Search results

1. Topperharley

World cup team changes rumor thread

For next season.....
  2. Topperharley

Northern Rivers riding

Hi all, Been away from Aus for the last 4 years or so, considering a move back. Personally i'm into a move to Victoria for riding, but the missus' family are from Byron so........ .....hows the scene around the Northern Rivers now? I heard a bike park was rumoured to be happening in the...
  3. Topperharley

Car question, am I nuts or is everyone else?

So, I'm moving to Europe, lucky me. However it means I need to sell everything. Storage is not viable as I'm gone for a year to forever. I've got a 2003 Forester, which I consider to be in good condition. 187,000 kms, log book servicing, bodywork A1 and as far as I know, mechanically sound...
  4. Topperharley

All sold please delete

Item: Royal LS DH jersey - Black Condition: Used but good (10x) Size: Medium Price: Sold Item: Kenny SS DH jersey - Blue/Black/Yellow Condition: Used but good (5x) Size: Medium Price Sold Item: Von Zipper Pork Chop goggle - yellow/black Condition: Used (clear lens brand new) Price: SOLD Item...
  5. Topperharley

Norco Aurum 2013 review

When i was looking at one of these I would have been glad for some non-media based opinion from someone who had ridden one, so... Component check - Frame: Aurum DH race frame , 200 mm travel , hydroformed 6061 aluminum Fork: Rockshox Boxxer R2C2 - Swapped out for 2013 Marzocchi 888 RC...
  6. Topperharley

rear shock as hand luggage

Posted this in the 'flying with a dh bike thread', but kinda need some help now. Called the airline who said it most likely not be ok to take my Fox Van RC2 shock on as hand luggage. End of the day thats probably true, but the web has conflicting stories of some saying it's fine, others not...
  7. Topperharley

insurance

I know there are afew threads on this but i couldn't dig up the answer to this question; I'm off to Europe for 3 and a bit months in July and wanted to insure my bike(s) total rrp would be $9000. Velosure will only insure for 90 days abroad, and the policy must start and end in Australia...
  8. Topperharley

sold please remove

Item: 2011 Bos Idylle white Condition: Used, lowers scratched as naturally would be after riding, though not excessive. Stanchion on left tiny cosmetic scratch. Performance wise A1. Spare med/hard spring included. Reason for selling: Either the Boxxers or the Bos are are going.... Price:SOLD...
  9. Topperharley

Sold please delete

Item:2013 Boxxer R2C2's black Condition: Never used, straight off a new Norco Aurum 1 Reason for selling: It's either these or the Bos.... Price: $sold Postage: N/A
  10. Topperharley

Boxxer R2C2 2013's

Does anybody own any? Any issues or happy stories? Currently debating an offer to takes these on a new Norco Aurum or swap my used (and very much loved) 2011 Bos Idylle's from my current bike. I know the Bos are the better fork, but they are used, a couple of years old, so if i can be...
  11. Topperharley

Where do all the old bikes go?

Remember your first proper xc/am/dh bike? The one you sold at a huge loss to a mate or some guy and maybe saw again a year or two later, but ultimately you have no idea where it went? Well, it strikes me, as each year more and more companies churn out more and more bikes, where do they all end...
  12. Topperharley

Sold sold sold

Sold please delete
  13. Topperharley

UCI turn facist (even more so)

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/USAC-HATES-YOU-EVEN-MORE-All-UCI-Licensed-Riders-Subject-To-Fines-For-Racing-Non-Sanctioned-Events,581 So what does this mean for pro's racing in series like the Vic DH Series? It seems to state that any unsanctioned racing could result in fines or...
  14. Topperharley

How good are.....

Roots, roots are awesome, why doesn't Australia have more roots? We need more jumps too, jumps are fun, we should build more of them. How good are old school grassy foot out turns with no berm? There should be more of them too, there's too many rocks here aswell, why are there so many rocks? Why...
  15. Topperharley

stop it!

Happened to me several times over the last few weeks, walk into a bike shop and.... shop - "hi mate, can i help you?" me- "yeah, i'm looking at an all mountain/trail bike, already ride DH, want a bike a can ride up, sacrifice a little on the up to shred down. I've been looking at so and so...
  16. Topperharley

2012 Demo almost finished....

2012 Demo in small 2012 Fox Van RC 2011 Bos Idylle Avid Elixir 7's Descendants Straitline AMP's (not pictured) Straitline silent guide Mavic 823's tubeless on Hope Evo's Renthal's Currently running Sram X7 soon to be Sram XO/X9 Thompson/Funn etc.... Been on this for a while, almost...
  17. Topperharley

26" wheels on a bike built for 27.5"

What happens? Slackened head angle and lowered bb height? More clearance? Bike in question - Norco Sight Killer B http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/trail/sight-killer-b/ Cool looking bike with wheels in a size i would rather not invest in. So, if i were to buy said bike and stick on...
  18. Topperharley

Why the hate for Specialized?

Are there just little cells of haters out there that enjoy posting their hate, or is there wide spread distaste at the big s? If so, why all the hate?
  19. Topperharley

Kinglake Sat 24th Nov

Anybody feel like hitting Kinglake tomorrow?
  20. Topperharley

Frame box

Anybody have an old frame box they'd like to be rid of? Will pick up Melbourne metro, would be much appreciated! Have tried afew shops, all with no results, still a couple to go, but need one by Thursday. It's to fit a small Specialized Demo.