COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So my local government, in all their wisdom, are putting on a fucking festival. People will come from far and wide...

...what is wrong with people that they can't just sit still and ride this thing out? It's like that bullshit "...or the terrorists win." That went on in the wake of 9-11. Can't let the covid win, let's have a big party.

It doesn't even look like an interesting festival, unless you like old ideas being rehashed as new ones.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In fairness there are wooden features on almost all the trails to some extent, that wouldn't be so great after a fire ;)
I rode some of them and most were pretty nicely envisioned. Even if the chopped up gravel landings were sketchy...and in fairness a lot of my local trails have suffered over use and under repair syndrome while I was with you Westies.

Dirt, especially clay rich dirt, really sucks post fire too. We had a big blaze through my regular trails a few years back and everything just felt wierd and rock hard for ages. Clearing trail is really easy though.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
So my local government, in all their wisdom, are putting on a fucking festival. People will come from far and wide...

...what is wrong with people that they can't just sit still and ride this thing out? It's like that bullshit "...or the terrorists win." That went on in the wake of 9-11. Can't let the covid win, let's have a big party.

It doesn't even look like an interesting festival, unless you like old ideas being rehashed as new ones.
There was debate early last year whether the Mandurah Crab Festival should go ahead. In the end it did, and the former state opposition leader tweeted that it was a good chance to get 100,000 people together to talk about COVID safety. Perth is the greatest city in the world, except when it comes to our elected representatives.

safreek

Easy to get around? Perfect weather? LOL. Perth is terrible to get around (especially public transport)

WA has some very pretty places. So does the rest of Australia.
I think when I first got there it was a record 45 degrees, and that was before climate change ever happened, the doctor should of helped you up the hill mid arvo.
Yes. Australia has some other pretty places, it's called south Australia, no where else matters

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
There was debate early last year whether the Mandurah Crab Festival should go ahead. In the end it did, and the former state opposition leader tweeted that it was a good chance to get 100,000 people together to talk about COVID safety. Perth is the greatest city in the world, except when it comes to our elected representatives.
You keep saying stuff about Perth that makes me think you haven't done much in the way of travelling...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...and McGowan is unlikely to let any Victorians visit before 2025 anyway
He is a bit nuts. That unnecessary hard boarder really fucked me over in 2020.

Bring your bike travel money to NSW. We are shit at bikes, tourism, food, coffee, bars, live music and most other things you're probably looking for but our premier is good at wanting us to be open!

Maybe I could convert my snow touring energy into bike touring energy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Whatdya mean everyone I know has been to Bali at least six times
I have long thought that we do need tighter boarder security, but not to prevent refugees from getting here. No we need it to stop Australians ruining the rest of the world. Im not saying they can't leave the country for holidays, but a simple questionaire on the ay through customs to make sure the intended departee isn't a dickhead and doesn't intend to poorly represent us as they puke their way across Europe should suffice. If they fail the test their holiday is just rerouted to Bali. Unfortunately we have trashed that place pretty hard already. Our government could enter into a deal with the Indonesian government to repute the revenue to fight wage exploitation and poverty while we are at it.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
He is a bit nuts. That unnecessary hard boarder really fucked me over in 2020.

Bring your bike travel money to NSW. We are shit at bikes, tourism, food, coffee, bars, live music and most other things you're probably looking for but our premier is good at wanting us to be open!

Maybe I could convert my snow touring energy into bike touring energy.
Might want to run a grammar check over that... or are you referring to some share house shenanigans?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not necessarily. Since covid Perth’s biggest weakness has become its greatest asset.

Isolation
It has been helpful, but other than the Melbourne fiasco + (brief) northern beaches incident...the whole of Australia has fared pretty well. I don't think their "fuck off we're closed!" approach has really been that necessary or beneficial. The eastern seaboard hasn't really gone to shit over the last year while mostly remaining open to each other.