Zerode DH Bike 2011

scotty thommo

Likes Dirt
They look amazing <3
Like the way the top tube is straight in line with the top of the rear triangle

The only thing I don't how the bottom tube on the frame is a small round tube but in a sence that is good as it is different

Also what is the deal with gear boxes???
What is the benefit over a derailer???

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
What is the benefit over a derailer???
Shift gears without pedaling.
Shift mutiple gears at once, without grinding through.
Less unsprung weight for more responsive, tunable suspension, probably not noticable, LOL, but would assist traction, and feel.
Lighter more chuckable rear end.
Centralized weight, so bike will pivot around it. Makes the bike feel lighter than it is when riding.
Less wear on chain.
No perishable deraileur, or casset.
Longer span between service intervals.
More reliable.
Shifitng not affected as easily by crashing, or bad transport care.
Reliability.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures ...

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, we want Pictures, Pictures, Pictures ...
go back to the first page :confused:

Cromo

Squid
18kg is a good weight.. but you also need to look at the spec.
That spec on say an Orange 224 (yes probably the lighter end of the scale frame), id say would be around the 15.5kg mark.

Flow rims are a super lightweight rim that most riders wouldn't want to use as an everyday dh rim. Same goes for air shock.

Id say a regular build with spring shock, 721 rims, Boxxer Teams etc would easily be over the 19kg+ mark.

Im more interested due to the suspension design and lack of weight around the rear wheel etc. Also the lack of chain slap would be a bonus too. Would be a nice quiet ride.
I am in the middle of building my Zerode and it looks like it will be 19+kg. (all the running gear from 2009 Session 88). There will be some scope to trim the weight but I am not too worried - as you say I am more interested in the ride quality.

Been waiting on parts for two weeks which have disappeared in the mail - so frustrating........:mad:

norbar

Squid
Is there a frame weight anywhere? 18kg with that build is really heavy. I know Id have to build it a big burlier and Id end up with a ~19kg build when my current bike gets close to 16kg. Is zerode really that heavy? I thought it was lighter than nicolai.

oldstinky75

Likes Dirt
This bike looks the absolute business. Definately want one. Just have to wait a few years and see whats floatin around ebay!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
The frames are overbuilt to be strong, the gearbox(main)weight is centralized so the bikes will feel lighter than they are.

Last edited:

sprocket

Likes Dirt
ok sooooooo.. looks like it's between the zerode or the devinci wilson.... hmmmmmm...

anyone want to buy a 2stage?? lol

Last edited: