Recent content by GrubNut

1. GrubNut

New bike, steerer too short.

Had a polite chat with the shop and explained the issue. They offered to swap the stem on the condition that the existing one was unmarked. Or a free install if I buy a new CSU (not cheap). Not kicking up a fuss about it yet, just considering my options. But I am not really happy either. It's...
  2. GrubNut

New bike, steerer too short.

Ok I have a bit of a tricky situation. I recently bought a new bike and when I picked it up I found that the steerer had been cut so short that no spacers can be fitted. Also the fork appeared to be a different one to the one on the bike at the time I paid for it (different colour stickers). The...
  3. GrubNut

Surly 1x1 fork 80mm

Chasing a surly 1x1 rigid fork 80mm corrected. Cheers.
  4. GrubNut

Tell em he's dreaming

This one been on ebay for months. Bonus laughs for how he lists a bicycle blue book entry that shows the bike at about one tenth the starting price. Also "current driver licence details will be recorded prior to inspection". Fair enough, you never know when you're going to get rolled for all...
  5. GrubNut

VIC Sram X1 10-42t 11spd Cassette Brand New! SOLD

Indeed. Hence the question.
  6. GrubNut

VIC Sram X1 10-42t 11spd Cassette Brand New! SOLD

Is the freehub in the picture part of the deal?
  7. GrubNut

Rigid fork with 410-425mm a2c. Eg, Salsa Cromoto or Kona P2's

Looking for a good quality rigid fork with around 410-425mm axle-to-crown measurement. I need about 190mm steerer. Ideally Salsa Cromoto, Triple butted kona P2's, Surly 1x1 etc.. Will consider others with similar measurements. Thanks
  8. GrubNut

Had a set of wheels built. Lacing looks weird.

Ok, that makes sense. So all is good then.
  9. GrubNut

They have no tape yet. When I say left offset, I mean left when looking at the rim from the outside.
  10. GrubNut

Hi all, I had a set of wheels built from a reputable shop and when I got them home I noticed something weird about them. The spokes from the left offset spoke holes go into the right flange and the spokes from the right holes go into the left flange. Now I always thought that left goes to...
  11. GrubNut

Sold

Can you give an accurate measuremnt of the effective top tube? Thanks.
  12. GrubNut

Niner cya insert and BB install question

Just had a thought. Since the non-drive side insert has no flange, without the shim (which is larger than the internal diamter of the bb shell) there is nothing stopping the whole bb assembly creeping to the right apart from the force of the press fit. Thinking it must go on the non-drive...
  13. GrubNut

Niner cya insert and BB install question

Hello everyone. I'm installing a good old Shimano m770 external BB crankset in my new Niner air9. I'm using inserts provided to me with the frame. The drive side has ~1mm flange and non drive has no flange and presses in flush. I was also supplied with a ~1mm spacer. So which side does the...
  14. GrubNut

Mail order frame arrived damaged. Repair or replace?

The seller wants me to ship the frame back and will send out a replacement. Understandable but the size exceeds Australia Post restrictions. Not looking like this is going to end well. I wonder if it even possible to repair the frame since the headtube is no longer round and the headset cup...