Search results

1. Dan

The !2010! Thread

Whoaahh... So this is what happens when you've been hiding under a rock for the past 6 years... You come back out and don't recognise any bikes Hahaha.
  2. Dan

Spinergy Spox - Flexible Spokes

It wouldnt make a difference to the wheel strength. You know that the wheel stays true due to the spokes being tight (i know you would, im just saying), so their flexiness doesnt play a part in the strength :)
  3. Dan

Spokes Constantly Going Loose?

Its all in the initial wheel build ;) Have someone who knows how to build wheels build your wheel... And youll be laughing for months! My mate who builds awesome wheels built mine, and they have lasted the longest any wheel has ever lasted. And thats on a hardtail doing pretty harsh stuff.
  4. Dan

Chains...

I put it on the big ring(s) and make it as short as I can without being too short. I leave a bit of slack but not too much.
  5. Dan

fined for being drunk on your bike?

hahahahahahaha Love that idea!
  6. Dan

A prime example of why it is illegal (in some states?) to ride intoxicated LOL
  7. Dan

mtb show

More like a bike company trade show? Or private people/workshops bringing their cars.. Oops I mean bikes :P ?
  8. Dan

Havnt read the other replies too indepth here as im at work... But... In SA at least... You can be fined and also lose your license (car license) if you are found to be riding a push bike over the legal limit. Im pretty sure while listening to talk-back radio the other day, I heard a policeman...
  9. Dan

damaged fork sliders

*Grabs sisters bright pink nailpolish* There ya go bud, no one will even notice! :P
  10. Dan

Training For DH

I personally think if you wanted to train for DH, you would want to hit the gym. For me, im one of those guys who isnt that big and strong, so throwing around a heavy bike isnt as easy as it is for some other guys. When I was training at the gym purely building muscle, I found it a lot easier...
  11. Dan

New XT/XTR lever on old XT caliper

Ah. Well thats good to know. When I have some spare cash floatin round, ill do it and re-bleed and let you guys know the results.
  12. Dan

I think ill go for my already stated option, a lot cheaper and a proven brake that has always performed well :)
  13. Dan

Maintenance for the inexperienced.....

Yeah a quick spin thru the gears wouldnt hurt at all...
  14. Dan

horizontal drop-outs!!!

True... 1mm each side doesnt seem much. But I wouldnt do it still. Its messing with the bikes structural integrity.
  15. Dan

Maintenance for the inexperienced.....

Thats the same with me. When I was riding regularly, my chain was replaced every couple of months. This way keeping everything else on the driveline in new condition instead of wearing down due to a stretched chain. Like people have said, just dry (and clean if there is mud involved) the chain...
  16. Dan

horizontal drop-outs!!!

Yeah you really dont want to file out those dropouts...... Just buy a wheelset that fits.
  17. Dan

For sure, ill keep you posted...
  18. Dan

Ok its the 755's. I found a pic and can see its got the 90degree bend.
  19. Dan

Well thats good to know they are still considered an awesome brake! Like I said, I havnt ridden since I was around 18 (22 now) so im completely out of the loop with anything bike related these days. Why do I sense that there are all of a sudden all these people waiting to grab my XT's...
  20. Dan

Ah awesome! Took me a while to hit the submit button so didnt see your post. Not sure on the 755 or 765's.... Well I will look further into it, your post has given me some guidance at least ;)