a few pics from today

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I am sure all the shocked burners have never been backpacking and ridden a motorbike in a third world country helmetless, or done a burnout when on their P's back in the 80s etc etc.
This isn't the first thread on here where someone has been told to wear a helmet, I can't think of another where the OP thought we were cunts because of it. Hence the reaction.

Nothing wrong with doing stupid shit, but the OP isn't exactly 14... I've done a lot of stupid shit on motorbikes when I was young, but I wasn't dumb enough to do it helmet less.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I haven't worked in a neuro ward but have been to a few arrests in one when I was a CCU nurse. Slightly irresponsible for riding a dirt jump sans helmet, yep, end of the world call the press and child protection, nah.
The jumps are dirt, not a rocky down hill track. The worst thing you can do with your head is hit something that is very hard. I think you'd be at more risk going out drinking in an urban environment with concrete and steel everywhere than mucking round on your new bike in front of your toddler.
I am sure all the shocked burners have never been backpacking and ridden a motorbike in a third world country helmetless, or done a burnout when on their P's back in the 80s etc etc.
Dirt will stop you head moving pretty quick still. Quicker than a helmet. Your brain however wants to keep moving.
The points people are trying to make are
Not how to run your life, but respect the tracks people have done hard work on, by not adding risk of injury and therefore possible track closure by WEARING A HELMET. It's just paying your dudes and showing respect.
Second point is you're teaching others that may be less skilled than you that it's okay. One of them being your own child.
You should be old enough to know better. You're child needs you around when she's older, not so she can blend your food, but so you can guide and protect her.
I'm a skinny little dude, but would have no gripes telling you to pull your head in if riding on a track I'd spent hours working on. Likewise I'd not encourage either of us to take blows to the head for the same reasons I just mentioned, but I'd still stand my ground and voice my concerns. You'd have to be a bit of a dick if you kept riding helmetless, after I asked you if you enjoyed the jumps or berms I'd built then keep riding after I explained your risking my hard work by riding helmetless.
Burners advice is simple, don't risk others tracks and reassess your parenting. Being tough and teaching your kids that is one thing, stupidly risking injury for no gain is retarded. Teaching it to your gromie, more so.
Cool shots if she really took them. Might be time to get her a camera.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I haven't worked in a neuro ward but have been to a few arrests in one when I was a CCU nurse. Slightly irresponsible for riding a dirt jump sans helmet, yep, end of the world call the press and child protection, nah.
The jumps are dirt, not a rocky down hill track. The worst thing you can do with your head is hit something that is very hard. I think you'd be at more risk going out drinking in an urban environment with concrete and steel everywhere than mucking round on your new bike in front of your toddler.
Is this real life? Surely you guys are related?

danncam

Likes Dirt
Is this real life?
Just pointing out the response to the OP's pics seems a tad OTT.

I am obviously not getting any work done if I'm taking part in this thread, but I could feel the big kids ganging up so thought I'd give the underdog a little support.

The OP has clearly said he is looking for a DH lid.

moorey

call me Mia
This isn't the first thread on here where someone has been told to wear a helmet, I can't think of another where the OP thought we were cunts because of it. Hence the reaction.

Nothing wrong with doing stupid shit, but the OP isn't exactly 14... I've done a lot of stupid shit on motorbikes when I was young, but I wasn't dumb enough to do it helmet less.
And while I still believe it's a trolling, I think that the only thing anyone on here cares about is the daughter...both the message sent, and the consequences when Nigs busts his scone.

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
I live in Frankston area, I think the only decent shop to deal with for MTB stuff is Sealys. Their main shop is near the Bunnings in Mornington, as well as a smaller shop in Wells rd Frankston.
They have been good to deal with; I bought my daughter's roadie and my new Norco from them. I would trust them before anyone else around that end of town for work on a bike.
cheers dan i called sealys in frankston today the said they dont stock any downhill gear but can get anything in if i needed it thanks for the support

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
Just pointing out the response to the OP's pics seems a tad OTT.

I am obviously not getting any work done if I'm taking part in this thread, but I could feel the big kids ganging up so thought I'd give the underdog a little support.

The OP has clearly said he is looking for a DH lid.
lol wouldnt matter if i had a helmet on these pricks would still find something to pick at they are most likely jelous they cant ride or something maybe i have a better bike who knows i dont give a shit what people think

moorey

call me Mia
lol wouldnt matter if i had a helmet on these pricks would still find something to pick at they are most likely jelous they cant ride or something maybe i have a better bike who knows i dont give a shit what people think
Nice one, Trolly McTroll Troll.
One too many head landings already. :wink:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

How would you feel if your daughter was cruising along on her bike behind you on an easy ride, got the wobbles and bumped her head and was injured purely because she didn't have a helmet on?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , just in case you are a bit light on for punctuation marks-now use the fucking things!

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
How would you feel if your daughter was cruising along on her bike behind you on an easy ride, got the wobbles and bumped her head and was injured purely because she didn't have a helmet on?
she always wears a helmet if she sooks about it she doesnt get to ride her bike

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , just in case you are a bit light on for punctuation marks-now use the fucking things!
Im,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fat-boy.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
she always wears a helmet if she sooks about it she doesnt get to ride her bike
That's good, glad to hear she's got her kit on.
You've got to expect a backlash from people when you chuck photos online doing somehting that is considered stupid; in this case it's your lack of helmet. You need to consider that some guys on here may have had an injury and know it could've been a lot worse if they didn't have a helmet on. I'm all for encouraging people to get into our awesome sport but it's not worth doing if it's going to put you at risk in something you could avoid.
If you have no luck getting a helmet from a store, have a look at the apparel section of the forums and you may score a sweet helmet for a fair price. Once you've got your kit happening, put some new photos up for all to enjoy.
This site has some amazing people on it. Yeah, there's some tools onboard but you'll find more positive dudes and dudettes on here than you will pullthroughs.