2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Action

I just checked an email for the Stuart, seems like we need to invite our pit crews to join us, say what country we are from etc. I log in and find all the action is complete....
What is the default country that will be put down if you had no internet for the past few days? Will it be the country at the top of most forms? ie will I be racing for Afghanistan or Canada...

DaGonz

Eats Squid
I just checked an email for the Stuart, seems like we need to invite our pit crews to join us, say what country we are from etc. I log in and find all the action is complete....
What is the default country that will be put down if you had no internet for the past few days? Will it be the country at the top of most forms? ie will I be racing for Afghanistan or Canada...
I don' know... but I tried updating the "pit crew manager" and just go an exception page. Given I'm about to head off back country with just a few blinking lights of my GPS tracker for company for a while. If there's anything else, then it's just gonna have to wait. IMHO these constant "oh you need to update this new requirement by silly short time frame..." is getting silly

Cheers
Spoonie

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
WSC silly details...

I don' know... but I tried updating the "pit crew manager" and just go an exception page. Given I'm about to head off back country with just a few blinking lights of my GPS tracker for company for a while. If there's anything else, then it's just gonna have to wait. IMHO these constant "oh you need to update this new requirement by silly short time frame..." is getting silly

Cheers
Spoonie
Hello WSC Riders,

We are working hard behind the scenes to ensure many small details are dealt with, thus helping us with the planning of a smooth event. I agree that the "Pit Managers" is a bit aggressive, so we will allow until the 15th of September. Please note that we are also busy with producing other events, so our desire is to be ahead with these requirements.

Category and Country Representing are required now.

Thanks for your assistance,

Stuart

Last edited:

davzab

Likes Dirt
Hello WSC Riders,

We are working hard behind the scenes to ensure many small details are dealt with, thus helping us with the planning of a smooth event. I agree that the "Pit Managers" is a bit aggressive, so we will allow until the 15th of September. Please note that we are also busy with producing other events, so our desire is to be ahead with these requirements.

Category and Country Representing are require now.

Thanks for your assistance,

Stuart
Hey Stuart.

Just a quick question about changing race category.. I've emailed you..
What is the latest I can change my category without financial or start/pitting position penalty? From what i can read it is 14 days out from the event?

Cheers.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Mechanics

Have got a few requests from overseas riders looking for pit crew managers and/or mechanics. These would be paying gigs.

If anyone is interested - especially in being a skilled bike mechanic for a group of international riders, please send me a PM with your contact details.

Flying haggis

Likes Bikes
If your going to have an additional pit crew member besides your registered pit manager, do you have to register them also?

Cheers,
FH

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hard training?

Hey all,
I have a question,
I've done a few longish rides recently but nothing in the way of what I really wanted to do.
rain is a real pain in the ass.
Soooo
Should I really ramp up my rides now until we are a week away from the actual event.
i.e. take the long way home 80km , get a good pedal in before riding to work.
or will this burn me out?

what do you think?

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Hey all,
I have a question,
I've done a few longish rides recently but nothing in the way of what I really wanted to do.
rain is a real pain in the ass.
Soooo
Should I really ramp up my rides now until we are a week away from the actual event.
i.e. take the long way home 80km , get a good pedal in before riding to work.
or will this burn me out?

what do you think?
One word Mr Dreggss... Specificity!
You've ridden long stuff, so you shouldn't need reminding of that, but you could do some intense effort sessions, even just on a wind trainer.

You're the shizzle mate, just rock up and you'll smash it

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Inside sport

I work for inside sport magazine,
One of our writers is coming down to the event to write a story about it.
if any one is keen to get interviewed (especially if you think your going to podium)
give me a yell and I'll pass on your details.

cheers
Jason

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
I work for inside sport magazine,
One of our writers is coming down to the event to write a story about it.
if any one is keen to get interviewed (especially if you think your going to podium)
give me a yell and I'll pass on your details.

cheers
Jason
Happy to get interviewed but I would only class myself as an A Grade midfielder. And your earlier question re. dinner, its definitely on the Sunday evening.

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Happy to get interviewed but I would only class myself as an A Grade midfielder. And your earlier question re. dinner, its definitely on the Sunday evening.
Mate you didn't interview well for the HBDN, what hope have you got for Inside Sport:)