Search results

1. G

recommend me an interesting commuter

I have been going through similar bikes, but decided on taking a 29er SS MTB frame, installing an alfine 11 and some carbon forks. With tubless rims and discos its going to come very close to the same 2K budgit your looking at. Should be picking her up Friday! Can't wait! Look into it...
  2. G

Heyfield & District Community Bank - Blores Hill 6 Hour Enduro - WRAP UP!

I'm starting to get excited! From all reports the track is looking fine and I know it's been too long since I've been there! No doubt I will have a crew exploring the area sat arvo if anyone else is keen.
  3. G

Cargo Bikes

I know the guys selling these, apparently they ride just like a normal bike... Just really heavy! http://www.cargocycles.com.au/
  4. G

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Have been playing with the Lelit combi for a couple of months now, has taken a lot of getting used to but now I'm making better coffee at home than I can get down the street... Awesome machine! Very happy with its performance!
  5. G

New Elixir 5 problems

Is your axle tight? Had similar problems with my juicys and it was as simple as tightening the cones.
  6. G

Crank brothers Candy fail

Purchased new and will be talking to the LBS when I can... Yes there are bearings, sealed on the outside and a needle roller on the inside. Bike has done one wet ride with these peds, but was fine the week after. No high pressure water, just slowly running and clean the bike with a brush...
  7. G

Crank brothers Candy fail

Just wondering how many other people out there are having troubles with Crank brothers pedals. My set of Acids seized in no time and to keep them running it was getting to a point where I was re-building them after every second ride. I contacted the manufacturer but sadly their response was...
  8. G

what tyre ???

No tyre will be ideal for every track, depends on where you plan to ride and the conditions... Ask your Mum for some money and go into your LBS and ask them what everyone uses.
  9. G

reflective tape

Spotlight? Supercheap? Boating shops?
  10. G

Juicy 3 VS. Funn drop out.

I would be taking it back to them, if they stuffed something up during a service its on them.... Does fluid flow out the calliper when you pump the lever? If not it could just be contamination. Put the discs in your Mum's dishwasher, install new pads and away you go. But on a side note...
  11. G

Juicy 3 VS. Funn drop out.

Just blow a seal or a bit more serious? Never played with Funn stuff.... Have you considered other makes? I'm loving my Elixers at the moment...
  12. G

First Aid kits and Mountainbiking.

I'm liking this kit! Should be small enough to keep on the bike or in my pack... I think that anything is better than nothing, and by the time 4 mates get together with their gear we should be able to get someone out. Might add the space blanket menitoned earlier seeing that winter is...
  13. G

First Aid kits and Mountainbiking.

After a couple of big crashes, one on the XC machine and the other on the DH sled, I got thinking that I really don't carry anything should I need to patch up myself or another rider when we are hours from anywhere. Nor does anyone I ride with. As such I am putting together a simple pack that I...
  14. G

Mt Baw Baw Build and Ride Weekend

Sounds like someone had a bad day.... Hug a tree at speed and now can't ride? Sucks to be you....
  15. G

I believe there are still spots, people just need to inform GMTB before Wednesday to book their place! Just remember, many hands make light work... and the sooner the work gets done the sooner we get to ride!
  16. G

If its anything like last year it will be a great weekend! Many coming?
  17. G

any light and reliable tube?

Latex tubes are lighter and are said to be better for punctures, but have never bothered trying to find them for the MTB... Available for road bikes, but at a premium...($$$)
  18. G

Crank Brothers egg beater pedals

I have used a number of CB pedals and am in need of one more set. Eggbeaters, Acids, Candys and Smartys. Eggbeaters have been excelent, Candys are great, Smartys lasted one ride and the Acids I have had nothing but trouble with! (when I explained my concerns Crank brothers told me to re-build...
  19. G

Brakes???

Someone correct me if im wrong, but what about the 5s? Aren't they 7s without the adjustment? I currently run them (5s) on a XC and a Freeride bike. Plenty of power for me with an 8 inch disc...
  20. G

Spinergy Spox - Flexible Spokes

I have Spynergy wheels on my hard tail, lighter and stiffer than the wheels that came with the bike and to date have yet to buckle them. Picked up a stick on the last ride about an inch thick, broke it against the frame in two spots and the wheel is still true. The lateral stiffness of a...