2017 world cup discussion

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
So, Fort Bill this weekend for the BDHS. Commencal, Trek and Mondraker have turned up with 29ers.

Boom King

or maybe not, high winds.
I'm not saying they'll race them, but they've been testing them all week.

Also, did you notice the wind at Lourdes when the Syndicate lads had their race runs?

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
You reckon the bigger wheels will act like sails and end up with them flying off into the sunset like a kid's balloon?
I assume he's suggesting that the racing may be cancelled due to high winds, not that the high winds would dictate the wheel size they run !

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
So, Danny Hart won the BDS round at Fort William on a 29er. I guess this is the end of mountain biking as we know it. Or just another step in the evolution of the sport. You decide!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, Danny Hart won the BDS round at Fort William on a 29er. I guess this is the end of mountain biking as we know it. Or just another step in the evolution of the sport. You decide!
He'll take some beating this year regardless of what bike he's on.
I'm very interested to see if any teams that run the bigger wheels for a while go back to smaller wheels for performance sake.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm very interested to see if any teams that run the bigger wheels for a while go back to smaller wheels for performance sake.
Same here. If you watched xc a few years back when 29 first came in they changed wheel sizes depending on course and conditions. Remember a bloke at cairns switching back to a 26 for quicker acceleration in the slop.

He lost btw.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I'm certainly not against the debut of the 29er, but I do think if a rider/team chooses to run the big or not so big wheels, they should race them the whole season and accept any downfalls along with the advantages. it seems only fair against other teams/riders that don't have the backing to produce multiple frame options to choose from given different tracks and conditions.

binner

Hath shat hymself
the world is ending

well ok, lets just run 24 inch for bmx now too and while we are at it lets add gears.....
the world needs rules man, rules to stick by and to makes things fair....

I can't go on.... I'm winded, totally winded.....

:couch2:

Boom King

a few pics of the EJ22 transplant
I fabricated my own reverse air intake manifold, fabricated a engine support, used the original headers and ported out the side of van, located the ECU and all wiring in the spare wheel well. Just waiting now for my sandwich plate so I can add in a oil temp gauge.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I wee'd on Binner while he was asleep once. He woke up later, he knew the smell was urine and he knew it was on him. Aside from doing a DNA test, he had no way of knowing who actually wee'd on him. He took no prisoners and took everyone in the room down. Be careful near that guy, he's an animal and putting your hand in his mouth may end badly. :behindsofa:

binner

Hath shat hymself
too many times

I wee'd on Binner while he was asleep once. He woke up later, he knew the smell was urine and he knew it was on him. Aside from doing a DNA test, he had no way of knowing who actually wee'd on him. He took no prisoners and took everyone in the room down. Be careful near that guy, he's an animal and putting your hand in his mouth may end badly. :behindsofa:
There is always Whistler in July :yuck:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
There is always Whistler in July :yuck:
It's probably lucky for you that I'll be in the middle of the Canada when you're in Whistler, I'd piss on you again. :laugh:

I went with the choice of Greg Minaar winning Fort Wiliam last year and I'm going the same pick again this year. He'll be closely followed by Gwin and Hart, all within a second of each other is what my crystal ball is saying.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Rach just posted that Gee Dislocated his hip at Fort William, which is unfortunate to say the least
Ah shit, me fears the end is nigh for Gee. He's had his fair share of stacks and that is affecting his results big time. He's still totally pinned but is he quick enough for World Cup results? I say yes, he's most certainly in the game but for how long?