Search results

1. Nmag

FOUND [NSW] Garmin - near Hornsby - 20 October 2019 - Jason

Do you know Jason? "Garmin Cycle Computer in the middle of the Pacific Highway yesterday near Asquith. After digging into the info, the user had just ridden OMV, his name is Jason, he was born in 1971, is 173 cm tall and weighs 96kg. " If you know Jason, can you please get him to message...
  2. Nmag

[NSW] March Sun 17 - Hornsby OMV event

This Sunday at Old Mans Valley (Hornsby Mountain Bike Trails). Social rides, demos, dirt jumps, prizes and giveaways. https://www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/lifestyle/sports-and-recreation/biking/mountain-bike-trail
  3. Nmag

[OMV - Hornsby NSW] Organised Sports Want to Take Our Trails

It appears the development of Hornsby Quarry and Old Man's Valley into a recreational facility may jeopardise trail network we have ALL worked so hard for. Please share the following video, and encourage all in support of mountain bike riding to make comment in the video comments section...
  4. Nmag

[NSW] Stringy Bark Ridge - Sydney

The information session for this potential venue (1 of 3) is: 11am Saturday 5th November 2011 Stringybark Ridge, Schofield Parade, Pennant Hills Per: http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/parkmanagement/NorthernSydneyMtBProgram.htm This possible future facility is surrounded by high youth...
  5. Nmag

Bench Seat

Did this sketch for something and I think it looks cute. a bench seat for a mountain bike pocket park. Doubles as a technical feature that an average rider could have a go at. The longer, wider, and lower the easier.
  6. Nmag

Example Safe Work Method Statement (JSA) for Design and Build of Jump/Pump Track

Somebody asked for this so I figured best to share it as a resource. It's not perfect but it's a good start. This facility didn't get the upgrade we were hoping for as the NIMBY'S made a huge fuss by contacting ministers etc etc. It's in a pretty quiet remote street so maybe the location was not...
  7. Nmag

Short Vid of Yellomundee

http://youtu.be/i6VOJviIlwg Nice trail-flow, without the steep upgrades. Thanks WSMTB! PS: Whats the best place for hamburgers etc in Richmond? We went to the Chinese seafood shop next to Red Chicken. Chips and scallops were pretty good, hamburgers, not too bad. Any recommendations?
  8. Nmag

Man Arrested for Building Dirt Jump on Harbour Bridge

A man was arrested today for building a dirt jump on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The man was stopped by police while working on the approach. The police arrested the man and carted him away. The man was heard yelling "But I need to fix the lip!", "Get some water", and "Wait till the transition...
  9. Nmag

Good Legal XC Riding near Mornington Peninsula VIC?

What are some of the best legal XC trails within 1-2 hours drive from Domana? I'm in Sydney and am thinking of taking XC bike when visiting a friend around that way...
  10. Nmag

My Account of Learning to Ride Pump Tracks

This thread is going to be a bit of a log for my learning of riding pump tracks. I will be scouring this forum for posts with tips etc. So it's not like it's a 'how do i pump thread', but if people want to chuck a tip in I won't complain. First, a bit about about me: Grew up on bikes as a kid...
  11. Nmag

NSW [Northern Sydney] Pump Track - Want to be involved in the build?

Join: http://hsmba.info/user/register and send an email to HSMBA with a subject such as "yes to pump track" if you are willing to help design/build/maintain it. Unlike the photo below, dirt is involved. Cheers!
  12. Nmag

Advocacy Alert Northern Sydney - Please Support Hornsby Trails Consultation Process

Please "Bang the Table" and comment and/or vote on some of the pro mountain bike comments: www.bangthetable.com/oldmansvalleyhornsby We want MTB incorporated more within the design. We need a MTB link to go from Hornsby, down to the Fire Trails in the valley. This is THE ideal location to get...
  13. Nmag

FOUND [NSW] - Westleigh - Shwin?

Saw a message on a noticeboard at Westleigh shops "Found Mens Mountain Bike". Phone number is on there. I rang it and they said it's a Shwinn (sp?) black and silver or something and looks new. Was dumped in some bush. I'd possibly dump it in the bush too instead of be seen riding it.. but it...
  14. Nmag

I want to watch some live 4X races

When and where in Sydney can I go and watch a 4X race? Northern end of Sydney even better. Got any links to a calendar? or is the season over? Thanks!
  15. Nmag

The Volcano Concept

It's good to dream.. All I need is several million dollars and it could become a reality. Do you have a few lazy millions so we can buy some land and build it? We can charge people to ride it and once we have enough $ we could replace the timber ramp with a chairlift, or tunnel to the centre...
  16. Nmag

Support the building of XC Single Track in Northen Sydney

http://www.farkin.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164504 HSMBA is capturing various disciplines, however XC and 'recreational single track' is in with a really good chance. Please help by registering, and submitting your trail ideas for Northern Sydney by April 1st 2009. From HSMBA Website...
  17. Nmag

NSW [Northern Sydney] HSMBA Invites Trail Ideas

The first HSMBA Newsletter has been sent to approximately 300 registered members. The Newsletter invites trail ideas AND requests all members to encourage another 1 or 2 friends to register with HSMBA. Please submit trail ideas by April 1st 2009 to info@hsmba.info. There are various ways you can...
  18. Nmag

NSW Lets have a Hornsby Shire Pump Track

Well I think a pump track would be great. I'm interested to hear from anybody who has good info relating to the design of a pump track. Especially if somebody in the area has a real passion for a pump track in particular or if there have been decent pump tracks previously built. Would be good...
  19. Nmag

Gladstone or Maroochydore XC Trails

Hi, I'll be flying to Gladstone and Maroochydore for work in March. I can spend a day at one (only) of these places and check out the trails while there. Which place (Gladstone or Maroochydore) has a better network of XC Trails? Thanks for your info and help.
  20. Nmag

Are the Gap Creek Trails good?

Anybody have a link to a trail map? Thinking of taking the bike next time I fly to Brisbane. They look great in the photos etc I could find on the net. Scroll down for some photos: http://www.mtbdirt.com.au/home/index.php?Itemid=112&id=97&option=com_content&task=view Eg: In here...