The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I tried the cafelatex....it completely sucked for anything other than a pinprick puncture in my experience. I only run it on Felix’s school bike and the wife’s bike. YMMV
I tried it once but may try it again as its still getting really good reviews and usually places 2nd to Stans race. Awesome price at Bike24 as above.

We usually just use regular Stans but I fucked up about 6 months ago as someone had 1L Joes Sealant on sale... so I grabbed 6 x 1L bottles for about 10 euros each ($16 per litre)

Had to go the Browse'n'Save and buy bottles of glitter to throw in it, it doesn't even seal a normal sized hole without the glitter. So bad I have a bottle of Stans on the way from HiBike now.

We go through quite a bit as you would too, so we are down to only about 2 bottles left.

moorey

call me Mia
I tried it once but may try it again as its still getting really good reviews and usually places 2nd to Stans race. Awesome price at Bike24 as above.

We usually just use regular Stans but I fucked up about 6 months ago as someone had 1L Joes Sealant on sale... so I grabbed 6 x 1L bottles for about 10 euros each ($16 per litre)

Had to go the Browse'n'Save and buy bottles of glitter to throw in it, it doesn't even seal a normal sized hole without the glitter. So bad I have a bottle of Stans on the way from HiBike now.

We go through quite a bit as you would too, so we are down to only about 2 bottles left.
Indeed we go through a loooot. I now wait for a sale and buy a couple of litres of both stans regular and race. Regular for the fronts mostly, as neither of us ever puncture front (I did one at youies, once ever), and Race for the rear.
Life is too short for sealant you don’t trust.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
So next question, any idea how I can open up the silver part that sits inside this bottom bracket? It's very gritty when I rotate it.

Should I hit it with something?

It's an SR Suntour like the crankset btw.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Thats a serious wrench !

My torque wrench is a x-tool brand, there are about another 10 brands where its the exact same cheap wrench, gets used for 4-5nm on stems and stuff, crush washer bolts on forks at 6nm and thats about it. Even it it was +/-10% it really wouldn't matter.
I’ve had the same for about 5 years. Its probably all I need, the bits it came with are now cactus. I have actually spent more on new 1/4 hex and torx sockets than I did on new torque wrench

rstim

Likes Dirt

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Success! I think it was over tightened but it's now off. I found what seem to be solidified grease in there. I thought it was metal at first but it breaks up under pressure.

Now I'm here, can I apply some degreaser to the chainring to clean it (avoiding the spindle)?
Give the bottom bracket bearings a good blast of degreaser or wd-40 while you have it apart. You'll feel a huge improvement while pedalling.