Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wandered up to school to pick the kids up and was a bit early. There was a couple of classes of doing PE on the oval with plenty of yelling and screaming as the kids muck about having fun. I then hear the PE teacher begging a hand full of kids sitting on the side lines to jump and have a go. The kids shook their heads and sat around reading and talking. These kids were very much on the plumpy chunks side of the weight scale...
Spoke to my young bloke about it and he said 'yeah, some kids don't like PE' so they can opt out and don't have to do it... Now I understand some games might not suit all kids but from further investigation there is a bunch of little fatters that never ever participate and thats 'ok' with the system. (some skinny kids skip it too).
I thought WTF, maths and english aren't opt in. You can't just say 'nup' not my thing, 'I'm not going to even try'.. With the state of obesity and diabetes in this country I really think kids should be made to do physical education whether they like it or not. I used to have to run 2 laps of the school oval before we started the first class... Soft little pudgers these days.

Beej1

With the state of obesity and diabetes in this country I really think kids should be made to do physical education whether they like it or not. I used to have to run 2 laps of the school oval before we started the first class... Soft little pudgers these days.
It's a _lot_ more due to what they're eating than lack of physical activity.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Parents should let their kids walk or ride to school sometimes without having an ongoing fear that paedophiles live on every corner waiting to take any kid that dares not to get a ride in Mum's urban assault SUV to the house of edukayshun.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Parents should let their kids walk or ride to school sometimes without having an ongoing fear that paedophiles live on every corner waiting to take any kid that dares not to get a ride in Mum's urban assault SUV to the house of edukayshun.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.
It's not the pedos i'm worried about it's the fk sticks in cars that aren't concentrating, esp the mum's in the big ass SUV's.

golden path

Banned
Yeah pretty much.

It's like a game of Asteroids around the schools nowadays.

And in all honesty looking at the size of some of the mums, it wouldn't hurt them to walk a kilometre or twenty, to and from the school....

safreek

----------
apparently in qld kids arnt allowed to walk to school unaccompanied until 12 years old, parents can get charged. fucken strange I recon. But I'm from a different era

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
apparently in qld kids arnt allowed to walk to school unaccompanied until 12 years old, parents can get charged. fucken strange I recon. But I'm from a different era
Bit over the top.. i watched this young lass in bumper to bumper traffic 'drive' about 50m without looking up tapping away at her phone with two hands and steering with her knees.. She had zero clue about what was actually in front of her.
It's people like her and all the other drivers that are so pre occupied with other bullshit that make the roads so dangerous I struggle to let my 9 years walk too far ahead of me to school. People just fly out of and into drive ways without a fuck of care. Everyone is just so far up their own arses these days..

Flow-Rider

Burner
That came up again from a school area where there was allegedly attempted abductions of young school kids. There is a massive paedophile ring here, just look at all the kids that have been found deceased after they were tampered with, eg. Daniel Morecombe, Leanne Holland, Sian King and etc.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Didn't know that one. I'm from the same era I think. It is just a bit sad for the kids since walking or riding to school is a good thing.

Maybe I'm ignorant to the whole paedophile thing. It is also sad for all the decent old guys out there to be lumped together with those shady child abusers.

----------

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Not true.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-09/how-long-is-too-long-to-leave-a-child-unattended/8335692

That came up again from a school area where there was allegedly attempted abductions of young school kids. There is a massive paedophile ring here, just look at all the kids that have been found deceased after they were tampered with, eg. Daniel Morecombe, Leanne Holland, Sian King and etc.
How did you work that out from 3 crimes over 30 + years by unrelated individuals?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Maybe I'm ignorant to the whole paedophile thing.
It's mostly mass hysteria over a few very uncommon, isolated incidents.

Statistically, the vast majority of this business happens in the home, usually by somebody related to, or very well known to, the victim. So it's not what happens to kids when they're out and about that we should be focusing on, it's what happens when they get home and that front door closes.

Flow-Rider

Burner
How did you work that out from 3 crimes over 30 + years by unrelated individuals?
There is way more than 3, some kids never even found and some of the offenders were put away on circumstantial evidence. I personally think more people were involved and growing up in some of these bad areas lots of rumours went around. It's sad these type of people exist but they do.

Flow-Rider

Burner
well, according to the leaflet you put up it is illegal to walk or ride unsupervised and some parents have been charged
View attachment 336622
Yep, that was recently put up by police and circulated by a school in the southeast. I seen it come up on a public forum, wether it was sent to all schools in QLD as a reminder I wouldn't know. I remember it being on the news that it was some outback country town where the parents were charged.

http://showandtellonline.com.au/whats-on-our-mind-today/walk-home-from-school

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Don't stress out cause your wrong, your link proved it. Don't get an ulcer. You know you can be wrong, even just once:preggers:

The bits you missed from my link.

Ms Smyth said it was unfortunate that subsection 2 of the law, "Whether the time is unreasonable depends on all the relevant circumstances," was omitted from the circulating notice.

"You have to look at the circumstances on a case-by-case basis."

What does the law actually say?

You'll find it in the Queensland Criminal Code, section 364a, under the title "Leaving a child under 12 unattended":

1. A person who, having the lawful care or charge of a child under 12 years, leaves the child for an unreasonable time without making reasonable provision for the supervision and care of the child during that time commits a misdemeanour. Maximum penalty - 3 years' imprisonment.

2. Whether the time is unreasonable depends on all the relevant circumstances.

quoted from the lawyer
She said considerations for the court will be:

The age and the maturity of the child
The distance the child is travelling
Has the child been taught the particular route — the child may have walked/ridden this route for two years with their parent before being able to do it alone in order to teach independence
Timing — if the child is leaving home at 8:00am to arrive and be under the care and supervision of the school shortly after compared to if they leave at 6am and will be unsupervised for a