Eating less f*cking food

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That isn't a wise decision. I'm currently running an abus monster thing.
I have a Litelok One wearable belt lock thingy. Don't notice wearing it as a belt once you are riding along.

All in the spirit of overcapitalising a cheap bike mostly for urban duties where the lock costs almost half of its value on a good day. :) T'was a good idea at the time since the suburbs are a jungle.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have a Litelok One wearable belt lock thingy. Don't notice wearing it as a belt once you are riding along.

All in the spirit of overcapitalising a cheap bike mostly for urban duties where the lock costs almost half of its value on a good day. :) T'was a good idea at the time since the suburbs are a jungle.
You don't get sick of your pants falling down when you go into the shops though?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
At the end of the day, they are only going to stop a noob with no gear, a battery grinder with 0.75mm cutting disc is through anything in seconds.

You can probably cut through a thick cable lock plenty fast with a hacksaw.

Mine is one of those hardened steel plate interlocked with rivet numbers. Still more about deterring, but is a slightly better deterrent.

When it comes to locks you gotta go big!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I used Myfitnesspal, the free edition.
I'm surprised no one mentioned any form of calorie tracking yet.

I've used this too for the last yearish.

At my heaviest, at the start of it I was up at 117kg, and just before the Derby trip in November I was 93kg, back around 95kg at the moment.

Having a goal, or something to work towards helps too. For me it was the Derby trip, usually a trip in November each year. I don't get away for that many weekends, so I wanted to make the most of it by being able to ride and not be cooked after a few runs.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
You don't get sick of your pants falling down when you go into the shops though?
It is bit too big for the belt buckle but if I get into the biscuit tin then I'm sure it will fit :)
Nice idea and it works but not as clean as a frame or seat post mounts lock hanger thingy.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
You can probably cut through a thick cable lock plenty fast with a hacksaw.
Mine is one of those hardened steel plate interlocked with rivet numbers. Still more about deterring, but is a slightly better deterrent.

When it comes to locks you gotta go big!
A good lock can only buy time at best. This one is enough to slow down the casual opportunistic thief but the dedicated will figure it out. If that amount of effort is worthy of a 30 year old green bike with bar ends is another question. They are after the shiny new eBikes and 'Duro sleds and hopefully not my old unfashionable junk. I also don't want to walk home either.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was going to start a similar thread at the start of this year as I have no self control around eating and just let loose this Christmas.

I'm 44 years old, 95kg (heaviest I have ever been), my shoulders are failing, and I think my belly button now has a hernia making it look like a smiley face. New Years eve I realised I could just halve all the food I eat and still be good but that only lasted a few days.

Cooking different food for me/wife and the kids gets really hard to do. Things that have helped in the past are not eating after 7pm (brushing teeth helps stop this too) and online food shopping as I have no self control when seeing things on sale.

Any tips on what a healthy easy lunch looks like?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Are you carrying it around Treach style?

Or more like a bandolier?
Just dull and traditional waist belt stylee.

The bandolier look is something of interest and probably neccessary if I was a size or two smaller. Plus if I had a few rounds to carry that didn't fit into my holster.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I was going to start a similar thread at the start of this year as I have no self control around eating and just let loose this Christmas.

I'm 44 years old, 95kg (heaviest I have ever been), my shoulders are failing, and I think my belly button now has a hernia making it look like a smiley face. New Years eve I realised I could just halve all the food I eat and still be good but that only lasted a few days.

Cooking different food for me/wife and the kids gets really hard to do. Things that have helped in the past are not eating after 7pm (brushing teeth helps stop this too) and online food shopping as I have no self control when seeing things on sale.

Sweetcorn, onion, tomato, coriander (or preferred herb/spice mix) - shredded roast chicken (not a whole one!) on top.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Cooking different food for me/wife and the kids gets really hard to do.
Yeah tough work when the kids are little nuclear reactors that will burn anything they consume in an hour and then ask for more. The wife is also a genetic freak and does the same. Resting metabolism must be through the roof!

For me I try to avoid carbs. I'm not anti carbs or anything, I think they have their role in a balanced diet but solo cooked lunch is one of the few meals where I'm not eating something carb loaded like rice and pasta (kids faves). My lunch is usually a combination of:

- Pre made salad as a side, usually something pre made he day before and lasts 3-4 days, or fresh lettuce stuff.
- Air fryer veges or nukes veges from the day before
- Random stir fry veges with lentil fillers
- Protein of some sort.

So examples would be:
- Reheated pumkin with some fresh toasted pine nuts, some boiled peas and air fried salmon
- canned beans, chopped tomato, coriander, corn stir fried with mince chicken. Lots of spices to boot. (you can make this a bit of a mecixan style as well)
- Steak and veges (you know how this goes)
- Chicken and avo sandwich with leftover chicken roast bits shredded, pine nuts and avocado.

I think the trick is to try maximise the protein and veg component and then use beans to fill where possible and if not carb like bread or rice. Use lots of spices. Basically avoid carb where possible as this is the highest calorie/fullness ratio.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

I am 86kgs now down from 93kg when we were away in November. Errp.... Don't discount a good virus to help you shed weight either :D I would be happy to shave off a few more kgs and get back to my 20-30's fighting weight but will see, I have what feels like a hernia after being skewered by my handlebars after an OTB long ago. I don't want to do surgery since I'm a big nancy, so if I keep my weight down then I can keep it under control. I have an ulterior motive not to beef out too much.

The biggest contributor lately has been the change in diet being the new breakfast regime. Mrs has adopted a breakfast dish that seems to work well but is bit involved for the kitchen rank amateur hacks like myself. I am watching and taking notes being the general purpose kitchen minion gofer right now. I do feel great after having it for about 6 weeksnow and it seems to fill you up like a man shake or other goopy liquid diet drink will do.

Essentially, we go shopping for vegetables - leafy greenery, all sorts of harder root vegetables and some fruits. Don't have to overthink it too much but those are the core parts of it all. Once you get it home then it is all soaked for about an hour in water to clean it and then is packed away into the fridge or freezer in individual bags or fridge containers. You don't need that much of each as it makes quite a lot from not much volume. Good prep work makes it easier and I think is the key to getting it done quicker so you keep doing it. Still learning now.
  1. The root vegetables are anything grown in the ground, like daikon, pumpkin, finocchio, beetroot, onions or whatever else you can find. These are steamed in a frying pan with water. The vegetables are placed in a bowl which is place in the watery frying pan and steamed for about 10 minutes with enough soy milk to cover the most of the vegetables. Steamed just until they get a bit softer but not overdone that makes them too soft. Keep the now flavoured soy milk once done since it goes into the blender. Beetroot does help to keep it all smoother and tastier.
  2. The leafy greens, like spinach, beefstake leaves/shiso, beetroot leaves, broccoli, kale, red cabbage, or whatever you can find. These are put into bowl and poured with recently boiled water for about 30 seconds to one minute then fished out with tongs before they get too soft.
  3. Fruits and berries are put into a small bowl with some mixed nuts. Best to remove any fruit seeds where possible. A few slices of lime helps alot with taste. Not too much fruit since it can be pretty sugary.
  4. Boil an egg.
#1 to #3 are put into a blender / smoothy maker for one minute. Vegetables first, greenery second and fruits put in last on top. All of the soy milk and some of the hot water till the blender looks semi full. A porridgey goop looking thing be there once done. The blender takes about 1,7 litres for two bowls.

The side dish is yoghurt, perferably unflavoured greek yoghurt, 1/4 sliced tomato, pepita seeds, a boiled egg, a few fruits like blackberry, strawberry or raspberry, cherries, whatever you can find, etc, Just put them in a bowl and chop up into smaller bits with a knife or spoon. We add some wholemeal bread slices to spoon the yoghurt surprise mix onto and the rest o the yoghurt mix goes on top in the porridgey bowl. The fruits and egg add flavour. This one is not blended and just mixed up in bowl by hand.

The process itself isn't too hard but the number of ingredients and the organisation of when to do what hasn't got me comfortable yet but the waist line results are there now. After breakfast then I don't feel hungry at all till mid afternoon which is a win since I can give Pacman a run for his money some days. Lunch is whatever we like but we rarely eat dinner. Self control to avoid sneaky snacking is another test of character :D

All of this seems to be working well out so far much to my surprise. The ingredients are far cheaper than buying things from a supermarket too.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I am 86kgs now down from 93kg when we were away in November. Errp.... Don't discount a good virus to help you shed weight either :D I would be happy to shave off a few more kgs and get back to my 20-30's fighting weight but will see, I have what feels like a hernia after being skewered by my handlebars after an OTB long ago. I don't want to do surgery since I'm a big nancy, so if I keep my weight down then I can keep it under control. I have an ulterior motive not to beef out too much.

The biggest contributor lately has been the change in diet being the new breakfast regime. Mrs has adopted a breakfast dish that seems to work well but is bit involved for the kitchen rank amateur hacks like myself. I am watching and taking notes being the general purpose kitchen minion gofer right now. I do feel great after having it for about 6 weeksnow and it seems to fill you up like a man shake or other goopy liquid diet drink will do.

Essentially, we go shopping for vegetables - leafy greenery, all sorts of harder root vegetables and some fruits. Don't have to overthink it too much but those are the core parts of it all. Once you get it home then it is all soaked for about an hour in water to clean it and then is packed away into the fridge or freezer in individual bags or fridge containers. You don't need that much of each as it makes quite a lot from not much volume. Good prep work makes it easier and I think is the key to getting it done quicker so you keep doing it. Still learning now.
  1. The root vegetables are anything grown in the ground, like daikon, pumpkin, finocchio, beetroot, onions or whatever else you can find. These are steamed in a frying pan with water. The vegetables are placed in a bowl which is place in the watery frying pan and steamed for about 10 minutes with enough soy milk to cover the most of the vegetables. Steamed just until they get a bit softer but not overdone that makes them too soft. Keep the now flavoured soy milk once done since it goes into the blender. Beetroot does help to keep it all smoother and tastier.
  2. The leafy greens, like spinach, beefstake leaves/shiso, beetroot leaves, broccoli, kale, red cabbage, or whatever you can find. These are put into bowl and poured with recently boiled water for about 30 seconds to one minute then fished out with tongs before they get too soft.
  3. Fruits and berries are put into a small bowl with some mixed nuts. Best to remove any fruit seeds where possible. A few slices of lime helps alot with taste. Not too much fruit since it can be pretty sugary.
  4. Boil an egg.
#1 to #3 are put into a blender / smoothy maker for one minute. Vegetables first, greenery second and fruits put in last on top. All of the soy milk and some of the hot water till the blender looks semi full. A porridgey goop looking thing be there once done. The blender takes about 1,7 litres for two bowls.

The side dish is yoghurt, perferably unflavoured greek yoghurt, 1/4 sliced tomato, pepita seeds, a boiled egg, a few fruits like blackberry, strawberry or raspberry, cherries, whatever you can find, etc, Just put them in a bowl and chop up into smaller bits with a knife or spoon. We add some wholemeal bread slices to spoon the yoghurt surprise mix onto and the rest o the yoghurt mix goes on top in the porridgey bowl. The fruits and egg add flavour. This one is not blended and just mixed up in bowl by hand.

The process itself isn't too hard but the number of ingredients and the organisation of when to do what hasn't got me comfortable yet but the waist line results are there now. After breakfast then I don't feel hungry at all till mid afternoon which is a win since I can give Pacman a run for his money some days. Lunch is whatever we like but we rarely eat dinner. Self control to avoid sneaky snacking is another test of character :D

All of this seems to be working well out so far much to my surprise. The ingredients are far cheaper than buying things from a supermarket too.
Pumpkin ain't a root vegetable @Mr Crudley! o_O

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I'm swapping denser food to earlier in the day and eating light after work.

Spaghetti Bolognese -

The old saying, eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper, is an excellent mantra.

I don't follow it, but my eating methodology, which works perfectly for me, probably won't work for many here.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Yesterday I ate less f*cking food -

Weetbix and milk
Mushroom Omellete
Chicken and tomato roll
Bolognese (see earlier photo)

The above looks like a lot but it's still less than usual, especially as the bolognese was much smaller and I ate it at 4:30pm (last meal of the day), before I went to my second job (which involves being on my feet the whole time)

Now the hunger is kicking in but I'm pushing on until 10am - another omelette beckons!