pans, John Lennon dying, Kampuchea, Vietnamese boat people......, I could go on.