Recent content by canoscott

1. C

VIC Wombat 24 hour 6/7 December 2014

That's great AlanT. Please keep,them coming. My friend is leading men's open solo in his first solo. I live 10 hrs or so away from event so am eagerly awaiting your regular updates. Cheers Canoscott
  2. C

Fat adapted MTBers

Ok. Paleo or Primal fundamentally does not equal Enduro racing/running whatever. Easy Glycogen stores are only good for an hour to 1.5hrs. Then its conversion of input foods and drinks. This is why simple carbs ie sugars and variations work so well in enduros. Fast forward. I've been primal for...
  3. C

Post your 29er!

Twinzer 29er Great post and lots of drooling. Here's a pic of one of my rides.
  4. C

VIC SOLD SOLD 29er Steel Hardtail Twinzer frame

SOLD SOLD SOLD Item: 29er Steel Hardtail Twinzer frame by Siren Location: Melbourne, VIC Item Condition: As new Reason for selling: As a result of injury and reduced riding capability, I still have too many bikes for one rider. Price and price conditions: $1300 neg, buyer pays freight...
  5. C

Still no recognition for James Williamson, Willo Link trail

It may be over the top as you say, but that is what forums are for. Voicing opinions and sometimes frustrations, whether agreed with by all or not. In this case if it gets action quicker than normal Govt process then great. If it helps ensure normal Govt process does not let the MTB community...
  6. C

Still no recognition for James Williamson, Willo Link trail

Just been surfing the ACT Mt Stromolo MTB Park official website, and downloaded pdf maps in preparation for the World 24hr Solos. Noticed that after nearly 3 years since the Willo Link trail being opened the 2 pdfs maps linked on the website have no recognition of its existence...
  7. C

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

Ive been running the triple compound snakeskin premium Racing Ralphs on my Spearfish front and rear. I've found they are great new, but around 40 to 50% worn they turn loose and ugly. Even tyre pressure drops don't help much either. A lot of tyre goes to waste when others at similar stage still...
  8. C

Long time lurker first time poster

Im the same. Many hour spent viewing, and finally now posting. Why the change, I don't know. Guess its an age thing. I don't have Facebook, Twitter etc. Always interesting to read others, but having the chance to contribute my experiences hopefully may help someone out there. Im 29er hard...
  9. C

24HOA World Solo Championships 2012 cancelled.

At the end of the day whichever organisation runs a "world championship", if its the only one doing it, or the one which is attracting the biggest and most diverse field then it should have the world championship status. More so if that organisation is planning ahead, and moving the event around...
  10. C

New Niner S.I.R. Thoughts anyone?

I have the 2010 Gold paint model Sir 9. Having ridden carbon Air and CrMo Steel, I can say that Steel Is Real and this frame rocks. 142mm, 15mm axles, tapred steerer etc are all tweaks, but the frame was sound and compliant before the 2012 minimal upgrades, and will remain an iconic steel frame...
  11. C

Wrist aching

I had similiar issues. I have pins in one elbow and also in same wrist. Moved to a RAgley Carnegie with 25 degree back sweep and what a difference. Added Ergon grips which helped stop palm numbness. This is the easiest fix. The Carnegie looks weird but I cant ride normal bars now. I ride solo 6...
  12. C

Salsa Spearfish ?

I have 2 29ers. A Niner Sir9 and the Spearfish. Both are great for their purpose. I'm 6'1" at 85kg and the XL Spearfish with a short 70mm stem is comfortable with a quick steering response. My Spearfish is my enduro racer, as its so much more comfortable for 6 to 24hr solo events. The...
  13. C

Is the market forcing us to adopt 29ers?

Its all economics. Apart from consumables, we all had 26" and occassionaly upgraded components. You need a lot of incremental improvements with components to tempt someone to finally upgrade. Bring in new sales pitch, therefore new frames, new components etc, more sales revenue. In a few...
  14. C

Niner S.I.R.9 Frame Large

Large Sir 9 I have a Large Sir 9 with ebb ready to go. Mine has ebb 1, but I solved the periodic creaking problem and have had silence for over 12 months. I hate any creaks or groans so this bothered me until I found the cure. All is peaceful on the trails now with no regular upkeep of the...
  15. C

Nitelights review and issues

Hi All New to the forum but want all to be aware when looking at Nitelights. My factual experience to date. 1. Ordered end Jan 2010, stock problems so delayed delivery. Nitelights emailed a $30 discount voucher off the order when processed. This did not happen. 2. Follow up mid Feb...