2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Bodin

GMBC
I know.
You guys overflow into our little piece of paradise at a rate of 2,167 new residents each week.

;)
Correct - your economy and general level of cultural sophistication would be ruined without us, so think yourselves lucky. :p

(We're going to have to take this elsewhere, slack-jawed Queensland yokel-boy. Should be get back on topic now?)

liamo

Likes Dirt
Thanks for posting the entry criteria Russ. I reckon I might try to get my act together for this :)

Having to go through the qualifying process with the likelyhood of ortho surgery soon was having me think I would be sitting this out. Now I just gotta figure out how to train up for it on 5-10 hours/week :confused:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Thanks for posting the entry criteria Russ. I reckon I might try to get my act together for this :)

Having to go through the qualifying process with the likelyhood of ortho surgery soon was having me think I would be sitting this out. Now I just gotta figure out how to train up for it on 5-10 hours/week :confused:
Just want to make sure you realise you have already qualified by virtue of your 2004 race...

liamo

Likes Dirt
Just want to make sure you realise you have already qualified by virtue of your 2004 race...
Yep, knew that I qualified. Also well aware that just because I've qualified doesn't mean I'm ready; it's been a few years since I was in race trim and life keeps on getting in the way of getting that fitness back!

Win

Likes Dirt
Qualification gets slacker by the minute.
One only has to do 3laps another is in from 6yrs ago:confused:
Most will have to race off again J English in the next 6mths:eek:

Get a grip isn't this supposed to be the Worlds?

Edit; the worlds according to the US and Canada

Last edited:

liamo

Likes Dirt
Qualification gets slacker by the minute.
One only has to do 3laps another is in from 6yrs ago:confused:
Most will have to race off again J English in the next 6mths:eek:

Get a grip isn't this supposed to be the Worlds?
Don't worry mate. I won't be entering just so I can say I've raced the worlds. I've already earned those stripes. I'll be in it for a result. Would you like me to submit my resume for races (and wins) I've managed since 2004?

I'm all for trash talking but unless I know the person dishing it out I tend to take it personally. Tell me, have we met?

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Qualification gets slacker by the minute ... another is in from 6yrs ago:confused:
You might want to cut Liamo some slack. At the end of the day he has met the qualification rules set down by the Worlds Organiser/Owner, in 2004 and I suspect many times since.

Oh - this is one of those cases where forum anonymity is a bit of a disadvantage, because you're also talking about one of the very first Aussie riders to do the World Solo 24Hr Champs, so he was at the start of the procession of Aussies to North america which has now culminated in the World Champs being in our own backyard.

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
He's new, he doesnt know how the forum works yet and that respect is big here.

I tend to just ignore people like that

Bodin

GMBC

No fourth party required in this little misunderstanding when it's already been cleared up. Any fifth parties will be deleted.

Win

Likes Dirt

New? and i'm looking at your join date.
As for qualifing, not even the present Olympic champion or World champion has earnt to right to be at the next Olympics, they have to qualify like everyboby else.
Not that I agree with that, I believe the Olympic champ' has earnt the right to defend his title, fit or not, just like the defending football world cup holders.
Put J English in but I don't see anyone else qualified yet.
IMHO and 2 cent worth:rolleyes:

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Put J English in but I don't see anyone else qualified yet.
IMHO and 2 cent worth:rolleyes:
Mate, Have you ever done a Solo 24hr? Competitively?

There has always been a grandfather clause for this race, that is if you've competed at it before, you get automatic qualification (on a limited number basis). I'm pretty thankful of that, not just because it makes it easier for me to get in, but because it means I only have to put my body through one solo 24hr this year. Of the last two 24hr solo's I've done, one took me over a month before I was off the pain killers and many more at the physio, the other months before I'd recovered mentally to actually get back racing properly again. I rode myself into the ground to qualify for Elite the first time, then rode through the mud and rain of Canmore 2008. IMHO and my 2cent worth, I reckon I've earnt my Grandfather spot, as has Liamo (by the way, his trophy cabinet includes a win at a little club 24hr they have in Canberra every year you might have heared of? I think they call it "the scott" these days.)

I've also supported both the elite and not so elite and can assure you it's no easy feet for anyone to scrape a spot on the start grid.

Anyway, what do you care how the qualification system works as long as the best guy wins! I'll see you on the Start line in Oct '10 yeah?

Cheers
Gonz

BigSplashBear

Likes Dirt
Chill guys, chill

This is the salient point.

Anyway, what do you care how the qualification system works as long as the best guy wins! I'll see you on the Start line in Oct '10 yeah?

Cheers
Gonz
Does it really matter that a lot of Aussie and Kiwi men and women get to take part in an awesome event. That its time for the Yanks and Canucks to part with their hard-earned cash to come over to play?

Those that have qualified may enter - doesn't mean they will. Those that wish to enter have opportunities to qualify.
So to Gonz's very point......see you on the start line.

The point about Olympians - hmmm, should the 24 hour format be added to the Olympics? :D

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Of the last two 24hr solo's I've done, one took me over a month before I was off the pain killers and many more at the physio, the other months before I'd recovered mentally to actually get back racing properly again.
Cheers
Gonz
Thanks for that bit of info Gonz, I thought I must of been old or soft or something 'cos 3 weeks after the scott and I'm still trying to get the kinks massaged out. As for motivation to get ready for the Fling that's gone way south!
You've made me feel human again cheers!!

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Thanks for that bit of info Gonz, I thought I must of been old or soft or something 'cos 3 weeks after the scott and I'm still trying to get the kinks massaged out. As for motivation to get ready for the Fling that's gone way south!
You've made me feel human again cheers!!
hehe! A little Off Topic, but I think there should be a support group for Endurance racers, you know like AA but diffirent :) I find it awesome talking to other 24hr racers, and the couple of stints in the pit have been real eye openers. If you're going through something, chances are everyone else is, or has had to cope with the same thing. This seems to be true from the elite all the way down! One of the reasons I started blogging was 'cause there was very little on the web about actually dealing with Solo Endurance stuff. The great thing about Australians, and one of the reasons I think we dominate, is we all seem really open to sharing our experiences, tips and techniques. I hope that doesn't change....

...I think this is where we're meant to partner up or go through guided meditation or something according to fight club

Cheers
Gonz

bradbike

Likes Bikes
not that smart one speeder

g'day russ,know that you are probably sick of all these world qualifing questions but i'm just a little confused about single speed qualifing{or just dumb}.i did 13 laps at last years kona single speed,mr english did 25,would this qualify me for the worlds single speed section or just age group because there wasn't a single speed section at last years kona,thanks heaps bradbike

chops007

Likes Dirt
less then 4weeks before my 1st 24..

i reckon anyone who has qualified for worlds and actually made the
trip overseas to race it has earnt there spot for the 2010 worlds..

chops