Search results

1. lindz1817

Canyon Torque too much or Spectral too little?

Going to the Rotorburn brains trust for a little advice. I'm very close to purchasing a new bike. Went back and forth between YT, Canyon and Commencal a fair bit in the process of looking and now I'm leaning toward Canyon. I live in North East Victoria so I ride mostly Wodonga/ Albury/...
  2. lindz1817

VIC Sold

Item: Giant XTC size large - Shimano slx groupset - TWE wheels (similar feel to stans arch) - Maxxis icon and ardent race (also a spare set of slick tyres and trainer tyre) - Easton carbon bars Location: Wodonga. May be able to drop off elsewhere, just ask if interested Item Condition: Has...
  3. lindz1817

Nail Can Hill Anyone?

Not new to rotorburn, but I'm moving to the Albury/ Wodonga region next weekend and I have a few days off before starting my new job (Which i intend to mostly spend on the trails). I don't currently know anyone in the area, so if you're around the region and would like someone new to ride with...
  4. lindz1817

VIC - 2009 GT Force 3.0

A mate of mine had his Force stolen over the weekend. Bike was parked at the back door of his house overnight, and gone on Sunday. Cops are looking into it, but nobody really has high hopes. Details below, please let me know if anyone sees anything suss in the area. Bike: 2009 GT Force 3.0...
  5. lindz1817

Riding Style? WTF!?

People often ask about others 'riding style' on here when trying to help with all sorts of issues. The question I have is what the actual fuck is a riding style? I don't have any style, I just ride my bike. Sometimes I ride my bike as fast as I can. People often say their style is aggressive...
  6. lindz1817

29er rear wheel

Item: 29 inch rear wheel only Location: Ballarat or Swan Hill Price range/ Willing to Pay: Cheaper the better Extra info: looking for a spare rear to put a slick on for the turbo trainer. Doesn't have to be light, doesn't have to be great condition. As long as it's cheap and spins freely and...
  7. lindz1817

*SOLD* 2011 Commencal Meta 55 Large *SOLD*

Item: Large Commencal Meta 55 Location: Ballarat (will ship interstate) Item Condition: A few scuffs as expected and some of the bits of framskin around the head tube has gone yellow, but damn good otherwise Reason for selling: Had a hankering for a hardtail Price and price...
  8. lindz1817

Days before dropper posts and hydraulic brakes

I have only really been riding bikes for a few years, so I have been a little spoilt when it comes to bike tech. For those of you that had done a lot of riding on older technology, what was it like transitioning into new advancements such as hydraulic brakes etc.? I'm sure the trails were much...
  9. lindz1817

Mavic crossmax st 15mm hub adapter

Item: 15mm hub adapter for crossmax at Location: Swan hill, but will pay postage Price range: tell me what they're worth to you Extra info: wheels are 2012. I found them online, but US companies that want an arm, a leg and a kidney to ship to Aus. I hear these wheels came with the adapters...
  10. lindz1817

XC wheels for a big guy

Greetings fellow farkers, I am currently running stans flows on hope pro 2 evos (like a lot of people here) and they are awesome. But I have been doing some more riding around the swan hill area which ironically is extremely flat and quite dull for riding, but it's better than nothing. I was...
  11. lindz1817

Any one from Swan Hill region?

I am from Ballarat, but have been working in Swan Hill for the past 9 months. Not much riding up here, but thought it might be worth a shout out if any other mtb peeps are living in the region. Might be good to catch up with others to break up the monotony of the flatness!
  12. lindz1817

Skills training drills

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone has come across specific drills to improve bike handling etc. i know there are a lot of skill videos on YouTube etc. but they generally seem to cover theories on how to position your body over certain obstacles etc. What do people think of doing drills...
  13. lindz1817

Borrow 29er fork in exchange for beer

Item: 29er fork 100-140mm, tapered steered, 15mm axle Condition: Safe to ride on Price: Slab Location: Ballarat Extra Info: Looking to borrow a fork for a week as my partners fork started leaking oil out of the lower after about 25hrs of use. Now has to be sent back to fox. On holidays for...
  14. lindz1817

Found

Item: bolt that screws into the non drive side of xt cranks Location: Ballarat/ swan hill Price range/Willing to Pay: I'm sure it's still cheaper than a new crankset. Extra Info:
  15. lindz1817

Production Privee Shan Build (first ground up build)

Received this off another burner tonight And after about 15 minutes of wrestling with sticky tape and bubble wrap I found this. Most of the parts for this build will be coming off either my banshee viento or commencal meta 55. Merging them together in the form of the Privee to just have...
  16. lindz1817

BB and crank compatibility

Been confused by headsets, now getting confused over bottom brackets. I'm wondering if cranks from a bb70 will fit on a press fit bb92. I couldn't find anything upon a Google search, but I'm sure someone here can set me straight. Cheers.
  17. lindz1817

Headset advice

Hey fellow burners, I have recently discovered just how confusing the world of headsets are so I need some help. If I was looking for an integrated headset to fit a tapered head tube measuring 42 top and 52 bottom, is this what I would require...
  18. lindz1817

LBS etiquette

I know there has been a thread about online vs LBS, but I'm wondering where people draw the line between them. We all know it's rude to try things on in a store just to get the size or fit with every intention to buy it online. But Is it rude to buy a part online that can be bought at a LBS and...
  19. lindz1817

Lubing new gear cable

Hey guys. I recently changed my whole drivetrain and it's not going well. When i push the trigger on the rear shifter to move the chain to a larger cog on the cassette, but not so far so it clicks, the mech moves halfway between gears, but then it stays there when the trigger is released. This...
  20. lindz1817

Changing hub adapters

I have a rise 40 wheelset with a 15mm front hub. Apparently it is adaptable to 9mm QR, but i have no idea how. I can't seem to just pull the ends off like on hope hubs. Do the 9mm QR adapters just sit inside the current 15mm that are already there?