2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Russ, how much is the entry expected to be for the worlds, and do we get a seniors discount?;)
Still finalising that with 24HoA, but you can expect entry prices:
. to be the same (or slightly cheaper) than Canada
. there will be an early entry discount
. there will be one price for Elite and another for Age-Groups and Single Speeds

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Still finalising that with 24HoA, but you can expect entry prices:
. to be the same (or slightly cheaper) than Canada
. there will be an early entry discount
. there will be one price for Elite and another for Age-Groups and Single Speeds
So I'm guessing by that, entries won't open tomorrow(ish) as advertised?

Cheers
Gonz

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Is the sydney 24 a qualifing race?
Looking forward to seeing you pace yourself, I'm sure this will be a new experience for you. Assuming you do it, what will it be SS or geared?

The great thing about Australians, and one of the reasons I think we dominate, is we all seem really open to sharing our experiences, tips and techniques. I hope that doesn't change....

Cheers
Gonz
Right on brother!!

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Sydney 24 - qualifying event for the Worlds

We are proud to announce that the JetBlack twenty four hours Sydney 2010 just received the status of Official Qualifying Event for the World MTB solo Championships 2010 in Canberra. Entries are capped at 600 at the moment until we know how long the final track will be.

Looking forward to some fierce battles on one of the harder 24 hour tracks out there.

ebuk

Likes Dirt
I keep getting a file damaged error when I attempt to open the pdf.

Can someone explain the criteria for the single speed category. In 2008 I qualified in age group (35-39) on a geared bike, but I want to do the worlds on a SS and keep seeing this qualify top 5 which I assume would mean, find a qualifying event, race ss, finish in the top 5 places in SS?
Bump....anyone help with this? How many people have to be entered in SS for qualification. Eg if there are onlly 3 people and I come 3rd do I qualify?

carbs

Likes Bikes
We are proud to announce that the JetBlack twenty four hours Sydney 2010 just received the status of Official Qualifying Event for the World MTB solo Championships 2010 in Canberra.
Will you have set numbers for mens/womens qaulifiers and if so how many or will it 50%/75% rule.

Le Matelot

Will you have set numbers for mens/womens qaulifiers and if so how many or will it 50%/75% rule.
The 75% / 50% rule only applies to the Scott 24Hr plus National Championships. For all other races, it will be a defined number based on the number of entrants into the solo categories, but not less than 10 men and 5 women per qualifying event. This number will be based on the number of pre-entered riders when rego for each event closes.

As of 31 October, the official Australian Qualifying Races are:
. 2009 Scott 24Hr
. 2009 Kona 24Hr
. 2010 JetBlack Sydney 24Hr
. 2010 Merida 24hr

Last edited:

spikenet

Likes Dirt
a defined number based on the number of entrants into the solo categories, but not less than 10 men and 5 women per qualifying event.
so realistically, unless your really on top of your game, qualifying at anything but the scott (which already happened) or the nationals rules out the riders in the middle of the pack?
Seems odd not doing the 50/75% given the grandfather clause going back to 2004 :confused:

Whilst on the subject, I'm interested to hear what last years solo's thought of the syd24. If we get the same conditions and similar track it could be a tough one?

Le Matelot

For all other races, it will be a defined number based on the number of entrants into the solo categories, but not less than 10 men and 5 women per qualifying event.
so realistically, unless you're really on top of your game, qualifying at anything but the scott (which already happened) or the nationals rules out the riders in the middle of the pack?
No. It will come down to what that defined number is. Remember the stated 10 men / 5 women is the minimum number that will qualify from each event. It could be a lot more, depending on how many enter the solo categories in the qualifying event.

Seems odd not doing the 50/75% given the grandfather clause going back to 2004 :confused:
The 75% / 50% has always been a special arrangement that CORC has had with 24HoA for the Scott.