Recent content by Cypher

1. Cypher

Short Reach Bikes

I am like a tyrannosaurus rex - all growl and short arms. General bikes (man bikes) give me neck aches as I am stretched out too far and this position also limits how well you can pull up. Most "Ladies" frames tend to be a good top tube length for me (yes, I agree that it is annoying that...
  2. Cypher

Bike NSW board nominiations are open. Please nominate me

This is why I wanted to be on the MTBA board too. I really dislike races (I have anxiety disorder) and really that is all I see MTBA offering*. I do like trails though. I'll give it a shot, maybe it wont work out. But I'd like to try. Also on the Bike NSW board *Also a little controversial...
  3. Cypher

Bike NSW board nominiations are open. Please nominate me

Bike NSW board nominations are open and I would like your help to get elected. If you are a Bike NSW member you can sign a form to nominate me. I need 5 signatures from members. Why should you do this? Bike NSW is the biggest cycling body in NSW. Way bigger than MTBA (of which I would like...
  4. Cypher

Fee for pump track designers

Occasionally they do get out there. The neighbours must think it hilarious when they see me chasing my seven chickens around the park. I am very surprised I haven't lost one to dogs out there.
  5. Cypher

Yes. I don't know what he was thinking (he is 4 - probably not much). He has been telling me that we are, under no circumstances, riding off the rock. But then he goes and does it anyway. Sigh
  6. Cypher

Update on trail So it is looking a little scrappy at the moment, but I am slowly working on finalising my backyard gravity trail (it takes a lot of time to acquire and shovel that much dirt!). There are two drops (one off the water tank), one big berm that took about 2 cubic metres of road...
  7. Cypher

The Great Australian Census

I actually use the census data (I work as a spatial analyst in local government). Census time is total nerdgasm time. It is generally exciting to get a fresh bunch of stats. So please take it seriously. The higher quality data we can get means you can get better services from your local...
  8. Cypher

Clean fill: why can't I get any?

So there are heaps of adds on gumtree etc but danged if I can get any soil for my backyard bike track. Is there a trick to it? Should I get my (male) partner to call these people up? No one returns my calls. I don't have a truck so I need delivery of about 5 tonnes. Sigh
  9. Cypher

Moving to Sydney - Good MTB Suburbs?

Inner West. I'm 20mins from RNP and Menai, 30mins to Kentlyn and Mt Annan, 50mins to Helensburg, Appin, Hornsby/Westleigh, Glenbrook or Northern Beaches trails. The inner west is slap bang in the middle of all the riding in Sydney (just about) and is close to work So no riding on my door step...
  10. Cypher

Confessions from the fuckwits

After eight years of awesome adventures on my old bike I finally got a new bike. The bike shop were awesome getting the bike ready in time (Friday arvo) to go out for a ride on Saturday morning with my mates. I woke up literally spewing. :( No ride for me Worse yet, I didn't even get the...
  11. Cypher

Concussion

Sooo...I went back to the doctor (at everyone's behest) and apparently it is reasonable to expect symptoms to last up to 3 months! I am ok...apparently :) Thanks for all the help
  12. Cypher

Concussion

I fell off my bike about 4 weeks ago and I gave my head a solid whumping with a resulting concussion - no loss of memory (unfortunately I was aware and felt every damn thing). (I saw a doctor and got a new helmet) I've been having low achy headaches reasonably continually since that time...
  13. Cypher

Teetotalism

I went the other way. After two or three tries I didn't drink through my late teens to early twenties or do any other drugs - I noticed the signs of mental illness and decided I wouldn't self medicate. I was also a poor student who couldn't afford it Then, while road tripping through Canada...
  14. Cypher

The watch thread.

I want this watch so bad: http://www.instructables.com/id/Apple-II-Watch/ It is actually a pretty good smart watch
  15. Cypher

Christmas present ideas for the significant other

Get a keepsake or trinket that she can keep and is special. An important piece of jewellry that she can wear every day. A ring or a bauble for a neck chain. Swarovski comes to mind Or a figurine - something where she can put it and look upon it every day and think nice thoughts of you. Again it...