Search results

1. S

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Great travel story Flyboy! Looking forward to catching up soon. I like the hammocks, but still prefer my tent, weight difference isn't a lot and in my opinion it is easier when camping.... R
  2. S

I am probably not the best to person to ask.There are lot more experienced and knowledgeable people on this forum, but here it goes.. Tent under the handlebars (Spartan), spare batteries, folding mug, knife in handlebar bag. Ay Up lights. Garmin Oregon 450 GPS. Food, Maps, first aid...
  3. S

This was a round trip, covering about 340 km's. I wasn't really pushing the pace anywhere, but they were pretty long days on the bike. Not too sure if you are from Brisbane, but there are lots of options for 2 day rides near Brisbane....
  4. S

Brisbane Easter ride Haven't posted for a while, but would like to keep this thread going! Basically rode from Brisbane over Mt. Nebo to Fernvale on the dirt. From there I loosely followed the rail trail (it is closed in parts) to Esk. From there mainly via dirt backroads to Moore. Camped...
  5. S

First Bikepacking Trip

Hi Flyboy, I have done a few backpacking trips around SE Queensland ( mainly in the Lockyer Valley). I live near Samford, so I get to Fernvale in a similar way like you did. There are some other options as well to get back. You can go via MT Glorious or Cabbage tree Creek and Lightline...
  6. S

That looks like a good ride FatGuts. We will be down your way soon for a holiday. We might try and do some of your ride...
  7. S

If you had to choose 1 overseas race.......

I did this one in the USA a couple of years ago http://www.blueridgeadventures.net/oramm/ It was fantastic, very well organised, good atmosphere and great finish line party. The same organiser has a multiday event now http://www.blueridgeadventures.net/stage/ I would love to do this one, I...
  8. S

I agree with going light, I use a GPS but use a Garmin Oregon. It uses 2 AA batteries, I can pick them up anywhere. When I am touring on the bike I am trying to get away from all the electronics and stuff...
  9. S

Another Brisbane Tour Not really a photographer like WildWassa...and we cheated, took the credit card instead of a tent :o I just finished a loop from Esk, mainly using railtrails to get to Blackbutt. We stayed at Blackbutt in the pub and than rode back via (dirt) country roads. This was my...
  10. S

No problem......Interested to see the result!
  11. S

A two day tour from Brisbane through the lockyer valley....
  12. S

QLD Ibis Tranny SOLD

Item: Ibis Tranny Medium size set up for XC Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Very Good Reason for selling: Bike not ridden much anymore, bought it as a 'travel bike'. Price and price conditions: $ Extra Info: Will consider selling as a single speed set up Specs: DT Swiss XMC Forks...
  13. S

QLD Ibis Tranny SOLD

Item: Ibis Tranny Medium size Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Very Good Reason for selling: Bike not ridden much anymore, bought it as a 'travel bike'. Price and price conditions: Extra Info: Will consider selling as a single speed set up Specs: DT Swiss XMC Forks 100mm XTR...
  14. S

Bikepacking

Thanks , just like that, I will use a map to hide them as well :)
  15. S

Bikepacking

My framebag from revelate designs just arrived in the mail! Great quality and didn't take long to get here. As I went for a standard (did not want to spend too much) the fit is a bit 'long' on the front of my frame put it seems to work fine. Eric at Revelate is very easy to deal with. I also got...
  16. S

Looking forward to reviews....Like mentioned by others before, i am also looking forward to doing some MTB touring after the worlds. It would be nice if there was an event similar to the kiwi-brevet in Australia, BNT would be perfect for that, i have ridden a bit of it and it is great for MTB...
  17. S

These look the goods...thinking about getting one for some overnighters. http://www.freeload.co.nz/pages/13/Products
  18. S

Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

http://www.tailwindpromotions.com.au/merida24hr/course.html Tailwind has 2 courses for the Merida24....;)
  19. S

KONA24 Hour - Forrest - Nov 28/29

Just made it back home, was well worth the trip. What a great event and fantastic trails! :D We are already planning to come back for a holiday to just enjoy the trails for a week or so. Organisation was great, pity about the weather,but that was the same for everyone. I could have made a...
  20. S

KONA24 Hour - Forrest - Nov 28/29

What does the wet weather do to the trails in Forrest? Do the trails drain well or do they turn into a sticky muddy bog? We have had some (very) wet races here in Qld, made a lot of the course pretty unrideable and wrecked a few bikes in process. :( Should I pack some skinny mud tyres...