Zerode DH Bike 2011

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the main problem with carbon is that it doesn't last long. Like the technology and stuff these days makes carbon a more stronger material than metal or alloys..... it may be strong but it's brittle, meaning it doesn't bend it cracks into two parts. After 10 years the carbon fibre gets old and has a high chance of just snapping.... :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
who holds on to a dh bike for 10yrs these days?

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
carbon dh bike = bike you throw after a big stack ?
It's been said on Rotorburn before, but it bears repeating. The knowledge and skill to repair carbon fibre has been in the yachting industry for ages; they don't throw a hull away after just one collision.
Some frame repair houses are doing it too.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
I want to see a pic of it with the suspension fully compressed. It looks like the chainstay is going to get about a foot longer when compressed.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I'd trade the m9 on one of those. I like kiwi made shit...well not their women but thats another story

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
I gotta say, I'm very interested in riding one and checking out weights and durability on these puppies. Could be the replacement for the V10.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
First Zerode arived in Oz today. Looks excellent, can't wait to build it over the next couple of days if it doesn't sell first. So keen to try it out. Very tidy.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rod will you be down Thredders this weekend?
Im down for a wedding (no riding unfortunately) but i might pop round if you have this built up?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Rod will you be down Thredders this weekend?
Im down for a wedding (no riding unfortunately) but i might pop round if you have this built up?
Yeah, I'll be there. I'll take it in, but may not have too much spare time to discuss it if I'm getting slammed spannering for interschoolies.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
18kg is a good weight.. but you also need to look at the spec.
That spec on say an Orange 224 (yes probably the lighter end of the scale frame), id say would be around the 15.5kg mark.

Flow rims are a super lightweight rim that most riders wouldn't want to use as an everyday dh rim. Same goes for air shock.

Id say a regular build with spring shock, 721 rims, Boxxer Teams etc would easily be over the 19kg+ mark.

Im more interested due to the suspension design and lack of weight around the rear wheel etc. Also the lack of chain slap would be a bonus too. Would be a nice quiet ride.