Search results

1. user name

Road parts - Shifters, bars etc.

Hi, I recently picked up a Cannondale CAD3 for cheap, but its got aero bars which are terrible (for me anyway). What im chasing is any combo of the following: Road drops 26mm clamp, 2X8 STI shifters/brake levers, brake levers only, possibly even 2x8 downtube shifters. Willing to...
  2. user name

STOLEN - GT Power Series XL - Blacktown, NSW

Bike: 2004 GT Power series XL, BMX Race bike Colour: Navy Metallic Blue, Yellow highlights. Date it was stolen: 13/6/2012 Where it was stolen: Entrance way to Officeworks Blacktown. They looked at the security footage of the theft and descibed the crook of "African apperance" about 15 years old...
  3. user name

Road Crankset?

So my old school roadies crankset gave up the ghost today (well and truly) the big ring was bent a little for a while and finaly folded over today right at the point the right leg lays down the goods. So im thinking that these might do the trick, given the a) price and b) possible use of...
  4. user name

[FOUND] Derailleur hanger & Presta Valve adapter - Oaks Single track.

As per title of the tread. found this afternoon while banging down the track, was wrapped with electrical tape in clear plastic. PM me with a description & i will fire back with a pic! Cheers.
  5. user name

Rear Wheel - Advice

So i picked up a rough rigid mongoose hardtail today too keep me busy building somthing. Anyway the rear wheel is rooted, about 7 spokes are broken at the J-hook and the rim is well and truly flat-spotted in multiple places(single wall of course)... the hub seems ok. So the advice i require...
  6. user name

WTB: Old Mountain bike 90-somthing or early '00 model

Hi guys im keen on picking up an older complete hardtail mountain bike. Im open to all offers but my main budget is sub $100.00. Extra dollars for fluro paint schemes and things like biopace groupos!!! m keeping an eye out on fleabay and the like buy Farkiners tend to have wilder machines...
  7. user name

Mid 90's Diamond Back MTB (Topanga, Axis Pro, etc)

Hi Rotor Burners. What im looking to get a hold of is a mid 90's Diamondback mtb. Something like a Topanga or better. My specific WTB arises because my first Mountain bike was an old 21 speed Topanga, it had an awesome paint job, black frame with crazy purple splashes all over it. It was cool...
  8. user name

Bottle Cages?

Ok, so i have a new bike (Cell xc-2) which is awesome apart for one minor niggle so far. No mounts for a bottle cage which id really like for shorter loops around home etc. So far i have a had few thoughts on my options; Option 1; Drill the frame and use Riv-nuts to attach a cage. (concern...
  9. user name

Brake Rub. Solutions?

Hello Fellow riders. I Have a new bike and its running Avid Juicy 3 brakes they work good. But every time i remove the wheels (9mm QR if it helps on a Cell xc-2) to clean the bike or the like...it seems once ive re-installed the wheels on the bike the brakes rub.. this isn't a huge deal but...
  10. user name

Does anyone know about this online store? www.agusani.com?

Hi there i was browsing the web tonight for a possible new MTB and found this website - www.agusani.com an Indonesian bike store... Their Prices are (in my opinion) either (a) at cost or (b) fake or (c) really good value... like half the price of Aussie retaliers. My question is, Has...
  11. user name

The Police Trail Raid

About 3 months ago at our DJs in some local council owned bushland:: Myself and 10 others were all there having a dig, then i went out to my car with two other guys to get some shovels / food we see a convoy of cars driving down the street.... As the cars get closer we soon learn that they're...
  12. user name

Lawson Skatepark (Blue Mountains)

Just some shots of a few dif riders there... By me Rory. Mark. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2064/2179534847_352f3df569_b.jpg Ern. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2357/2179533897_d31dc2e88e_b.jpg Bry. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2411/2179531605_a677133a96_b.jpg Keeg's...
  13. user name

SWAP Norco Team Trials Frame for XC Frame

Hi fellas iam currently looking to swap my Norco Team Trials (Frame Only) for a XC frame of either equivilant value or worth. The Frame is consturcted from Reynolds 853 tubing, their grade below titanium. This frame frame is in reasonable condition for its age but it does have one major...
  14. user name

Design and Technology Project.

Im in yr11 now and im doing D&T, i have been asked to think of something to make for my HSC project..i have had a few thoughts on what to make but i cant really decide on them.. I think a Dual front disk brake system for mtbs would be quite sick...but i realise i would nee forks to match, thus...
  15. user name

Brakes

was just thinking, Could anyone get ove the fact the your brakes might squeal or not work as well a MTB's but can we all get over it? I mean really..could you read any other threads and realise that you can find out what you need else where?
  16. user name

Orange Ms.Isle, How much?

Just putting the feelers out for friend here. Would anyone on this site be interested in buying a complete 2000 model Orange MsIsle? with out knowing all the spec's but i can tell you it has Z series Marzocchi forks, and a real beast chain guide, etc. Im imagneing it would be best suited...
  17. user name

My "Big Bike"

dont know if you've seen my bike before...
  18. user name

SCUBA Diving

I was just wondering if any one on Farkin here has been SCUBA'ing or is interested in SCUBA diving?? My Story: In the middle of last term at School i went on camp. This camp was soo uber, because we learnt to dive, and from this camp we are all acredited open water divers to 40M. since our...
  19. user name

SOLD-please move

Item: 2005 DMR TrailBlade Rigids Location:Blue Mountains, will post at buyers arangement Item Condition:Used, Good, Minor Scratches. Reason for selling:Unused. no longer nessecary Price and price conditions:$120 O.N.O Extra Info:High Quality 4130 cromolly fork with head bolt insert and disk...
  20. user name

Blue Mountains Jumps

Here's an update of whats been going on up here...enjoy Rory.