The Fixie Thread

castillo

Likes Dirt
I've seen uglier, more unsafe bikes posted by members in this thread. Its ugly, but with a few changes could still be good.

ebuk

Likes Dirt
Saw this on Masi Bikes website - Fixies have hit CSI. Time to sell the bikes children.

http://www.masibikes.com/default.ph...logspot.com/2009/04/masi-on-csi-new-york.html

Last night, episode 20 of CSI: New York- Prey- aired. One of the cases in the episode revolves around the bike polo team, the Brooklyn Bruisers. Two Masi bikes are used in the scene at the actual bike polo match- a Metallic Yellow Speciale Fixed and a Root Beer Speciale CX. It's pretty darned cool.

And more details here...
http://www.bikepolo.ca/forum/in-the-media/2009/02/10/csi-la-bike-polo

skivi

Likes Dirt
anyone ride the Melburg Roobaix today?

i had work and couldn't source a bike other then my old man's carbon roadie.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone ride the Melburg Roobaix today?

i had work and couldn't source a bike other then my old man's carbon roadie.
Yeah, good time was had by most. Bent my fork, bent it back then I found a crack in my fork at the last checkpoint & rode very gingerly after that.

Roobaix 1 My fork 0

Lorday

Eats Squid
What's with fixie and attracting 'close calls' with cars constantly?
It's been less than a week since I've had mine and I can within millimetres of being cleaned up head on with a car today. I've had my fair share of incidents with cars but this :eek:
Riding up my street, in the gutter cause my house was one door up from current location, a women from up the street, nice lady, friendly conversation from time to time, raceing line around, coming wide, wider, wider *oh shit i'm in the gutter* wider, her wheels in the gutter (those curved gutter not square edged ones), straight, *ride onto grass*...

...car passes missing me by less than a centremetre *slomo in my eyes*. My heart is fucking pumping crazy hard now. Pull up in my driveway. Screech, said women backs up and apoligies realising what nearly just happen (she was more shaken up then me), said she was on the phone.
Some people are just stupid, I have no idea how you can be this stupid :confused: /rant

Lorday

Eats Squid
Yeah I do 90% of my riding on roads, and 50% during peak traffic hours. I have had a few 'close calls' with cards. Was just taking a sacasist stab at the amount of guys on fixies, having accidents cause of no emergency brake.

In retrospect it didn't come across like that and was kind of stupid.

addmin

Likes Dirt
Yeah I do 90% of my riding on roads, and 50% during peak traffic hours. I have had a few 'close calls' with cards. Was just taking a sacasist stab at the amount of guys on fixies, having accidents cause of no emergency brake.

In retrospect it didn't come across like that and was kind of stupid.
wait how many hand operated brakes do you have again?

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
I am interested in pooling some resources together and buying myself a fixie. they look like awesome.

so question, How much will I be spending on a cheapish one and are there any completes or am I going to have to biuld it from ground up.