Search results

1. R

Quiver - Demo 8/Stumpy Evo/P.3/Crave

I got a bit of inspiration from seeing Max87's collection of Yetis, so I thought I would share my own quiver of bikes. 2014 Specialized Demo 8 Alloy I Stock spec apart from; - Deemax Ultimates running tubeless - Renthal Fatbars 38s - XT Brakes - RT86 Rotors - Crankbrothers Mallet DHs 2014...
  2. R

Specialized Crave Pro

I'm normally more into the DH/AM/Dirtjump side of things, but in the last year or so I have been doing quite a bit of XC (a few XCO races, 4hr, 6hr, 12hr etc) aboard a borrowed Niner Jet 9 and Specialized Epic. I am doing the Cape to Cape (a 4 day 220km stage race) at the end of October, so I...
  3. R

SOLD - POC Trabec Trail/AM/Enduro/Bicycling Helmet

Item: Poc Trabec helmet size M/L blue. Item Condition: Only a few rides old, never hit the ground. Extra Info: Really comfy helmet to wear, I am only selling it as it does not fit the particular type of glasses I have when combined with my big ears. The blue looks way more awesome than it does...
  4. R

Mt Buller National Round Help

Ahoy, Looking at coming over from the west for the Buller national round in January. Need to fill in a few blanks, hoping those who have done it before/are locals can help out with some local knowledge. Looking at flying to Tullamarine, anyone know of a good transfer to Mt Buller for...
  5. R

My quiver of bicycles.

This is what I take my pick from when I go for a bicycle ride. Downhill - Norco Aurum. They come out of the box so dialled all I did was put a set of ODI grips on it, cleaned up the cable routing and put some bigger pedal pins in. All Mountain/Trail/XC - Avanti Torrent. This...
  6. R

Summer on the hardtails.

Now the DH season is over and the hardtails and trailbikes have come out I have been getting really keen to get behind the lens and try my hand at taking some photos. These are my first go, taken on my partners D90 and cropped/levels adjusted in photoshop. Constructive critisism welcome to help...
  7. R

Lights for Endurance Racing.

Had a bit of a search around for info on lights, and am now confused. Unforunately, most of the threads I found regarding rechargable lights were from 06/07, so none of the links worked and I am assuming with the pace of technology, all the info is now outdated anyway! I know nothing about...
  8. R

National Super D - Perth.

As part of the XC national round at the Goatfarm in Perth in November there is a Super D race on. Anyone coming over to race it?
  9. R

Feedback on M9/951/2011 Demo's/Polygon.

Starting to do some thinking about a new race bike for next season, and weighing up a few options. Chasing some feedback on a few bikes from those that own them, or have spent serious time on them. Currently riding an 09 Demo medium with a Vivid Air. 575 theoretical TT. 64 HA. 14.5" BB...
  10. R

Wrist Braces.

Who has used one before? After injuring my wrist several times I have decided to get a wrist brace. Ordered up a 661 wrist wrap and got it today. Found that it wraps right around the palm, and is in the way of gripping the bars. Not ideal. Can't really get a glove on over it too. Would...
  11. R

STOLEN (WA) Rockingham Cycle City Robbed!

Last night (Saturday 21st of May) Rockingham Cycle City was broken into. The offenders were three Aboriginal men aged between 15 and 25 years. The stole the following: - Scott Voltage FR30. A white Scott dual suspension Freeride bike...
  12. R

All Mountain - Avanti Torrent.

All Mountain. I wanted a bike that could get to the top of a hill under its own steam, but could hit rockgardens and roadgaps on the way down. This is what I got. Went out and bought a brand new Avanti Torrent 1. $2399rrp, can't go wrong! Straight out of the box and into the stand it...
  13. R

West Oz Downhill 2010 - My Perspective.

This is the WA downhill season of 2010 as I saw it, I've got a load of snaps so I will just continue to add more when I get to it, but for now; Team Emu Export practising/posing hard at an Albany clubbie; The pride of Dwellingup Ben Bell shredding; The rutted, braking bump...
  14. R

Boxxer Technical Manuals - Where Are They?

Just went to look on the Rockshox site for the MY10 service manual, and they aren't there? Perhaps my eyes are not working on me, but it seems all they have now are tuning guides and bushing installation for 06-09. Does anyone have a link to the service manual for the MY10 forks? Or if not...
  15. R

Aftermarket Shocks - CCDB, Bos?

I've been considering a few shock options and would like to hear some feedback from people that have actually ridden the shocks that I am looking at. The two shocks I had in mind are the Cane Creek Double Barrel and the Bos Stoy. Rockshox and Fox don't really interest me, and Elka just...
  16. R

Electric Bike.

Old man is really keen on electric bikes, so we thought that we would build one that isnt as nanna as most on the market. Picked up a few bits off friends and used some old parts I had in my workshop, spec ended up as: Norco A-line frame. DHX3. Boxxer Teams. Avid Codes. Sunline V1...
  17. R

DH I will save you the greif of a stupin pun involving the word "Demo".

Done some shiz to my Demo to prep it for State Champs. Demo 8. DHX5. Boxxer Teams. FSA headset. Hadley Hubs. DT Comp's. DT Brass nip's. 823's. Tubeless Minions. Saint calipers and levers. Hope braided hose. XT alloy cored rotors. Saint cranks. LG1+. E13...
  18. R

Transition TOP.

Or kitchen? Had my NS built up with a really street oriented build, and to be honest I am just over riding on concrete and wanted more of an all round hardtail. So I picked up this frame from Sparkie, changed the spec a little and here she is... Transition TOP frame. Argyle...
  19. R

Clueless Trials Thread.

So, out of the blue I bought a mod trials bike today. I haven't had much to do with trials in a long time, so I thought a thread for those not in the know would be a good idea to benifit myself and others. The bike I bought is a Koxx Tricks. Has Magura rimbrakes on it, which are nice and...
  20. R

Help Identifying Old Roadbike.

Just chasing some help identifying an old roadbike I own. I have been searching for a long time, and have asked many people and looked at many websites without finding an answer! The bike looks like this; It has internal cable routing down the toptube. Shimano Biopace with a 105 rear...