Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

andrew9

Likes Dirt
Yes, they pay a fee to allow them the privilege of using a private car on public roads.

However technically a person on a bike has a right to use the road, where as a person in a car is only permitted, that's why cars have licenses and rego.
It can help to compare it to firearm ownership, for many reasons.
Last time I looked about $250 of my $1000 "rego" was actually registration. I don't think I could buy much asphalt for that, even without allowing the cost of the registration system. Taxes and Rates pay for roads, rego might throw in a few silver coins

When the Tour is on, it'd be great if there were more organized events and rides to manage all the "Freds" It sometimes seems every summer event in Adelaide results in bad traffic.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

andrew9

Likes Dirt
1.4 million registered vehicles in SA.
South Road Superway $812 million.
$580 per vehicle?
sure we can pay it off over a few years, but what about the rest of our state's roads and maintenance?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Again with this argument? It's enough to make a man take up coffee drinking.....
Don't do it. Next you will be buying takeaway coffee on the way to work and sipping that at the lights. Too much chance you will spill some on the phone while text supping.

scblack

Leucocholic
I've only read the last 2 pages so I don't know if it's been said..

*puts on flame suit*

Bike riders that don't leave enough room to safely drive past them without crossing the white lines when they have like a meter and a half to the edge of the road plus we have to give them a 1 to 1.5m gap when passing.

What's worse is the tour down under that passes through my town, usually for about a month before and after groups of bike riders flood the town and highway and do like 40km 2-3 abreast in the 100 zones and you can't pass them. It takes up to a hour to drive to the next town which usually takes less than 20 minutes.

Last year I was stuck behind a group of them (it wasn't even a race) with about 50 other cars, one of the cars infront of me honked at them and a bike rider kicked his car as he tried to pass. I've seen them punch cars as well.

Nothing against bike riders in general but these "racers" have no respect for other people, cars rego pays for roads, a car going 20km under the speed limit is an obstruction of traffic and it shouldn't be any differnt for bikes if they are blocking the road.

A little courtesy goes a long way, but unfortunately they would rather scream about their rights as a road user and be assholes to everyone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Flame suit is not necessary, your arguments have been thrown up by morons so many times we don't get riled by the weak ideas.

Try harder next time.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Flame suit is not necessary, your arguments have been thrown up by morons so many times we don't get riled by the weak ideas.

Try harder next time.
This!

His rant may as well be, "every other road user, ever, who has failed to do exactly what I want them to do!".

What pisses me off is, every other road user, ever, who has failed to do exactly what I want them to do!

Only I'm self aware enough to realise this is my issue, not theirs.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

2DIE

Likes Dirt

Try harder next time.
I'm not trying to get anyone riled up, I'm sure anyone would get angry at the situation. It doesn't mater if it's bike riders or something else blocking the road.

scblack

Leucocholic
I'm not trying to get anyone riled up, I'm sure anyone would get angry at the situation. It doesn't mater if it's bike riders or something else blocking the road.

As Knuckles says above - the anger of yours at this situation is YOUR issue. They are a legitimate road user, that happen to be going slower than you can cope with. Learn to deal with it. All you have to learn is to wait a short time until you are safe to pass. That's not too hard is it?

2DIE

Likes Dirt
As Knuckles says above - the anger of yours at this situation is YOUR issue. They are a legitimate road user, that happen to be going slower than you can cope with. Learn to deal with it. All you have to learn is to wait a short time until you are safe to pass. That's not too hard is it?
It's more frustration than anger, but as someone posted above a car going 20km under the limit is their cause and no one questions it, but bikes blocking the road 60km under the limit is fine and my problem?

There isn't many chances to overtake, when I used to do fruit and veg deliveries it would make my 20 minute trips about 1 hour trips. 4-5 trips a day through them would add hours to the day and customers would get angry at us. It's not just one day it's for weeks before and after but the one day is the worst of it.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
It's more frustration than anger, but as someone posted above a car going 20km under the limit is their cause and no one questions it, but bikes blocking the road 60km under the limit is fine and my problem?
No-one questions a car going 20 km/h under the speed limit? What sort of car driver are you? Most every other car driver has a little tanty at people like this...even me at times.

For the record, as legitimate road users, cyclists don't and can't block a road. No matter how slow they are going. And as a car driver you have plenty of power and opportunities to get around them legally and safely, even in the Adelaide Hills. Just not always when you want them and as quickly (ie. that nanosecond). Which is OK because I don't always get tailwinds when I want them either...

Ultimately, my nose bleeds for you.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No-one questions a car going 20 km/h under the speed limit? What sort of car driver are you? Most every other car driver has a little tanty at people like this...even me at times.
I tell you what sends me right off, getting stuck behind a car towing a caravan at 70km/h between Ouyen and Mildura Silentbutdeadly? Now that pisses me off, a handful of safe overtaking chances in a 100km stretch of road..

The thing is the world is full of selfish arseholes, they are everywhere. In cars, trucks, bikes and on foot. See, a normal person riding in group on a tight road would yell out a car was held up. The group would then form a single line to let them pass. Then go back to 2 abreast again. But you know, arseholes. Just like caravan pullers.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I tell you what sends me right off, getting stuck behind a car towing a caravan at 70km/h between Ouyen and Mildura Silentbutdeadly? Now that pisses me off, a handful of safe overtaking chances in a 100km stretch of road..

The thing is the world is full of selfish arseholes, they are everywhere. In cars, trucks, bikes and on foot. See, a normal person riding in group on a tight road would yell out a car was held up. The group would then form a single line to let them pass. Then go back to 2 abreast again. But you know, arseholes. Just like caravan pullers.
And there endeth the lesson. We are all arseholes. So when faced with arseholes, chill the fuck down and don't let the arseholes wear you down.

Admittedly though...that stretch between Ouyen and Mildura does suck hairy nuts. Big hairy testicles. From a camel. Coated with three cornered jacks. And tamarind paste...

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
And there endeth the lesson. We are all arseholes. So when faced with arseholes, chill the fuck down and don't let the arseholes wear you down.

Admittedly though...that stretch between Ouyen and Mildura does suck hairy nuts. Big hairy testicles. From a camel. Coated with three cornered jacks. And tamarind paste...
fwark the skanky pig.... Holy poop balls.

The fine pig lost a great niece to some shitball who thought that red stop lights were an option.... If everyone is an arsehole then this fat crvnt would like to nominate his porcine arse for number one.

Take a fwarking deep breath, realise you'll be ten minutes late for that chico roll and wank.... and think, fwark me... I've got another twenty years (631138519 seconds) on this god forsaken slightly warm rock in the middle of fox fwarking no where....

a few extra seconds wont stop my furious masterbation to old pictures of Nicole kidman.... just fwaking relax

S

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah, 3 corner jacks.. Another thing to get all pissy about.. haven't ridden a bike in Mildy for many years, does the tubless sealant work on them?

2DIE

Likes Dirt
^ I lived in Mildura from about age 11 to 23, from walking around barefoot or with thongs and riding bmxs all over town I pretty much knew where all the 3 corner jacks were before I got to them.

Although I remember being about 16, walking home drunk and barefoot (classy) and decided to cut through a empty lot on the other side of town I didnt know well. I ended up about half way across with about 20 3 corner jacks in each foot then tried to sit down to pull them out and got more 3 corner jacks in my palms and sat in them as well. I sat there for about 15 mins pulling them out and trying to build up the will to walk to the other side before stopping and pulling more of them out of my feet again.

3 corner jacks are one of many things I don't miss about Mildura.