You Yangs MTB Park

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, pretty flat.
As atomik09 said the best way to get in and out of the youies will be to ride up toynes rd and turn left, then just follow the great circle drive up to stockyards.
Are you still going out on Monday?
Yep going out monday.
Ok might do this great circle drive way, so at the gate, turn left? i assume i go through the gate, turn left, then how far do i go? and how will i know when im at stockyards? is this at the top of the DH tracks? instead of being at the bottom like drysdale?

Thanks for help:)

.Luke.

Likes Dirt
Yep going out monday.
Ok might do this great circle drive way, so at the gate, turn left? i assume i go through the gate, turn left, then how far do i go? and how will i know when im at stockyards? is this at the top of the DH tracks? instead of being at the bottom like drysdale?

Thanks for help:)
Hang on i ment to say right at the gate. you will push up until you come to a fork in the road, go left up the hill that will take you to the top car park and the top of the dh tracks.
I might be able to ride out with you if you like but im not sure if i'll have my bike together.

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hang on i ment to say right at the gate. you will push up until you come to a fork in the road, go left up the hill that will take you to the top car park and the top of the dh tracks.
I might be able to ride out with you if you like but im not sure if i'll have my bike together.
Sweet, so right at the gate, how much of a walk to a fork in the road? is it hard to miss? this way sounds a fair bit quicker to:D
Whats worng with you bike? i could help fix it if its
nothing to big, would you DH aswell?

Anyone else out there this monday?!?

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Ok, im catching a train to the youies, roughly how far is the ride from the station? and is it fair easy?
It's about a 30 min ride from LT River station. Head towards the You Yangs turn right onto Little River Ripley road, then look out for Drysdales road on your left, which will take you to Stockyards lower carpark

There is fast moving traffic on that road, so take care.

trav

Likes Dirt
Anyone else gunne be out there?

Also, is it hard to ride the youies without a front brake? doing DH?
If you have no front brake,stay home.You will be just skidding every thing up and making mess that I will have to clean up.

I'll be out there all day doing some work tomorrow,if I see you skidding you will know about it.

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have no front brake,stay home.You will be just skidding every thing up and making mess that I will have to clean up.

I'll be out there all day doing some work tomorrow,if I see you skidding you will know about it.
Exactly what i was thinking, don't worry fixed the brake. The idea braking anyway is to not lock up the tyres up.
ANyway will you have a bike? need a hand with any work?

visiting from sydney, want a riding buddy

Hey you yangs riders,

i'll be visiting from sydney for a few days andi want to go for a ride during the week of the 18th of Jan. Does anybody have week days off and want to come with me and show me the trails?
also, which bike should I bring, blur LT or DH configured transition syren - ie I love DH but is the push up a complete bastard...should i ride the XC trails instead.

thanks!

gen

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The pushup isn't great, but it's pretty short. If the weather is going to be over 30 i'd give the Youies a miss unless you're a sucker for punishment.

You could probably ride a syren up the fireroad anyway if you're fit.

I'd come out and show you around, but i'm back at work now so can only do weekends. I'm sure you'll have plenty of volunteers to show you round though.

Autumn_Leaves

Likes Dirt
Hey you yangs riders,

i'll be visiting from sydney for a few days andi want to go for a ride during the week of the 18th of Jan. Does anybody have week days off and want to come with me and show me the trails?
also, which bike should I bring, blur LT or DH configured transition syren - ie I love DH but is the push up a complete bastard...should i ride the XC trails instead.

thanks!

gen
Im off so have the time, the onlty catch is i'm DH only. but feel free to pm me. plus have other options if youd like. I can also hook you up with xc riders if thats more your thing. scotty.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Just wondering, is it true that track 10 has been closed because there are some tiger snakes that have been hanging around and giving people trouble? This is only what I've heard from some mates that went there on the weekend but hopefully it's resolved soon, dieing to ride the new 10....

Just wondering, is it true that track 10 has been closed because there are some tiger snakes that have been hanging around and giving people trouble? This is only what I've heard from some mates that went there on the weekend but hopefully it's resolved soon, dieing to ride the new 10....
I went there today and there were park rangers warning people about snakes hanging around that area, they said they had to close 10 yesterday or something like that but all is well today! :)

dunndog

Eats Squid
Anyone up tomorrow morn? i'll be up on my new 09 dh0, going very easy as it's first ride back with/after broken shoulder blade..