Search results

1. M

Trance X rear shock options - advice appreciated!

Hi all, I have a 2008 Trance X2 which I have recently rebuilt and plan to keep riding for quite a while yet. It’s still running the original shock (Fox Float R) which I have always wanted to upgrade but the unique size (184x44/7.25"x1.75") has made that difficult. Pretty much anything would...
  2. M

Trance shock pivot bolt stuck - advice please

Hey all, I have been stripping down my '08 Trance for a rebuild and have run into a problem trying to remove the lower shock bolt. (Indicated by the silver pick tool in the picture below.) I have been trying everything I can to get this sucker out but it is stuck fast. Admittedly it...
  3. M

QLD SOLD: Fox F120R 26" fork - 249mm straight steerer!

Item: 2008 Fox F120R 32 fork, 26" Location: Wakerley, Brisbane Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: Upgraded Price and price conditions: $220 Extra Info: Originally fitted to 2008 Trance X2. In very good condition, stanchions totally unmarked and a few superficial marks on the...
  4. M

SOLD: Superstar 9mm thru axle + adapter for QR15 front wheel

Item: Superstar 9mm thru axle & QR15 adapter combo Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Now have a new fork and these are no longer required Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: This allows you to fit a QR15 wheel to a fork with a standard 9mm QR...
  5. M

Rockshox travel spacers

Hi all, Looking to get some Rockshox travel spacers to suit my 2011 Sektor fork. According to the SRAM tech docs, I need spacers from the 'All Travel Spacer Kit' (P/N 11.4015.450.000, pic below), so if anyone has any of these lying around with no real use for them I'd be keen to hear from...
  6. M

Favour to ask: Car inspection at inner western Sydney dealership?

Hi all, I have found a car online that I am interested in, it's located in a dealership in Haberfield. I have had a good look at the photos in the ad, and there are a couple of small things I would like to confirm though since the photos don't give enough detail. I don't particularly...
  7. M

QLD SOLD - Shimano MT55 Wheelset, 26"

Item: Shimano MT55 Wheelset, 26" Location: Wakerley, Brisbane Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Stans! Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: 26" rims, white in colour Axles: 15mm front, QR x 135mm rear Centre lock brake hubs, both disc retaining nuts included Rim...
  8. M

QLD ALL SOLD:Shimano stuff (RD, cranks, shifters, brakes), JetBlack rotors, Raceface bars

Items located in Wakerley, Brisbane. Can also meet in the CBD. Local pickup would be ideal but postage can be arranged at buyers expense if you're keen. Drop me a PM if anything takes your fancy! Item: Shimano Deore LX Crankset, FC-M582 Item Condition: Good condition overall, a few...
  9. M

Fox forks - uppers/lowers compatibility

Hi all, I currently own a 2008 Giant Trance X2, still fitted with the original Fox 32 F120R fork (QR axle), see pics below. I think these frames are well known for having one of the longest headtubes in the business, requiring a steerer length of around 230mm. I have been tossing the idea...
  10. M

QLD SOLD - Mavic 819/DT Swiss Tubeless Wheelset, 26” , QR, w/ skewers and UST valves

Item: 26” Wheelset - Mavic 819 UST Rims on DT Swiss 370 Hubs Location: Brisbane Item Condition: A few light scratches from usual use (worst shown in photos) otherwise excellent. Wheels run true with no dings or gouges. Bearings and freehub run smoothly. Reason for selling: Going to 15mm...
  11. M

2009 Cove Handjob buildup (ex-Big Dan frame)

Hi all, A very slow project for me this year has been the build up of my 2009 Cove Handjob frame that I acquired from Big Dan via the RB for sale section back in January. Family life in general (I have two daughters aged 2 and 3 to keep entertained!) keeps bike building time to a minimum...
  12. M

QLD Shimano MT55 Wheelset 26" - SOLD pending payment

Item: Shimano MT55 Wheelset 26" Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Brand new, unused and unmarked. Front wheel has had a tyre mounted and removed, rear is still in packaging. Reason for selling: Decided to go 15mm front axle Price and price conditions: $175 ($195 on CRC, when in stock) plus...
  13. M

QLD Stem with low stack height (35mm max)

Item: MTB stem with a low stack height, 35mm would be perfect but no taller Location: Brisbane Price range/Willing to Pay: It's for a temp setup (i.e. won't be using this fork forever) so can't go too crazy, let me know what you have. Willing to purchase from interstate. Extra Info: Stem...
  14. M

QLD SOLD: Shimano SLX 3x9 shifters M660

Item: Shimano SLX M660 3x9 Shifters Location: Wakerley 4154 or Brisbane CBD Item Condition: Excellent, pretty much brand new and have been barely used Reason for selling: Surplus Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Shift windows not fitted but included, shifter cables also...
  15. M

QLD SOLD: Bontrager Ranger 26" Wheelset - brand new condition

Item: Bontrager Ranger Wheelset 26" Location: Wakerley 4154 or Brisbane CBD Item Condition: Excellent, never been ridden Reason for selling: Surplus Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Fairly entry-level wheelset that I bought a couple of years ago for a project that never...
  16. M

2006 Giant Rincon seatpost diameter?

Hi all, Just bought myself an '06 Rincon frame 2nd hand to build up as a spare bike. Didn't come with a seatpost, the seller told me it should be a 30.9mm job. Tried the 30.9 post from my '08 Trance on it when I got it home, but was a pretty tight fit and didn't slide in relatively easily...
  17. M

Advice for possible rebuild of old Manitou SX fork

Hi all, At present I am contemplating returning my 2001 Schwinn Moab hardtail to it's original spec (nostalgic reasons) as I still have all the original bits. This includes the original Manitou SX fork which is in pretty good condition but will probably require a rebuild. Whether I go ahead...
  18. M

USB TV Tuners?

Hi all, Looking at getting a USB tv tuner for the laptop soon, as a budget alternative to a DVR type machine. Looking at the typical ones around the $100 mark. A twin tuner would be a bonus but not essential. I have poked around a few shops and come across such brands as Pinnacle, Kaiser...
  19. M

Brake rotor compatibility question

Hi guys, I recently fitted some new SLX brakes (calipers/levers) to my Trance. I have recently bought a Mavic XM819 tubeless wheelset to replace the original XM117s (thanks timedward!), since these have 6-bolt hubs (and the 117s had centrelocks) I am now looking at new rotors for them. At...
  20. M

2nd hand 5" dually choice - opinions?

Hi all, I am in the market for a 2nd hand 5" dual sus bike, found two (at the same asking price) so would love some opinions on which would be the better buy as I cannot seem to decide between them and I have read good reviews on both. One is a 2005 Scott Genuis MC30 and the other is a...