Search results

1. T

Kindle 6" or 9.7"

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a Kindle, I'm undecided ont he 6" or 9.7". I know a few of you have purchased them on here, which one did you get and why?? Not overly fussed on price, so it's really just on ease of use. Is it more practical to go with the smaller one as it's easier to carry...
  2. T

Skipping front Chain Ring (the middle one)

Hey guys, I have just got my bike (08 Reign) back from a full service, in which I had a new XTR chain fitted. I've been for two rides now and my front chain ring is really causing me grief. It jumps out of the middle chainring (down to first) under load or over hard bounces.. I've done a...
  3. T

Manly Dam

Can anyone tell me if the dam is still closed, I was going to hit it on Saturday morning?
  4. T

25 basis point move up on interest rates

Ouch, but we all knew it was coming. Still it sucks that it costs more to live in a prospering economy is more than that of failing one!
  5. T

Manly Dam

I had my first ride at Manly Dam this morning in 5 months and I have to say I went from being a little disappointed at the "smoothing out" of a lot of lines in the front section (up from the school to a bit past the golf course), to very impressed with the work done on the last half. A big...
  6. T

Populate or Perish

I used to find the religous topics on here quite interesting and insightful, but for a fair while now they have just become condecending diatribes of people trying to force their opinion on others. I hope this doesn't go the same way. Back on topic I think it is a disgrace that a person of...
  7. T

A thought for a new seat post

The other day I was riding Manly Dam, and as most Sydneysiders know it is a reasonably various terrain type track (if that makes sense). You can have long fire trails and you can have semi technical areas too. I was thinking to myself on the way home it would be a lot better if I could adjust...
  8. T

Rudd government Home Saver Benefits

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/critics-let-fly-at-plan-for-firsthome-savers/2008/04/17/1208025380919.html An interesting artical on the problems with implementing this policy, unfortunatly it doesnt actually give any of the parameters of the policy. Does anyone actually know the maximum...
  9. T

All Post Whores be ware!!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22431672-2,00.html
  10. T

Big Brother housemate dies in China

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/big-brother-housemate-dies-in-china/2007/09/13/1189276890478.html I've got nothing to add, Just bringin' the news. Watch your back Johnny!
  11. T

deleted - Dicky or Oddjob to organise Saturday Ride

12. T

8am Manly Dam ride Sat the 11th

I'm going to head down to Manly Dam on Saturday morning for a leasurily couple of laps if any of you are interested.
  13. T

Manly Dam Saturday 28th July 8 am

Anyone keen for a couple of laps on Saturday Morning. I havent ridden in about a month or so, so I will be a bit slow. Cheers, Tony
  14. T

Ford factory closure

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/ford-closure-leaves-thousands-uncertain/2007/07/18/1184559839267.html Thousands more jobs could be at risk following today's announcement by Ford Australia that 600 workers will be sacked when the carmaker closes its Geelong engine plant. ACTU president...
  15. T

A question to ponder on WW2

I was discussing WW2 with someone the other day and the question came up about why Japan was fighting against the same enemy as the Nazi’s. Anyway we moved to the question of “what if” Japan had won the battle of the Pacific, and Germany the battle for Europe? Do you think the two would then...
  16. T

Manly Dam Ride - Sat 26th May 2007

Anyone keen for a couple of laps Saturday morning, 8am kickoff.
  17. T

Manly Dam -12th May 8am

It looks like Manly Dam will be open this Saturday. Is anyone interested in a 8 am Lap or two.
  18. T

Circular Quay Train Station is on fire.

I work in one of the buildings facing the quay and I just looked down to see the whole station bellowing out black smoke. It has been going for about 10 minutes now. I hope everyone is safe. If you catching a train into town today I'd avoid the city link.
  19. T

XC Race on Sunday 22nd April 2007, at Yellowmundee

Hey guys, I'm interested in competing in this weeks XC race at WSMTB Club on Sunday. I've checked the WSMTB site, but I can't find a time sheet for the races. Does anyone know what divisions are running and the kick-off times? Cheers, Tony EDIT : Also MWMTB Club website has the...
  20. T

Front Shock Oil

A quick question for you smart farkers! I was adjusting the pressure in my front shock the other day. I have a 06 Reign 0 – the fork is a Fox something or other (I hope I haven’t baffled you with technical talk). I was looking to release some air pressure and I found the air valve...