2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

jean5614

Likes Dirt
Great to hear the Easter race is on, if it's not the Aussi Champs, well makes little difference, it's a great race. Magic:cool:

what?

The 75% / 50% rule only applies to the Scott 24Hr plus National Championships. For all other races, it will be a defined number based on the number of entrants into the solo categories, but not less than 10 men and 5 women per qualifying event. This number will be based on the number of pre-entered riders when rego for each event closes.

As of 31 October, the official Australian Qualifying Races are:
. 2009 Scott 24Hr
. 2009 Kona 24Hr
. 2010 JetBlack Sydney 24Hr
. 2010 Merida 24hr
This is a useless ruling. So not until entries are closed at these events will you publish the qualifying standards. That is ...... less than satisfactory.

Suggest you look at last years entries to these events and add a few cos people may be keen to ride the worlds and get a standard out asap.

Its only maths. It is about considering the riders, their travel plans, sponsors and planning a qualifying schedule. Age groupers totally discriminated against.

liamo

Likes Dirt
This is a useless ruling. So not until entries are closed at these events will you publish the qualifying standards. That is ...... less than satisfactory.
I don't wish to have a go at you so don't read this the wrong way. How would knowing the exact numbers influence your decision to enter one of these races?

I would have thought going on last years numbers would be a grossly unfair way to allocate spots. You can bet the company that the numbers of soloists this year will be significantly higher now that there are WSC spots on the line.

e.g. Say there were 15 soloists in a race last year so, based on these numbers, it's determined that the top 6-7 get a qualification spot. Because everyone is trying to qualify what if there are actually 30 competitors this year then you are effectively discriminating against people like yourself.

I can see where you're coming from but IMHO the selection criteria is not too harsh. If you can keep on the bike and push through the whole time, steady and sure, then I'd be surprised if you didn't qualify.

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt

Suggest you look at last years entries to these events and add a few cos people may be keen to ride the worlds and get a standard out asap.

Its only maths. It is about considering the riders, their travel plans, sponsors and planning a qualifying schedule. Age groupers totally discriminated against.
So last year you could qualify at the aussie champs, scott and Kona... this year the Sydney 24 and Merida 24 get added to that list (and one assumes the Aussie champs would probably be a qualifier when its announced).

Worlds coming to Oz in 2010 was announced back in July and the Scott was always a qualifier so... yeah its tough organising travel plans to get there but if you were worried then the Scott was the place to qualify.

The fact that theres a minimum of 10 from each race is pretty good - look at qualifying in the US... top 1 or 2 only get automatic qualification, the rest go into a lottery.

Looks like there'll be a big field at the Sydney 24 so probably lots of entries up for grabs :)

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
Help!!

Is anyone else havinng problems entering?
I have been through the whole log in process, but cannot select a category and take the next step...any tips?
The bottom of the page says I may not be eligible, but my names is definitely on Russ's list.
Thanks

UKmatt

Likes Bikes
Anyone out there able to help me out?

I'm coming over from the UK to race. Need to find out info about the area, like accomodation info, weather etc.

Anyone who has some time and can answer questions I have, please PM your email addy.

Cheers, Matt.

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Anyone out there able to help me out?

I'm coming over from the UK to race. Need to find out info about the area, like accomodation info, weather etc.

Anyone who has some time and can answer questions I have, please PM your email addy.

Cheers, Matt.
Its not the weather you should be concerned about at Stromlo. Do a search for deadly snakes and spiders found in AUS. Stromlo has lots of open trails that the snakes love......

ebuk

Likes Dirt
^^^^ no drop bears as there aren't enough trees. Make sure to check for hoop snakes though.

And you'll need a bell to ward off the swarms of kangaroos.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
I'm coming over from the UK to race. Need to find out info about the area, like accommodation info, weather etc. Anyone who has some time and can answer questions I have, please PM your email addy.

Cheers, Matt.
Matt,

Have sent you a PM, but ...

Weather - expect fine and an overnight minimum of 2 and daily max of 25. Having said that, it can be unpredictable. Over the last 10 years, the coldest overnight minimum has been -5 and the highest daily max 33. If you want to get a fitted out marquee as part of your entry, there is an option to hire a gas "mushroom" heater.

There is heaps of accommodation in Canbera, about 16,000 hotel beds, but also lots of camping areas, budget accom and backpacker stuff. Have a peek at this link.

Some happy snaps of various prior 24Hr events at the location for the 2010 24Hr Worlds are:

2007 Aerial Photos

2008 Night Photos

Setting up for the 2009 race

2009 race on Saturday and Saturday Night

2009 Race on Sunday

Oh, and don't be too concerned by all these comments about spiders, kangaroos, drop bears and hoop snakes. They're not a problem - the crocodiles ate them all.

m_g

Likes Dirt
so am I right, that on the 4th dec the easter solo race in canberra will be announced, and it will be announced as possibly the aussie champs and also possibly a qualifier for the world champs? :confused:

thanks

btothec

Likes Dirt
Is anyone else havinng problems entering?
I have been through the whole log in process, but cannot select a category and take the next step...any tips?
The bottom of the page says I may not be eligible, but my names is definitely on Russ's list.
Thanks
Yeah I'm having the same issue. All the categories come up with the prices but I can't select anything either. I qualified for my age group at Scott this year. Has anyone been able to sign up yet?

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
so am I right, that on the 4th Dec the easter solo race in canberra will be announced, and it will be announced as possibly the aussie champs and also possibly a qualifier for the world champs? :confused:

thanks
No - the 4th of December is when MTBA announce the race which will be the 2010 Australian Solo 24hr MTB Champs.

CORC's Easter race is on regardless of whether it is the Aussie Champs or not. It will also be a qualifier for the Worlds, but the numbers to qualify from it will depend on numbers entered, and whether CORC are successful in bidding for the 2010 Australian Solo 24hr MTB Champs.

ebuk

Likes Dirt
+ 1

There are currently no race categories available for which you can register. This may be caused by there being no categories for which you are eligible or you are already registered for this event.

And just curious, why are the prices different for elite / <25 / every other age group?

DaGonz

Eats Squid
5:07pm - on Nov 2nd. Still cannot enter.... same reasons as all the above posts
You normally have to be activated to register, that is apply to be presented with a category. At least, that's what we had to do in previous years. So if you've only just activated your account and havn't emailed Stu or recieved an email from stu saying you've been activated for the Solo Worlds rego then sit tight a little longer I'd suggest.

HTH

Cheers
Gonz

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And Stu does not respond quickly to emails either.
I have had an email with him for over a week.