Search results

1. shore_2

Shin pads

New to bike trials and there's a LOT to learn. Unfortunately my shins and legs are looking a little second hand Thanks to my lovely sharp pedals. What are the best lower leg guards?
  2. shore_2

What to do dhx air on trance

Boost valve can hits on the downtube! Pulling my hair out.
  3. shore_2

2014 fox 32 140 talas problem and questions.

My 2014 fox 32 140mm on my trance 1 only seems to have 130mm of travel. Also when I release all the air pressure the fork pulls itself down and is very hard to lift up. Does that fork have an air negative spring I need to empty? Or is it a coil spring?
  4. shore_2

NPWS ranger powers

Not that i condone the following activity it's just a question. If i was on my MTB and accidentally rode a trail i wasn't meant to and got pulled up by a NPWS ranger what powers do they actually have to: Arrest, detain and make you give them your information. What stops you just fobbing them...
  5. shore_2

Calories burned fit vs fat

Does a fit regular rider burn the same amount of energy as someone out of shape who has never ridden? I know the fitter you are the more efficiently you use your stored energy. I'm just wondering say a regular rider and someone who never rides burn the same amount of energy over a set...
  6. shore_2

Crashing on public road "nominal defendant"

I am wondering if anyone has any advice or experience regarding crashing on a public road. This happened to a friend of mine. While heading out for a road ride he was following a car down a hill at approx 60-70km/h. For one reason or another the truck slammed on it's brake's. This caused my...
  7. shore_2

Sydney velodrome

I am interested in doing some track riding in Sydney. I want to have a go before i consider racing. Does anyone know where there are any other velodrome besides Dunc Gray? I heard that there are a few outdoor tracks.
  8. shore_2

Broken wrist

I recently broke my wrist amongst other injuries during a recent jumping session gone wrong. I today recieved the news news that my pisiform bone is not healing properly and will have to be removed. I am a bit anxious about this operation because bones are there for a reason, right??? and they...
  9. shore_2

RS Recon

I just bought some RS Recon 351 forks for my NS Streetlegal and want to lower the travel to 80mm. Will this lower the axle to crown measurement of the fork? Or will it just reduce the travel? They also came without the rebound adjust knob is this normal? Is anyone else using these forks? Any...
  10. shore_2

Drop off comps

I have been having trouble recently getting the bottom bearing of my headset tight and not having an even margin where the two faces meet. Today i decided to pull the forks out and have a look and to my amazement the steerer was bent where it meets the crown. These forks have had very little use...
  11. shore_2

Dj forks q/r axle

What: Dirt jump forks wanted, shermans, Dj series, or gold labels. Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on what's on offer Location: Southerland shire, Sydney Extra Info: Must be q/r front axle, I am also considering rigid forks.
  12. shore_2

24'' rigid forks

What: Cromo rigid forks, 24'' specific as i want to keep the front of the bike low. Price range/Willing to Pay: $100 but depends on whats on offer Location: Southern Sydney Extra Info: Aiming for as shorter axle to crown length as possible. They also need to be strong as i am gaing to be...
  13. shore_2

24'' Wheelset, Crankset

What: 24'' front wheel, Marzocchi D street 24'' specific forks. Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on the parts on offer. Location: Southerland shire, Sydney Extra Info: Don't want anything broken or too knocked around.
  14. shore_2

24'' Template

Template......
  15. shore_2

Horizontal dropout problem

I just purchased a NS street legal, the frame feels awsome. I am having problems with the horizontal dropouts though. Whenever i brake it pulls the disk side of the dropouts back, making the wheel run at an angle. I have done the side locknuts up and it still slips back, it is only a problem...
  16. shore_2

Single speed vs Gears

I am moving on from my STP to a cromo DJ style frame and am considering going the single speed option. My BMX is single speed and i love it but i only ever use it for park and DJ. I am concerned that single speed may destroy the versatility a tool like a MTB has, has anyone else found this, does...
  17. shore_2

4 cross

I went to homebush 4 cross today expecting big things and once again i was disapointed. I may be on my own here but i just don't find 4 cross very fun to free ride on (prob would be more fun to race on though). On my way home from the track i stopped off at some well know sydney dirt jumps and...
  18. shore_2

Hayes bleeding

Having massive complications bleeding my hayes hfx breaks, can't seem to get it right. Does anyone know the procedure?
  19. shore_2

The power

It seams that farkin has a pretty strong network of mountainbikers. Does anyone have any ideas of how to harness this power to put pressure on political organisations or councils to open riding areas and possibly create a mountainbike park or something.