Search results

1. H

Ultegra Di2 - confirmed, first look

Pricing is rumoured to be about 10-15% less then Dura-ace mechanical. Therefore if you pick it up from the UK you'd be looking at about 1100-1200 pounds. The question is whether that includes the full groupset ie. cranks, brakes & BB or just the Di2 parts.
  2. H

Speedplay pedals

Done 5000km on mine, won't ever go back to SPD-L or similar. Def get the covers and take them on your rides if you get off a lot(i.e coffee shops). Cleats need replacing every 5000km or so, I am about to replace mine. Pedals and cleats also need regular cleaning and lubing, but it's a small...
  3. H

Requesting Google Earth Update for Stromlo

The google image is March 09. Depending what version you have it will tell you when it was captured. Nearmap was 19th Jan 2010, freakin hot as and all my lawn is dead :P Didn't realise Nearmap had finally flown Canberra. I knew they exist cause they are trying to get my work to pay for all...
  4. H

Requesting Google Earth Update for Stromlo

Bit of a grave dig, but for anyone interested Google have finally updated the coverage over Stromlo to something more recent. It was captured in March 2009 so not exactly last week, but still better then before in at least the main fire roads and a fair chunk of single track are visible.
  5. H

Another what roadie thread

The Fuji SST 2 seriously floated my boat when I was looking. What put me off was the Integrated seat post. The negatives been a) potentially hard to transport bike, b) measure twice cut once and c) hard to sell should you one day upgrade as buyer would have to be same or smaller then you etc.
  6. H

Stripes

^^ exactly. As I've said team kit doesn't bother me, that I relate to wearing a footy jersey etc. Would you wear a fake olympic medal around your neck? Well I think the WC is in the same bucket of fish. 2c
  7. H

Stripes

+1. What keeps me buying team gear is the price compared to other items. +1 to all the team gear out in Cbr over the weekend as well. Saw plenty of FDJ jerseys on my ride this morning, they seem very popular. One jersey I am waiting to get for example is the Garmin 2010. Why? a) I've...
  8. H

Stripes

yeap eventually worked that out :p
  9. H

Stripes

Yeah i know the reasoning but still wasn't a fan. Just a personal thing thou, i like to be able to spot the national champs in the peloton :p I wear team kit but only the jersey not the full thing head to toe. With jerseys I see it similar to wearing a footy jersey, its my way of supporting...
  10. H

Stripes

Re: WC stripes. I wouldn't buy a jersey and wear it or wear a helmet in WC strips ie. Specialized 2D but i must admit they are on my Sidi road shoes. That I don't mind as they are hardly visible and wouldn't be seen as me making a statement. Same goes for bike parts ie. a small strip on...
  11. H

advice on buying a used bike

Malvern Star entered the road market again(?) in about 2008 and are offering full carbon jobs quite well priced. Quality of the frame etc.......i wouldn't know so will let you make your own judgement.
  12. H

advice on buying a used bike

I'm pretty much the same (78Kg, 176cm) and just went through buying a new bike. Medium is most brands suited me and a few i was on a M/L. Ended up with a M 2010 Giant TCR Adv1 and its perfect. Each brand measures their size differently though so if buying 2nd hand ask for the frame dimensions...
  13. H

The Disc Jockey Thread!

I play with Cotts every now and again. Def an awesome setup and awesome to play on, although the CDJ800's, EFX and TT don't much use so a bit of overkill. He use to also have a 32inch LCD in front of it all to have the chat room running etc
  14. H

Performance Gains ... Cheaper Vs Higher priced roadies

^^ Fair call. But I guess what doesn't do anything for you could be the best ride for someone else. Moral of the story: Test ride everything in your price bracket and let your body decide which is best.
  15. H

In the past fortnight I've gone from a 2006 Raceline Alu frame, Carbon fork & stays running Ultegra 6600 to a 2010 Giant TCR Advanced 1, full carbon, full Ultegra 6700. Yes I bought a Giant and yes I am F***ing happy with it! The raceline weighed in at 9.2kg, the Giant 7.7kg. What I've...
  16. H

Get a power meter and use that to train more effectively another option.
  17. H

Hillclimb bragging rights...

http://www.hillclimbr.com/ is another website to log your time on.
  18. H

Post your Roadie

Bit of seat post there Christo :p
  19. H

Avanti Quantum - thoughts?

I like the forks, hence the initial interest :P Did the rounds today. Rode a TCR1 Adv which was very nice. Lined up a ride of the Merida, Trek and Cannondale ~$4k offerings early next week. The TCR1 def felt better then the Avanti but the Avanti i rode was a size to big. Customer service...
  20. H

Avanti Quantum - thoughts?

So a LBS has the Quantum 2 down to $2999 which makes it even harder to decide :confused: