Search results

1. F

hope tech3 lever throw-bleeding

Hallo! I have the tech 3 v4 brakes, they are amazing! I have 3 questions: how do i reduce the lever throw? I have the pad contact fully in, but would like a little less throw. I have avid rotors, think hope rotors may be a bit fatter? i read that except for the classic bleed procedure, there...
  2. F

Sram code rsc

I have guide rsc on my bike, with bleeding edge, the 2017 model that should not have problems with the piston. However, yesterday, in a hot day, 35 celsius, and riding for much time in direct sunlight, the pads suddenly rubbed the brake disc a lot (i almost couldn't ride uphill), and the lever...
  3. F

poc vpd 2.0 sizing

Hallo! I want to buy the vpd 2.0 knee pad (the dh short version, which i guess is the same in sizing as the normal 2.0) My measurements are: 38cm (15 in) 10 cm below knee 43cm (17 in) 10 cm below knee Should i go medium or large. I read contradicting sizing reviews. Leg measurement and your...
  4. F

mavic its4 preload

Hallo! I have a a mavic wheelset with the its 4 system, that uses a preload adjuster. In the end of the video, it indicates how to preload correctly the bearings. 1. when adjusting the preload, the video indicates to stop when contact happens. what does this mean? When you feel the cap...
  5. F

ccdb coil - HSC

I have a yt tues 2012, the LR chart is this: Very progressive, with a low starting LR and a very very low ending LR. At sag (30%) the LR is ~2.65. Cane creek proposes for this frame 2.5 turns for HSC, which i find really high. For reference, santa cruz v10 has this LR chart at sag (30%)...
  6. F

which dhf

Which one of these versions is wider? I have 21mm internal width rims. the 2.5 maxterra is nowhere to find. have you spotted it anywhere? the 2.5 supertacky, will be fine for tubeless installation in UST rims? (the tyre is not TR) the 2.3, if it's as wide as the aggressor 2.3 and the dhrii...
  7. F

narrow rim-dhr2 wt

anyone tried iw 21mm rims with dhrii 2.4 tyre? One told me that they work brilliantly, even better than wider rims, cause the narrow rim gives them a rounder profile (we all know that minion tyres have more of a square profile).
  8. F

fox bushings-meta 5.5

Hallo! I have a meta 5.5.3 2009 model. The shock is FOX FLOAT R. The bushings that are needed are 22.2x8 I have found 2 types of these: https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/ride-alpha-hardware-22-x-8-c2x17786745...
  9. F

aggressor 2.3 vs quest vs trail boss 2.25

Which one do you think is a better all rounder with low rolling resistance? How do they compare in: -grip in dry -grip in wet -braking -rolling -durability
  10. F

Which one of these 3 tyres for rear use?

26in wheels. aggressive rider. all year round use. best possible combination of grip and rolling resistance. 1. minion dhr ii 2.4 dual compound i run the 2.3 dual and find it awesome. i want a bit more cushion than the 2.3. has the 2.4 much more volume/cushion than the 2.3? will the...
  11. F

Deemax compatibility

I have 2012 deemax ultimate wheelset and run a sram 10 speed cassette. Can i change the cassette with sram (not xd) 11 speed or shimano 11 speed? In other words, are the deemax (year 2012) compatible with 11 speed cassettes (non xd) ?
  12. F

1x11 sram + shimano

Hallo! I have a sram 10 speed setup (that doesn't work very well with the shifts of the largest cog -> t-rex hope 40t) and i am thinking to go the 11 speed route. I am about to get: -sram gx shifter -sram gx rear deralleur -either the 1130 cassette or shimano slx/xt The sram 1130...
  13. F

zee vs guide rsc

I want to buy a set of new brakes for dh use. Zee's seem to be amazing from a lot of reviews i read. I found, for just 90$ more, a pair of the new 2017 guide rsc with the S4 caliper. What would you buy? I am really tempted for the guides, but i am a bit concerned of the issues that read...
  14. F

mavic deemax bearings

hallo! i have a 2012 mavic deemax ultimate wheelset. in the back wheel, you can adjust with a special wrench the bearing. what is the function of this? i notice that when i go full clockwise and I spin the rear wheel, it seems a bit draggy, and it stops relatively fast. when i go...
  15. F

40t cog cassette with sram derailleur

hallo! i have an x0 short cage derailleur (not type 2) and the 40t cog couldn't work because there was not enough clearance. am i doing something wrong? i am thinking of buying an x9 type 2 derailleur short cage. will that work? has anybody done it? Regards
  16. F

Best all rounder front tyre

Hallo! I have tested many tires and i am a fan of all rounders, the 'install and forget' type! and when i say all rounder, i mean every situation except for deep mud. My style is hard mtb riding, enduro and very light dh. (26 wheels) My best front tire (the last 5 years) that i have...
  17. F

marzocchi 888 rc3 ti setup

hallo sir!! i have the 2012 marzocchi 888 ti v2, i weigh 83kg (182lb) and have the standard 5.5 ti spring. I wouldn't like to change it, cause it is very expensive. my main concern is to have more mid travel support and less dive in steep terrain and while breaking. actually is the...
  18. F

the perfect bike (almost)

the perfect bike (almost) what would be the perfect bike for you? MINE 165-175mm rear travel 170-180 front travel with triple clamp fork (why don't they make triple clamps that are adjustable in 180 and 200 mm?) 65-66 head angle (preferrably adjustable) 420-430...
  19. F

dh cassette compatibility

the sram x0 dh rear derailleur, is said to be compatible with max 28 cog in the cassette. i am thinking to put a 32 max rear cog, has anyone tried it? does it work or will i waste my money? thank you!!
  20. F

dh cassette compatibility

the sram x0 dh rear derailleur, is said to be compatible with max 28 cog in the cassette. i am thinking to put a 32 max rear cog, has anyone tried it? does it work or will i waste my money? thank you!!