Search results

1. hilo

Is the Minion DHF too much tyre for me?

Hi All Been more recently riding a bit more aggressively--rode in Livigno in Italy on a rented 27.5+ Scott Genius and came back to my first rides on a Hightower (not LT) with 150mm MRP fork/DVO Topaz on the rear. Running 29" with Minion DHF 2.5wt on the front (brand spankin' new) and a...
  2. hilo

Lighter Trail/AM-ish bikes for tall blokes: Reach and TT comparisons

Hi All I'm 6'7"ish, been riding a Gary Fisher Hi Fi Pro 29er (23" frame) since 2010 amongst other bikes. I am trying to get a gauge on what will fit me best. The Hi Fi is a dual suspension bike with 100mm front and rear, and it has been really great. Most of my riding is You Yangs, Buxton...
  3. hilo

Converting to 11 Speed from 9 Speed

Hi Folks So, I decided that for a while I would stick with 9 speed on my Gary Fisher Hi Fi Pro (2010 model). Running 3x9, XT crank. Specs here: http://archive.trekbikes.com/us/en/2010/fisher/hifi_pro_29 I am running Shimano XT wheels (tubeless ones). SO, thinking of something along...
  4. hilo

[LOST] Garmin 800 at Buxton MTB Park (I think) VIC

Hi Folks Well, you see--I actually came down with pneumonia the week before the Buxton MTB race (Buxton Bootcamp), and was riding the day I got sick. As I got delirious on the ride, I think I lost my Garmin that day. It would have been about the 4th of November (the Sunday), sometime in the...
  5. hilo

Buxton conditions 'recently'?

Hi all: Aching to go to Buxton as soon as is practical AND good for the trails. Having been out of the country for the last 3 months, I have heard there has been a royal soaking this winter--I would assume the Buxton trails to be very soppy wet and best left until things dry out a bit, but I...
  6. hilo

[Lost] Car keys/ thule rack keys at Duael in Macedon VIC

Hi folks-my partner lost my let's somewhere, maybe at the Duael. Car keys are Nissan. Cheers Hi-Lo
  7. hilo

n00b 29er question

Hi Folks: Well, I am pretty new to MTB, am 202cm or so high, 106kg--so not small by any means. My previous riding experience has been solely road for the last 20 years. Let me tell you, there is little skill transfer! I have copped a beating riding a MTB--literally. The big issue for me is...
  8. hilo

Newb Tire (tyre?) + Handlebar Question(s)

'ello Being a Canuck, I spell 'em "tire" but I hope you know what I mean . . . Right, so I am new again to MTBing, am 6'6", 108kg (aiming to lose a bit) and have a brand spankin' new 23" Gary Fisher Hi Fi Pro 29er. My background in riding is: road riding since 1987 with quite a few stints...
  9. hilo

Hi from Hurstbridge VIC

Hi Folks: I met a fellow on my street (my girlfriend and I just bought a place in Hurstbridge VIC a few days ago)--and this fellow, Ben, pointed me to this site (thanks Ben). I'm a 'second-time' mountain biker--just getting restarted. I used to mountain bike back in Canada around 1987-1992...