Search results

1. J

Sold 2020 factory fox 36 29er 44mm 160mm

Hi mate, what is the steerer length?
  2. J

NSW Transtion Transam 650b XL

Sold Pending Item: Steel hardtail frame purchased late 2015 XL (most current model - modern geometry) Location: Sydney (Sutherland Shire) Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Who has time to ride bikes these days? Price and price conditions & extra info: $500 Comes with headset...
  3. J

Kettlebells

If I could only have 1 piece of workout equipment for the rest of my life it would be kettlebells. The variations to what you can do with them is limited by your imaginations Take the time, watch 400 youtube videos and learn proper techniques. Some basics (and not so basics) to cover most...
  4. J

AM Ibis Mojo HD3...Major Upgrades.

Hi mate... I have a HD3 which I bought to replace my 5.7c. They are entirely different beasts....the 5.7c is a trail bike, whereas the HD3 is considerably more on the burly side. Takes a lot more to get it around and its nowhere near as fun as a trail bike. I love the HD3, however it is not in...
  5. J

recommendations on a $4k budget XC race mtb?

You will build yourself a pretty kick-arse 29er (or 275) carbon hardtail for 4K if you buy a frame straight from the Chinese manufacturers...Its been a while since I had one so I'm out of the loop as to which are preferred these days, but some research will put you on the right track. Would...
  6. J

Post your all mountain bike

I cant really say much to be honest... I wear a bright purple fanny pack when I ride to carry my spares in..... Whats the reason behind needing a set back post? I actually have the exact same frame :)
  7. J

Post your all mountain bike

the saddle bag and lack of dropper post on this bike...... most curious.......
  8. J

Kneepads. What are you using?

On the g-forms.... whilst they are comfy and offer protection from superficial crashes, I still managed to impact fracture my kneecap and tibial plateau whilst wearing them during an average ride at stromlo. Granted yes, without wearing them the injury would have been significantly worse...
  9. J

Disappointed with Pikes?

Its funny, because I have two bikes 160mm (with 2014 34 floats) and a 140mm (with 2014 x-fusion sweep). Both 650b. both ridden on the same trails depending on my mood Here's my take on the forks 2014 floats - harsh on the small stuff, the faster you go the better they are. Take the big hits...
  10. J

Lucas Heights (Menai)

So many memories!! I loved those trails.
  11. J

Yeti SB5c Previewed and Ridden

Santa Cruz/VPP.
  12. J

NSW Mill Creek Conservation Park (Menai) - MTB Trail building Thread

Plan is to fix up/ reroute the rocky bit in the middle of stray bullets, maintenance will be along the dump run. See you out there mate.
  13. J

Dont build new trails More from our facebook page. Just a reminder to everyone that whilst this is a volunteer-led project in terms of the a large portion of the workforce, everything we do is sanctioned and undertaken with the guidance of the Council, in conjunction with the work completed...
  14. J

From our Facebook page. Look forward to seeing you all out there. You know what time of the month it is? Its track building time! After last month's washout we expect EVERYBODY TO TURN UP this saturday, 0745 sharp, just past the entrance to the dump on little forest road. And you will all be...
  15. J

Need to be fitter / less fat

Some things that worked for me. If you have a ride planned, and the weather is shit or you aren't motivated Put all your riding gear on and prep/load your bike before you decide whether to go or not. You'll be more inclined to go out than if you dont :) If you need to use the trainer...
  16. J

Today is cancelled unfortunately.
  17. J

A couple of us will be hanging around for a ride tomorrow, feel free to do so as well. Mark wants to do some sick edits, so be prepared to be famous.
  18. J

Hi everyone - just a reminder its our build day tomorrow. Meet at little forest road @0745. Gates close at 0800 so call if you will be late. Please bring any tools you have- but dont worry if you dont have any as council will supply plenty.Just a reminder little forest road is the entry to the...
  19. J

Hey Donny - we meet at the gate on little forest road. We then drive our cars in and park. Justin