Search results

1. G

Training programmes

Just researching a little as to wether a training programme is all worth it or not. I'm talking about one that a coach will design for you to make you a better, fitter and faster rider?????
  2. G

What would you pay???

Just wandering what you would pay/offer someone who has a 2003 santa cruz heckler?????
  3. G

Santa cruz heckler

Just wondering what would be a good price to offer someone for a santa cruz heckler frame and it is a 2003 model????
  4. G

bike trouble

Hi not sure if anyone can help or have any idea. I have had my mtb for a little over 6mths and about 2 months into owning it the chain kept slipping. I took it to the LBS and was told that I needed a new chain as it had worn. So I paid for a new chain with no complaints stupid me. Now I take it...
  5. G

Credit card debt

So I had a look at our credit card and we have a debt of $19,000 with only a couple of hundred left to use. I am sure that the bank will get that with their interest rates. Yes I am stressed out knowing that my husband ( who is an interstate truck driver) is going to stress even more than me and...
  6. G

What to do?

I often take my 3yr old son out for a ride on the bike and he usually sits in a baby seat on the back of the bike. Lately when I am trying to get him into the seat he starts to scream and becomes histerical. Once you start riding he is fine but hangs on for grim death and no he has not come of...
  7. G

loop the lake

Is their anyone here doing the loop the lake this year. I am considering doing this ride but have only been riding for around 6mths. Can roughly do around 20- 30k/h and not sure wheather to do the full loop or just the 16km loop.
  8. G

what options do I have; Bringing my boy along for the ride.

I have a 3yr old son and just of late he does not want to sit in the baby seat anymore, he screams and becomes histerical like he has had a crash on the bike or something. Only thing is that he always comes ridding with me and we have not had any crashes... Not sure wheather to look at a...
  9. G

feeling sick not sure why?????

The last two days I have been out riding with a group just a nice easy pace on flat roads maybe a couple of little hills but nothing much. When I have been finished riding and getting on the train I am feeling really sick. I start to feel dizzy light headed and nauseous. I just can't understand...
  10. G

Riding while pregnant

Just wandering who here has ridden their bike while being pregnant??? Hubby has asked about having another baby and I am not sure when I want one on one hand I would have one just that I have started to ride the bike and am enjoying it and wanting to get better and faster but I am 30 turning 31...
  11. G

beating those dam hills???

I have been riding for a while now and I still get puffed out on the hills. How did you train to conquer the hills and get up them without puffing and looking like the hill was soo easy to do???????
  12. G

My first incident

I had my first little incident this morning. As I was happily riding along a quiet street a young P plater was walking to his car and saw me coming along got into his car and decided to pull out at me. So as not having a bell a yelled out to him HEY and he yelled back thats why you should not be...
  13. G

What is the difference????????

Silly question but I know nothing and would like to know what the difference is between a $500 bike and say a $2000 HT bike that is besides the better gear on the bike???? Does it go faster than the $500 HT bike??? Or is their not much difference at all????
  14. G

hardtail or dually?????

What do you prefer to ride hardtail or dually for XC racing and why?????
  15. G

Speed

Just wandering if you can remember when you first started riding what your speed use to be and how long until you got faster????
  16. G

Times a week

Hi all, just wandering how many times a week do you train on both road and MTB plus how many km's are you doing and how long does it take you?????
  17. G

55 km's

Just wandering for a person that has only been riding for a couple of months, would a 55km's ride be too much for one to do???????
  18. G

Roadie V MTB

Who here also rides a MTB????? And how often do you ride either bike?????/
  19. G

Sponsorships????

Do some bike shops have sponsorships for cyclists? I know that the BMXers get a sponsorship with some of their local bike shops and they get a $2500 bike and all they pay is something like $900 which also gives them the racing gear as well. If they do what is it that I need to do???????
  20. G

New to XC

Hi my name is Nadeen and I am going to do a XC race next month. Yesterday I went and watched the XC racing and just loved it. So I am going to do a day pass and have a go on the track. As I am not very close to any trails where I live I was just wondering what my options and starting point would...