Little Things You Love

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Dude probably just thought you were unfit, not noticing you were hurt. I wouldn't spend too much time hatin on motorists.

roo's are stupid. one jumped sideways into mrs ultras care after she'd slowed down to walking pace. Just sidehopped straight into the passenger door. dickheads.

Glad the helmet did it's job
Nah, I can't blame the driver. Could have been a lady and it was dark. For a big animal it's always amazed how fucking dumb they are. They need to transplant crow brains into roo bodies and all the accidents would stop.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Nah, I can't blame the driver. Could have been a lady and it was dark. For a big animal it's always amazed how fucking dumb they are. They need to transplant crow brains into roo bodies and all the accidents would stop.
and we'd lose our spot on the foodchain.......... Crows are awesome and I love them, but putting their noggins onto a roos body is terrifying

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
New rubber :D

Peyote is going on the rear, it's a similar pattern to the Continental that's temporarily there now and has all those wonderful drifty feels
Trust me the Peyote is better on the front and the Mezcal is a killer rear tyre. It's also a shit hot front race tyre.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Dude probably just thought you were unfit, not noticing you were hurt. I wouldn't spend too much time hatin on motorists.
I had a crash on my ride to work a while back, it was on a section of bikeway that's hundreds of meters from the nearest road, so only pedestrians and cyclists in the vicinity. I'm sitting on the side of the path, blood & grazes over about half my face and dripping from my hand (apparently I punched the front chainring on the way down somehow). Several cyclists passed me, not a single one stopped to even ask if I was OK. Ultimately I got back on the bike & rode home to scare the shit out of my wife walking through the back door all bloodied unexpectedly.

Contrast that to the time's I've spilled out on the mountain trails, first bike up has always stopped to render assistance. Different attitude I guess?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I had a crash on my ride to work a while back, it was on a section of bikeway that's hundreds of meters from the nearest road, so only pedestrians and cyclists in the vicinity. I'm sitting on the side of the path, blood & grazes over about half my face and dripping from my hand (apparently I punched the front chainring on the way down somehow). Several cyclists passed me, not a single one stopped to even ask if I was OK. Ultimately I got back on the bike & rode home to scare the shit out of my wife walking through the back door all bloodied unexpectedly.

Contrast that to the time's I've spilled out on the mountain trails, first bike up has always stopped to render assistance. Different attitude I guess?
Roadies can eat a bag of dicks. In all my years of commuting I've literally had one roadie stop to render assistance, and it turned out he was actually an mtber. I've had a few non-lycra clad commuters stop too.

DMan

Sad isn't it.

Binaural

Eats Squid

Jesus. About the worst situation I will just ride past is a flat tyre, and I'll usually sing out to ask if they need anything anyway.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I had a crash on my ride to work a while back, it was on a section of bikeway that's hundreds of meters from the nearest road, so only pedestrians and cyclists in the vicinity. I'm sitting on the side of the path, blood & grazes over about half my face and dripping from my hand (apparently I punched the front chainring on the way down somehow). Several cyclists passed me, not a single one stopped to even ask if I was OK.
Didn't want to mess up their Strava times I guess?

Must be. I've had people stop and check on me when I've just been sitting there having a snack and waiting for The Boy to finish an extra loop or something.

DMan

Must be. I've had people stop and check on me when I've just been sitting there having a snack and waiting for The Boy to finish an extra loop or something.
Do you look like you're having a heart attack? That would make me stop too ;)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Trust me the Peyote is better on the front and the Mezcal is a killer rear tyre. It's also a shit hot front race tyre.

Comes down to what you're looking for from your bike. Planted tail and a slidey front or razor sharp turn in.

For me, there's nothing like a loose arse end ;)