Eating less f*cking food

Jpez

Down on the left!
Well it’s been about a week of good eating. No junk, no Maccas for rushed brekkie and I feel pretty good. Took good hydration and nutrition on my local laps today including poached chicken and coleslaw and some fruit.
it’s winch and plummet so I usually pass the car going through and I usually punch out a 1000m a ride. I like round numbers.
well made it a bit further than my usual 1k with a bit of trail maintenance thrown in.
I’m gonna say the healthy eating had a lot to do with it. I also wasn’t dead when I finished. I’d just had enough.
maybe there’s something to this after all!
IMG_0513.jpeg

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Well it’s been about a week of good eating. No junk, no Maccas for rushed brekkie and I feel pretty good. Took good hydration and nutrition on my local laps today including poached chicken and coleslaw and some fruit.
it’s winch and plummet so I usually pass the car going through and I usually punch out a 1000m a ride. I like round numbers.
well made it a bit further than my usual 1k with a bit of trail maintenance thrown in.
I’m gonna say the healthy eating had a lot to do with it. I also wasn’t dead when I finished. I’d just had enough.
maybe there’s something to this after all!
View attachment 406254
Solid flex

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Well couldn’t just go all out in the What did you do with your bike thread like a real wanker so covered it slightly in the new weird healthy eating frenzy everyone seems to have latched onto for a hot minute. :p
Good work :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Real mince?!? Now that's a tofu dish I can get behind

Damn right! Cheese too. For a country where quite a few people are Buddhists japan really hasn't embraced vegetarianism. Pork mince in this instance, but go with whatever animal you prefer I think. You could probably add maps tofu to the list as well. It caught one of my clients who is plant based (not a vegan though...) real good last year.

Needs to come with instructions

Find the right type of tofu, cut it like a bread roll, assemble like a sandwich, toast using your preferred method (this one was fried).

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Haven't been around here for a while but seems many other 'burners are in da club. 54 y.o. and 104 kgs here @ 190 cm. Was 96 at START of term 4 last year (16 weeks ago). Would really like to get <90 ( for first time in 20 years ..have def' said this before now). I find that for the last 20 odd years i have been either going up or down in weight, rarely hold a static weight for long.
Thyroid checked , regular blood tests as had major GI surgery 20 years ago which messed with digestion and nutritive uptake for a long time but seems to have improved with time. As a former chef i know stuff about food/ nutrition, but tend to focus on my 3 x teen kids wants and needs before my own. Tried fasting but that makes wife acerbic. I read somewhere that familial health strongly linked to father's health/ diet so quite conscious of drastic changes. I don't want my teen daughters to see food as the enemy ( anorexia, etc).
I ride a fair bit as well but mostly flat gravel/path stuff at an energetic pace. Even moving to foothills has seen not much increase in vertical metres. Too effing tired i s'pose after 300+ k commuting. Maybe i need an Ebike.

I will be trying something new this year and commute to work by car more often (2 or 3 a week) to try and get back on MTB during the week. I don't generally walk as knee cartilage tends to get majorly inflamed by excess walking. Doc has said keep riding and hold out as long as possible for surgery as promising stuff on horizon medically for knees.
I eat a fairly simple diet during school term ( holidays are much more bacchanalian) and will be back under 100 by term 1 end:
Wake up -water and black coffee - ride 1 hour 20 mins to work.
2 bananas- occasionally some rolled oats microwaved with banana mashed in. No sugar or dairy ( i can't do dairy after my surgery).
smoko- black coffee - fruit- sometimes 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt/muesli mix.
lunch 1 or 2 small tuna tins and 4 or 5 corn thins- occasionally salad as well.
Always a bag of carrot sticks/cucumber /celery/capsicum/snowpeas,etc in fridge for extras, sometimes a small tub of hommus ( 2 TB).
muesli /nut bars as emergency snacks. often 2-3 a week.
apple before ride home 1 hour 30 mins.
Don't drink sweetened fizzy drinks at all and will not drink booze M-F during term. Sodastream water with meals. Plenty of plain ol' tap water.

I think i am eating too much fruit (sugar) which causes hunger pangs when i get home and then i see the kids have left a box of Jatz on the bench... whilst i am cooking dinner. Definitely eat too much at end of day meal and eat too late. Garlic bread and Jatz are my nemesis.
Have started bulk cooking some kid favourites and freezing so i can just heat n serve much earlier this term.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Haven't been around here for a while but seems many other 'burners are in da club. 54 y.o. and 104 kgs here @ 190 cm. Was 96 at START of term 4 last year (16 weeks ago). Would really like to get <90 ( for first time in 20 years ..have def' said this before now). I find that for the last 20 odd years i have been either going up or down in weight, rarely hold a static weight for long.
Thyroid checked , regular blood tests as had major GI surgery 20 years ago which messed with digestion and nutritive uptake for a long time but seems to have improved with time. As a former chef i know stuff about food/ nutrition, but tend to focus on my 3 x teen kids wants and needs before my own. Tried fasting but that makes wife acerbic. I read somewhere that familial health strongly linked to father's health/ diet so quite conscious of drastic changes. I don't want my teen daughters to see food as the enemy ( anorexia, etc).
I ride a fair bit as well but mostly flat gravel/path stuff at an energetic pace. Even moving to foothills has seen not much increase in vertical metres. Too effing tired i s'pose after 300+ k commuting. Maybe i need an Ebike.

I will be trying something new this year and commute to work by car more often (2 or 3 a week) to try and get back on MTB during the week. I don't generally walk as knee cartilage tends to get majorly inflamed by excess walking. Doc has said keep riding and hold out as long as possible for surgery as promising stuff on horizon medically for knees.
I eat a fairly simple diet during school term ( holidays are much more bacchanalian) and will be back under 100 by term 1 end:
Wake up -water and black coffee - ride 1 hour 20 mins to work.
2 bananas- occasionally some rolled oats microwaved with banana mashed in. No sugar or dairy ( i can't do dairy after my surgery).
smoko- black coffee - fruit- sometimes 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt/muesli mix.
lunch 1 or 2 small tuna tins and 4 or 5 corn thins- occasionally salad as well.
Always a bag of carrot sticks/cucumber /celery/capsicum/snowpeas,etc in fridge for extras, sometimes a small tub of hommus ( 2 TB).
muesli /nut bars as emergency snacks. often 2-3 a week.
apple before ride home 1 hour 30 mins.
Don't drink sweetened fizzy drinks at all and will not drink booze M-F during term. Sodastream water with meals. Plenty of plain ol' tap water.

I think i am eating too much fruit (sugar) which causes hunger pangs when i get home and then i see the kids have left a box of Jatz on the bench... whilst i am cooking dinner. Definitely eat too much at end of day meal and eat too late. Garlic bread and Jatz are my nemesis.
Have started bulk cooking some kid favourites and freezing so i can just heat n serve much earlier this term.
Pure evil! ;)
1705547058379.png