Search results

1. Chrispy

Sold Fire Eye 'Fire Sky'

Item: Fire Eye steel dirt jump bike 'Fire Sky' model. Single speed. 26 inch, 2010 Location: Bronte, Sydney Item Condition: Very Good Reason for selling: Too many bikes and not enough cash. Also, not using. Price and price conditions: $650 o.n.o Extra Info: I built this up but never got into...
  2. Chrispy

Long live nine speed

And with new stuff coming out...
  3. Chrispy

FOUND Hollowtech II Crank 175mm

Wanted - any hollowtech II crankset or just drive side crank arm and spider - 104 and 64 bcd Jetstar bent my spider :( sydney Under $100 Come on - gotta be somthing in that parts box!
  4. Chrispy

Don't get busted with a rear rack over your plate...NSW law...

Heading North up the F3 on the weekend, and saw another car getting a ticket. If your bike on your rear rack in any way blocks your number plate - YOU HAVE TO ORDER, BUY AND USE AN RTA PLATE - no, all those lovely hand lettered signs do not count and they can fine you big time if you don't have...
  5. Chrispy

Front derailleur range - which has the biggest?

I've got a lovely aus made steel frame tandem that's doing lots of work getting kids around at the moment - but the xtr front derailleur does not have enough range to allow me to get into the small cog - limit screw backed right out - cable loose. I've tried adjusting at the other end, but then...
  6. Chrispy

Mechanics - how far should a screw reach?

OK - so I've not my nice new Titus El Guapo frame - assembled it up - and two of the bolts connecting the shock yolk to the upper stays seem a bit short...the've got six mil of penetration into the stay, which does not seem like enough to me. I realise that the shock (and mountings) takes the...
  7. Chrispy

El Guapo - Let's build 'em up nice

A few of us bought a Titus El Guapo for the nice price of US$999, so now we get to build em up. I though I'd start this thread to compare notes and help each other out. For starters we're going to need shocks, as the frame does not come with one. I'm going for a light build, and the Monach...
  8. Chrispy

Anyone got oldschool xtr bb: 950 or 952?

Please check your old parts box - I'm trying to find an old bottom bracket to fit my really nice old xtr cranks - must be either 950 or 952 - with a 116 spindle length...Octalink V1 is the only thing that will fit and I can't find it anywhere....thanks for looking...
  9. Chrispy

Mt Annan - take the kids

Took my 10 and 8 year olds to the new Mt Annan 'Enduro Track' and they had a ball. It's just off the M5 near Campbelltown at the Botanic Garden, and entry is now free. Start getting the sprogs into it and you'll find a lot more ride time coming your way later on.
  10. Chrispy

headset technical...

i was lucky enough to pick up a tandem mtb, and am trying to work out the size of the headset. It takes one and one eighth forks, but the headset does not fit that size headset, or a chris king devolution (1-1/8" fork in a 1-1/4" frame) which seems common on tandems and I'm bummed about...
  11. Chrispy

DT Onyx or Magura rear Old hub

Looking for any old DT or Magura hubs...for parts...apparently Magura don't provide hub parts here any more Item: Magura rear hub Location:syd Price range/Willing to Pay:not a lot - looking for old or broken for parts Extra Info:i think onyx and magura comp are the same hub
  12. Chrispy

Wisemans - Great North Road Sunday 18 May

I'm going a full day ride from Wisemans ferry - you're welcome to come - meet at the ferry carpark: Type of Ride: Epic Date & Time: Sunday 18 May, meet 8.00AM for 8.20AMdeparture. Where: Great Old North Road Meet Location: Wisemans Ferry, carpark next to the ferry stop, on the kiosk side...
  13. Chrispy

---->> Sydney Critical Mass turns 10! <<----

---->> Sydney Critical Mass turns 10! <<---- 5:30pm Friday 29 July Yes, 10 years since the first bunch of cyclists took to reclaim the streets of Sydney during Friday peak-hour traffic. Come and celebrate with us this month as we recreate the original ride in full dress-up...