Recent content by antstep

1. A

VIC SOLD please remove

still for sale? What's the history and condition of this bike chief? It's an '09 right?
  2. A

VIC Large DH Frame.

swapping then? I'm running a Medium Demo 9 Pro. I'm willing to swap for a Large Demo 9 Pro, or Demo 8. Mines in pretty unreal nick. A few scratches, true. 1 Seasons use. eg. 3 races. Still looks new really. Built up in early 2007. More info on request.
  3. A

Windsor Dirt Jumps, Melbourne

windsor tease Used to live down the road to "Crapsor". Peeps who were involved in the dirt being trucked in a few years ago said council weren't stoked on getting it fully fixed up, due to public liability, or excuses about public liability so as to spend money on more profitable things like...
  4. A

VIC Large DH Frame.

Looking for a Large. My Medium rig is pretty cramped at 6 2". Needs to be in good nick. Suggestions: Sunday, Turner DHR, Glory, Socom, Commencal, Cove. I'm open to anything decent that's race ready really. Needs to have shock that came with frame.
  5. A

please delete

price? i take it it's iscg-05 then? would an lower offer than what you are asking offend you?
  6. A

E13 Chain Guide, 38 Tooth, A1 Cond... SRS. SOLD, thanks farkin.net

prices... hey mate i'm interested, but not exactly for that price. without wanting to insult you, are you willing to consider lower offers?
  7. A

Directions to Croydon Hills

where? i'm after the same info. am i to gather that others don't want this place publicised on farkin? why all the secrecy? it makes me want to not know any of you for the absurd eliteism. are other riders scary or something? i have been told it is in the melways but my version is old, and no...
  8. A

Windsor dirt jumps

windsor used to live down the road. council won't develop it. wants it to just stay unused. it's the lawyer's fault at the end of the day. there have been a few guys last year getting a load of dirt in etc. courtesy of the council, but they still want it low key. there is actually a sign...
  9. A

9 speed shifter on 8 speed cassette?

big ups that was a big help. thanks heaps. 8 speed is a bit of a headache hey. do shimano shifters not work on SRAM rear mechs then as well? and do you need a specific 8 speed rear der. or is a 9 speed rear der. exactly the same? peace.
  10. A

9 speed shifter on 8 speed cassette?

swapping out a death trap shimano alvio shifter... new cassette in 8, and new 8 chain... there's very little decent options on 8 speed shifters. so i'm looking toward SRAM 9 speed... will this be an issue? or will i just have one useless click down the fast end on the cassette? or will i...
  11. A

stem stack height?

i've dropped my stem/bars down as low as they can go... this is the g-o- for a DH is it not? I'm really not good enought to notice the difference. I'm happy with it low, but before i go the chop on the steerer tube, any thoughts?
  12. A

What DH ro buy?

ya need more juice that cash won't buy a great deal. wish it did. unless you have a really good connection in the biz. you in mansfield hey. try and hit up Raw NRG up the hill, see what they got to sell. you can get lucky. some older technology from early 2000's, that someone doesn't...
  13. A

how heavy is your DH rig? does it matter?

you might be right mate. the 40's are super soft. i'm starting to up the preload and off the rebound. i've never noticed them bottom, as others do, but that don't mean it's not happening. totally different feel to the bling 888's. might need to send em and get the mod done... sigh...
  14. A

Swinger 6-way: Yeah i'm running around 30% sag when i have no preload on to measure spring viability. Or as best i can measure by myself, so i think the spring weight is right. I do crank the preload on b/c i found myself catching my bashie and pedals and thought i might be sitting too low in my...
  15. A

go commencal yeah i'd have to agree with you ajay. my mate has a nicely kitted out commencal, and this is what i have to compare my demo9 truck with. it does pedal: like crazy. it asks/begs for it. nor does it catch bloody pedals. and it feels like a cutting tool in the dirt, and skips...