Search results

1. R

Fork and shock upgrade help - 2014 Giant Trance 27.5

So I'm riding on a 2014 Trance 27.5 1, which has fox evolution talas 140mm forks, and fox float rear. I've changed their seals twice, but not interested in spending the money to get the internals serviced as they don't seem like the most amazing suspension out there. Could never dial the small...
  2. R

2014 Fox Talas Fork CTD lever screw doesn't reach internal threaded rod to screw on

Since buying my 2014 Trance 27.5 1, the forks CTD section has always rotated itself undone slighlty. I just have constantly tightened it up when this has happened. Never affected the fork from working so never cared. Recently though the actual CTD lever has become very stiff. In fact it...
  3. R

Northern beaches - what trails can you night ride?

What trails can and can't you night ride legally? I'd like to start a regular night ride on Thursdays with some mates.
  4. R

MTB light which one?

So I need a MTB light or maybe 2 for the upcoming darkness as I commute daily on single track to work. Budget is around $800 max. Don't intend to spend it all if it's not required. My criteria is quality, reliability and good visibility, ie good beam spread and colour temp over ridiculous...
  5. R

Night riding in Sydney northern beaches

Where can you night mtb in sydney northern beaches area?
  6. R

Stans Arch EX Hope Pro 2EVO with Giant Trance 27.5 1?

This would be the very first set of wheels I've ever bought. Not sure how much there is to it. Was looking at this as a rear: http://www.wiggle.com.au/hope-hoops-pro2-evo-650b-rear-wheel/#tabAA and this as a front...
  7. R

2014 Giant contact switch (dropper seat) - gas strut replacement

So taken apart the giant contact switch dropper post that came with my 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1. The dropper post started dropping about 1-2 inches at full extension without pressing the switch. Then it started dropping unless I gave it time to settle after activating it. I took it apart...
  8. R

Sold

Item: DT SWISS QR Skewer 135mm Location: Hornsby, NSW, Berlose during work hours Item Condition: Very good condition. 1 scratch on the handle, but otherwise only used for 2 weeks, until a 142mm skewer arrived. Reason for selling: Bought the wrong size. I needed a 142mm skewer, which I now have...
  9. R

Slx rear derailleur cage cracked.

Can you buy a slx cage. Mine has cracked on the side that is closest to the wheel. My chain keeps getting thrown off the lower jockey wheel and onto that side of the cage. Might just be worth buying a new derailleur, something similar happened on my last XT derailleur with the lower jockey...
  10. R

Old chain worn 0.5. Swapped to new chain. Skipping on sprockets in small chain ring

So been monitoring my chain wear with the park tool. Says it's now 0.5 BUT not 0.75. So I bought a new chain. A SLX 10 speed. Previous was a KMC 10. When I pedal in the smallest chain ring I notice that on the back sprockets the chain seems to not fit onto the teeth after about every 12...
  11. R

Truing wheel for the first time.... Question on spoke tension and egg

This is a PXC-2 wheel from a Giant Trance 27.5 1. I broke a spoke and had previously noticed that the wheel was not running very smooth, had some severe side to side wobble. A couple of places on the rim had dents on one of the rim rails, so I bent these back gently with a spanner. I then...
  12. R

SLX rear brake sometimes goes soft

Couldn't work out what to search on google to find the information I was looking for, so though I would bring it here. Basically my brakes work fine, but every now again, if I do a wheelie or a jump my rear brake goes soft in the trigger. And I have to squeeze it in another whole cm or so before...
  13. R

Where to mtb in Wollongong/kiama region?

Camping at east beach kiama on the long weekend. Would like to know where I could mount bike in the surrounding areas. I'm riding an all mountain bike so some downhill sections would be loved. But I'm cool with whatever exists. Can travel by car.
  14. R

Rear wheel slightly skewed

Just noticed when I spin my rear wheel, I see a noticeable side to side wobble. Must of been caused from a crash I had recently. Anyway to straighten this out? Is this what spokes can do?
  15. R

Giant Trance 27.5 1 RWS

Looking for some help on this one. My stock RWS was a DT Swiss one, and had a nylon handle. The handle snapped off on a crash when I was riding along a skinny log at OMV. So naturally I did some research on here, worked out that standard QR are 135mm and bough myself a new DT Swiss RWS...
  16. R

Giant Trance 27.5 1 lower jockey pulley bearing keeps coming apart

Hey guys, my lower jockey pulley bearing keeps coming out of its center position, and I believe this is what is causing the chain to constantly come off that jockey pulley and slide along beside it. From what I can tell the chain is pulling pretty straight on that jockey pulley, if...
  17. R

Can you mix greases

Would like to add some grease to my sealed bearings as I rode through a stream. Cant see any water with the eye, so don't think they're in any bad shape, but thought it would be a good idea to just add some grease. No idea what grease is in there from stock. Does it usually matter?
  18. R

2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1 - Rear shock Fox float CTD what size stroke is it?

Hey guys, simply i'm trying to set up my sag correctly. I've found the fox website that shows the correct sag lengths for the different shock sizes, but I'm not sure what size (length) rear shock I have on my bike. I know my travel is 140mm front rear, but what length is the shock to get that...
  19. R

Is it bad to ride your mountain bike through streams

Hey guys, been getting a fair bit of rain here in sydney in the last couple of days. Was doing some riding in lane cove national park yesterday and had to do like 10 water crossings. At first we tried to stay dry and step stone them across, but came to a point where we just said "stuff it" and...
  20. R

My suspension keeps bottoming out on large hits. Is this bad? SEE VIDEO

I made a video of a downhill run I did at Mt Stromlo in Canberra. Its on my new Giant Trance 27.5 1. Watching it back, I noticed that my front fork is bottoming out on a lot of the bigger drops and jumps. Is this bad for the fork? or is it designed to take it? The fronts are set up at 1.7...